What's new

DRDO, Army working on futuristic artillery gun

no sorry, if this reaches them, the headlines will be " drdo working on star wars like laser canon"
They already have one of those!!!
Clipboard03-754607.jpg

Clipboard03-754607.jpg

i right now dont care what drdo is working on, rememeber the hstdv, they have been saying that it will be tested in 2009, 2010. 2011, 2012 and just keep delaying for everr... thats their job.

i right now dont care what drdo is working on, rememeber the hstdv, they have been saying that it will be tested in 2009, 2010. 2011, 2012 and just keep delaying for everr... thats their job.
^^
project is not with DRDO its with isro

just look at budget of DRDO , for new things they are going to take time . For LCH they came up with prototype in less than three years because of experience gained in ALH project .

Wait and watch

What a surprise!....NO.

DRDO (legendary DRTROLL) has been very busy for 30 years, mainly working on the following:

A. futuristic LCA
B. futuristic Arjun
C. futuristic Bullet
D. futuristic Insas rifle
E. futuristic 6 gen
F. futuristic ammunitions
G. futuristic Kaveri
H. futuristic Indoor pumping

Now you add futuristic artillery into the list...

What's the next? Futuristic Rupee?

If plus ISRO, I say India can have world's Futuristic Novel Award every year, easy.

What a surprise!....NO.

DRDO (legendary DRTROLL) has been very busy for 30 years, mainly working on the following:

A. futuristic LCA
B. futuristic Arjun
C. futuristic Bullet
D. futuristic Insas rifle
E. futuristic 6 gen
F. futuristic ammunitions
G. futuristic Kaveri
H. futuristic Indoor pumping

Now you add futuristic artillery into the list...

What's the next? Futuristic Rupee?

If plus ISRO, I say India can have world's Futuristic Novel Award every year, easy.
Why do you post with incomplete information??
I could have answered and rebuked all your claims, but my time would be better utilised trying to catch flying pigs.......:disagree:

Good luck guys, Let's hope this project does not end up like KAVERI Engine.
Please dont worry for Kaveri , atleast we have something called R&D . We will soon reveal new engine program whose work is 50% completed with Russian help and kaveri experience . It doesnt matter whether LCA has kaveri or not when it is bombing you :P
Any way thanks for your wish :D

Clipboard03-754607.jpg

I am sorry in advance because i am going to do this :rofl::rofl: on this news , lol i think soon we will have NASA scientists in DRDO for learning

On a serious note ,thinking logically an organization which is not able to make even a single engine for its 30 years old aircraft project she is talking about something futuristic like this ... This is the limit of humor now :blah:

If the past and present performance of DRDO is any indication, the year 2022 will have the Indian armed forces rejecting the 'futuristic' artillery gun on grounds of poor performance, reliability and delivery schedule as well as overblown costs. To salvage the program, DRDO will announce other uses for the gun such as:

Propelling basketballs at high speeds
possible firefighting uses
propulsion for ships and trains

On a serious note ,thinking logically an organization which is not able to make even a single engine for its 30 years old aircraft project she is talking about something futuristic like this ... This is the limit of humor now :blah:

Er.........in 1970s when Indian started her space program , today she enjoys capabilities one could have dreamed off in that era.

Early beginning always helps.

they will never be used in present but only in future. that's why they are futuristic guns. :alcoholic:

They should atleast go for 52-calibre gun instead of 45. Things that should go on futuristic artillery :

1) Light weight.
2) Increased rate of fire
3) Longer range
4) Guided projectiles with great accuracy and even glide projectiles like glide bombs.
5) Fully automatic reloader. In short only one man should be needed and that to for aiming and firing, rest should be done automatically.
6) Should be modular like artillery gun module of KMW.

AGM.jpg

India will produce Licensed version of Bofors and will also be producing Improved variant , by that time local variant will fill numbers , in next ten years no one is working on new guns , this is the right time for DRDO to work on new guns , rather then start it late , i am confident that locally developed bofors will surface soon .

Let DRDO keep banging its head

In the mean time they should increase the order of OFB Bofors from 114 Guns of 155mm/39 Calibre and 200 Guns of 155mm/45 Calibre ie from 314 Guns to ATLEAST 1000 Guns

This should take care of Artillery Shortages till 2022

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom