What's new

DRDO Railgun program now progresssing towards 10 Mega Jule medium rail gun-100 mega jule gun next

Next in line is 100 mega jule capacity gun which will fire 18 KG warhead at Mach 6 to Mach 7.

100 MJ gun will be able to fire a 18 KG round at 100 to 400 KM.

Next in line is 100 mega jule capacity gun which will fire 18 KG warhead at Mach 6 to Mach 7.

100 MJ gun will be able to fire a 18 KG round at 100 to 400 KM.

That will take another 5-10 years.

Railguns have a very useful strategic value when they will be mounted on Indian satellites.
I completely agree. Railguns will be able to provide utter devastation with kinetic strikes launched from satellites. This could render entire countries powerless by frying power grids through their shockwaves.
Railguns mounted on satellites can be utterly devastating. More so than certain nuclear weapons. And there is absolutely no running from the shockwaves, and it's impossible to intercept or predict a strike, as it comes from space.

Awesome achievement, whilst our army leadership are more concerned in protecting their corruption…

I completely agree. Railguns will be able to provide utter devastation with kinetic strikes launched from satellites. This could render entire countries powerless by frying power grids through their shockwaves.
Railguns mounted on satellites can be utterly devastating. More so than certain nuclear weapons. And there is absolutely no running from the shockwaves, and it's impossible to intercept or predict a strike, as it comes from space.
satellite should provide the power for the railgun. Are we talking about nuclear reactor powered satellites ?

His idea for Sci Fi weapons comes from Gi Joe.

I don’t think you realise how dangerous shockwave weaponry really is. Solid metal rod 10 metres tall, dropped from orbit, could wreak havoc upon anything on the ground, within a large radius of about 5km

Multiple rods dropped on bases, from space could Destroy massive amounts of enemy hardware in a short space of time, and the enemies would be powerless to counter it

I don’t think you realise how dangerous shockwave weaponry really is. Solid metal rod 10 metres tall, dropped from orbit, could wreak havoc upon anything on the ground, within a large radius of about 5km

Multiple rods dropped on bases, from space could Destroy massive amounts of enemy hardware in a short space of time, and the enemies would be powerless to counter it
Read about project thor - rods from god.

I hope you have the calculations or simulations to support your claim of 'wrecking havoc within a radius of 5 km'. Even a 100 kT nuclear warhead doesn't 'wreak havoc within a radius of 5 km'.

Read about project thor - rods from god.
That's exactly what I was trying to speak about, but I just forgot the name

Back
Top Bottom