What's new

DRDO says it has capability to produce VVIP choppers

There is a related story with respect to "competency" of our Govt aided organizations in Monopoly sectors.

Every country in the world has provided protection for Defense-related corporations. They are too valuable to be given a free hand in this capitalist market.

Look at America there are projects over budget and behind schedule.

Can we ask the DRDO not to embarass us Indians by mentioning what they CAN do when projects on hand are still.... ... u know what.

Not that am dissing the DRDO lobby but puhhleeezzz... it becomes embarassing when they build castles in thin air. Tomorrow even I can say I can build a helicopter for VVIP (Very Venomously Injurious Persons)..

VVIP_zps57c16fa3.png

My doodles on MS Paint .. call me Krazy !

Thay should Finish Tajes Project First
DRDO is working on Tajes since 30 year not operational yet

Tejas is very much finish product, only question is , how Keen IAF and political class to induct it.

I think ppl comprehended it wrong...

What was asked ? "Can DRDO build heavy choppers"
What he replied? "Yes we can, we have capabilities"
Will we make it? "No, coz making 20 numbers of these will not be financially feasible."

Hope I comprehended it for you ppl.

This is one thing where I totally agree with DRDO. Make an ammendment in constitution that mandates that VVIPS can travel only in indigenous helicopters aka our DRDO made helicopters. Our 'VVIPs' will know how much risk they are putting our soldiers to. And they will kick DRDO's butt to make things better.

Lol.. just like t90s and mig21??? You didnt even read the whole news but started barking... he said as we developed alh and lch we can develop awa101 as well bur not feasable now for.small num. drdo and indian made weapons are many way far better and lower in cost than foreign maals. in that way china should never induct a single.chinese made weapon... nor they had a MIC.

Why bash ministers..... Indians including the members here loves foreign maals... drdo should be able to give bribe like AW to make aw101. Everyone will be happy.....

Good Lord!! Can someone devalop a system which will shut Saraswat's mouth!!

We also need to develop something to let you understand english and stopng our journos to ask funny questions. read the article again and try to understand.

We also need to develop something to let you understand english and stopng our journos to ask funny questions. read the article again and try to understand.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...lity-produce-vvip-choppers-2.html#post3944550

(post #18)

Nothing wrong with Seikos statement, since it simply gets annoying to see Mr Saraswat' barking around, while providing so less on the otherside. He should stop making such nonsens statements and promises, especially in fields where he has nothing to do anyway.

IMRH.jpg

INDIAN MULTI ROLE HELICOPTER (IMRH)

Co-Design and co-production of a 10 Ton class Medium Lift Helicopter is proposed to be taken with an international helicopter manufacturer to meet the requirement of the 3 Indian Defence Services. This approach is taken to shorten the development timeframe.

The Helicopter will be powered by twin engines and will feature blade folding option for ship deck operations. The variant for Army/IAF will support Air assault, Air Transport, Combat logistic, Combat search & rescue and casualty evacuation operations. The naval variant will be developed for Anti Submarine Warfare and Anti Surface Vessel Strike roles

Welcome to Aerospace Division of HAL

So HAL knows quiet well how to do it the best, by keeping DRDO and their daydreamers out!

I am a layperson - but one thing strikes me is how Boeing elongates their 737s / 747s into different versions ? It is known fact that they have the technology to extend fuselages and make different variants of A TYPE of aircraft. Can't the same be applied to choppers.. say a Rudra in an extended fuselage able to accomodate pax / multirole. IF those who scoff at this suggestion, look at Bell Huey choppers and how they have evolved since Vietnam era.

Again - this is just an ignorant at best post, knowledgeable replies please, no trolls.

I was not talking about this incident only.. You have seen many times he is making such non sense comments.. almost all of the projects of DRDO is delayed yet he is interested only in big talks.. Idiotic statements like our weapons are better than US and comprable to western weapons even before the first test wont cut it!! He can make statements. but first prove DRDO's worth to the world.. Otherwise he is making a fool out of himself..

I am a layperson - but one thing strikes me is how Boeing elongates their 737s / 747s into different versions ? It is known fact that they have the technology to extend fuselages and make different variants of A TYPE of aircraft. Can't the same be applied to choppers.. say a Rudra in an extended fuselage able to accomodate pax / multirole.

Yes that can be done and will be done by many manufacturers, but the size and weight difference from a light to medium helicopter, to a medium to heavy helicopter like the Mi 17, S92 or AW 101 is simply too high.
But we could extend the size of the naval Dhruv for example, integrate more fuel and new engine/rotor system (with automatically folding rotors) to fullfil the needs of IN and ICG for ASW/SAR helicopters, which would be a rather simple modification than developing a new helicopter, or inducting new types of foreign helicopters. Sadly everybody wants only new things, instead of making the current successfull things even better.

DRDO says it has capability to produce VVIP choppers

Even if they do.. they won't be allowed! Simple reason being... no scope to make big money for Netas & Babus. There won't be any middle man or $s going into foreign bank accounts.

I was not talking about this incident only.. You have seen many times he is making such non sense comments.. almost all of the projects of DRDO is delayed yet he is interested only in big talks.. Idiotic statements like our weapons are better than US and comprable to western weapons even before the first test wont cut it!! He can make statements. but first prove DRDO's worth to the world.. Otherwise he is making a fool out of himself..

Totally agree, you can take the Astra and Sudarshan developments as an example as well. Both very important for India, but even before the first test results were available, they came out with talks about future versions (Ramjet Astra and extended range Sudarshan), although these versions are also not up to date with current foreign weaponary of our forces.
Same goes for LCA and techs, like NG cockpit, a stealthy MK3 :hitwall: and all the BS. If only they would put the same effort on developing things simple and realistically, as they use for lame PR.

Whats the difference between VIP and VVIP?.

Nothing, just sounds more important I guess.

:undecided:
IMRH.jpg

Welcome to Aerospace Division of HAL

So HAL knows quiet well how to do it the best, by keeping DRDO and their daydreamers out!

I hope you are joking :undecided:

HAL is nothing more than a manufacturing unit, with no or very limited design capability. HAL engineers even can not design small components like door without the help of DRDO(ADA), I have second hand experience with them. HAL is only responsible for 10% as far as design is concerned, rest is done by DRDO.

Back
Top Bottom