What's new

DRDO eyes robotic soldier, mule

But robotic soldier is a big GUP... and would be almost impossible to build in the near future...if it was so easy to build USA would already have been fielding a regiment or 2..... better they concentrate on the F-INSAS project... which i guess would be much more beneficial!

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Well by future soldier the author doesnot meant a two legged humanoid which can think like humans, its not realistic and its not cheap. Common man this coming from a senior member of this forum is not good...
What the author meant is building a platform which can do the job of a soldier, that mean a four wheeled platform as its more stable and fit it with camera and image recognition and shape recognition software and fit it with some weapons or simply a remotely operated vehicle fitted with cameras and weapon systems will also do the job as it will prevent the soldier from going in the conflict and do his/her job without the danger of any loss of life. Also if the platform is strong enough it can withstand damage done by guns and may be even grenade...

If you mean an armed unmanned ground vehicle tht is very much possible! india can get the help frm israel... they already have it in service....but than again its not very usefull....good for border patrol at max.

But robotic soldier is a big GUP... and would be almost impossible to build in the near future...if it was so easy to build USA would already have been fielding a regiment or 2..... better they concentrate on the F-INSAS project... which i guess would be much more beneficial!

F-INSAS is already on. It's time to start planning for the next phase after F-INSAS.

Might even take 10-15 years depending on the complexity of the system that DRDO tries to make.

The more complex the system, the longer it will take to develop.

If you mean an armed unmanned ground vehicle tht is very much possible! india can get the help frm israel... they already have it in service....but than again its not very usefull....good for border patrol at max.
exactly...whih can do the job of an infantry soldier. The light version of such vehicle is already been made which is fitted with a machine gun but a more smart and a little bit bigger with a little more variety of weapons which can move on almost all the terrains is what the answer. As far as israeli help is concerned, yeah its available and most appreciated but drdo is doing good in robotics. I don't wanna compare drdo capabilities with Japanese Honda group or something like that but lets face it nobody needs a complicated robot which looks like human and can think and have emotions. I think 2 legged robotic soldier won't even work in the battlefield because its two unstable, best option is 4 legged all-terrain vehicle.

A bigger version of Unmanned ground vehicle is being tested by CVRDE which will be used in battles.

1.jpg

Its working nicely, now fitting cannon and using it successfully is the next challenge. I think by 2015 a fully equipped unmanned tank destroyer might enter in Indian Army.

dn8802-1_450.jpg

This is the Robotic mule from Boston Dynamics.

This is a very resilient machine. Its fast and extremely stable. The best part about this robot is the fact that it can recover pretty fast from "not-so-gentle" slips and falls.

Hell, you can kick it with every ounce of your human strength and still not destabilize it.

Resilient ? Very.
Durable ? Its like a goddamn tank.
Practical ? Yes.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

unmanned bmp is already displayed to services by drdo. however im also in favor of developing f-insas as nothing can match human intelligence and flexibility.

Some old uncles cant even comprehend between robots with artificial intelligence and robotic suites worn by soldiers!

.. This topic is above your pay grade. Robotic soldiers does not mean terminator styled robots. It takes IA to also work those suits, it is not made out of LEGO . Is not your area of expertise talking about how your military will defeat america?

.. This topic is above your pay grade. Robotic soldiers does not mean terminator styled robots. It takes IA to also work those suits, it is not made out of LEGO . Is not your area of expertise talking about how your military will defeat america?

My pay grade or yours? uncle i get my pay frm my parents... as for the topics looks like your old brain cant comprehend english... even though you claim to live in america? :

We are working on building soldier robots that can work like a human soldier. Such a robot needs data base, artificial intelligence to carrying out its activities and the DRDO is planning to build such a robot

Where does it talk about a suite? go troll... coz you dnt even understand tht suites dnt need artificial intel... coz its manned by"HUMAN SOLDIERS"!

LMAO @ you again!

@agent perry: unmanned :lol: it wasnt unmanned it was just a BMP with NBC protection!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom