What's new

DRDO andits Missile Plans

fsayed

Reaction score
Country
India
0NVdO3v.jpg

DRDO Chief Avinash Chander in an interview to a Defence Magazine has put some light into India’s current missile
plans and future projects which DRDO is planning to carry out in near future . DRDO chief also explained reasons
behind failure of Nirbhay cruise missile and status duo of current missile programs .
DRDO chief explained that take off to cruise was performed flawlessly in last year first test launch of Nirbhay cruise
missile but mid way Gyro malfunctioned and missile dangerously started coming close to coastal village and it had to be
destructed mid way , Suitable modification was carried out on the failed component and next launch will be carried out
in next month , coming to K-15 SLBM Chief said that next test of the missile will be carried out on board INS Arihant
when it will go for sea trials soon .
On Nag anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) he informed that the missile has a new seeker head and will soon start
summer trails soon and development of Man portable anti-tank guided missile will be carried out soon and new lighter (
Nagin ? )
missile will be in class of Israeli spike and American Javelin portable anti-tank guided missile , Air launched
version of Nag ( Helina ) has been tested for first time last year and will carry out further test this year too .
Astra MK-1 BVR ( Beyond Visual Range ) will carry out it final ground based test soon and first test firing from Sukhoi
30 will take place by mid of this year , DRDO plans to develop two more Astra BVR variants in next few years , Astra
MK-1 currently has 40 km range and Astra MK-2 will have 100 km range and Astra MK-3 will have 150km .

HERE ARE 10 MUST-KNOW POINTS ABOUT INDIA'S NIRBHAY:
  1. It is a sub-sonic cruise missile. It blasts off like a rocket, but then unlike a missile, it turns into an aircraft. Unlike other ballistic missiles like the Agni,Nirbhay has wings and pronounced tail fins.

2. In early flight after launch, the rocket motor falls off and the small wings get deployed.

3. At this point a gas turbine engine kicks in and it becomes like a full aircraft, explains P S Krishnan, Director, Aeronautical Development Establishment, Bangalore.

4. The Nirbhay is very maneuverable and can fly at tree-top level making it difficult to detect on radar.

5. Once near the target, it can even hover, striking at will from any direction.

6. It can strike targets more than 700 km away carrying nuclear warheads, giving India the capability to strike deep into enemy territory.

7. It gives India the capacity to launch different kinds of payloads at different ranges from various platforms at a very low cost. It can be launched from a mobile launcher.

8. The missile has a fire-and-forget system that cannot be jammed.

9. It is India's answer to America's Tomahawk and Pakistan's Babur. The US had deployed cruise missiles very effectively during the Gulf War.

10. India has made tactical missiles of different capacity, but had made a cruise missile. DRDO scientists, including several women, worked very hard on theNirbhay.

@Aeronaut Please edit the title

It is India's answer to America's Tomahawk and Pakistan's Babur. The US had deployed cruise missiles very effectively during the Gulf War.

Why is this statement even necessary?

Last edited:
HERE ARE 10 MUST-KNOW POINTS ABOUT INDIA'S NIRBHAY:
  1. It is a sub-sonic cruise missile. It blasts off like a rocket, but then unlike a missile, it turns into an aircraft. Unlike other ballistic missiles like the Agni,Nirbhay has wings and pronounced tail fins.

2. In early flight after launch, the rocket motor falls off and the small wings get deployed.

3. At this point a gas turbine engine kicks in and it becomes like a full aircraft, explains P S Krishnan, Director, Aeronautical Development Establishment, Bangalore.

4. The Nirbhay is very maneuverable and can fly at tree-top level making it difficult to detect on radar.

5. Once near the target, it can even hover, striking at will from any direction.

6. It can strike targets more than 700 km away carrying nuclear warheads, giving India the capability to strike deep into enemy territory.

7. It gives India the capacity to launch different kinds of payloads at different ranges from various platforms at a very low cost. It can be launched from a mobile launcher.

8. The missile has a fire-and-forget system that cannot be jammed.

9. It is India's answer to America's Tomahawk and Pakistan's Babur. The US had deployed cruise missiles very effectively during the Gulf War.

10. India has made tactical missiles of different capacity, but had made a cruise missile. DRDO scientists, including several women, worked very hard on theNirbhay.

Fsayed great work but I'm curious, why the profile picture of Rahul Gandhi. Congress is going to be out in less than 2 months. BTW can I also get paid for Dentsu promotion. Will help pay my college canteen bill. :p

fsayed .. see what international media sayes about your beloved...
BBC News - Why decision to free Rajiv Gandhi killers is a political masterstroke
More importantly, they also point out that the wife of Afzal Guru, a Kashmiri man who was executed in 2013 for the 2001 attack on India's parliament, openly wonders why her husband wasn't shown the same consideration as the killers of Mr Gandhi

be fan , ac, cooller
its your right... but you are colur blind or blind follower..
anyways
your choice... as you said me nahi hum.. with close eyes, ears, and mouth
have seens arnab goswami rap interview with RG.. how was it

I see but how do you explain corruption. BJP did coffin scam, gadkari, sugar scam but this looks like ant to CWG, 2G, RAILGATE, ADARSH, COALGATE,THORIUM SCAM, ETC. When my parents slog day and night and I see inflation eat away savings, last thing they need is corruption and misrule.

Congress pisses on us but can't even call it rain.

I see but how do you explain corruption. BJP did coffin scam, gadkari, sugar scam but this looks like ant to CWG, 2G, RAILGATE, ADARSH, COALGATE,THORIUM SCAM, ETC. When my parents slog day and night and I see inflation eat away savings, last thing they need is corruption and misrule.

Congress pisses on us but can't even call it rain.
--
and they shamelessly call zeo losss

fsayed .. see what international media sayes about your beloved...
BBC News - Why decision to free Rajiv Gandhi killers is a political masterstroke
More importantly, they also point out that the wife of Afzal Guru, a Kashmiri man who was executed in 2013 for the 2001 attack on India's parliament, openly wonders why her husband wasn't shown the same consideration as the killers of Mr Gandhi

be fan , ac, cooller
its your right... but you are colur blind or blind follower..
anyways
your choice... as you said me nahi hum.. with close eyes, ears, and mouth
have seens arnab goswami rap interview with RG.. how was it

Becoz then there where only small business
And iam a christian and i dont hate bjp but there is a Suspicion that after election you will make hindu laws
our grand grand fathers(like many people) are too born in india but time made some changes to our beliefs that's not make us not indian we to need our rights like anti-cow slaughter Act
--
indian democracy is grown up..
BJP is pro nationalist .. but certainly now anti india like some now ..
cow is holy for hindus.. so they will object it.. like pork for muslim is no go
if they make laws which are anti nationals .. peole will teach lesson to them..
call is urs

So the whole thread was destroyed by ModiTards after asking an unrelated question and then vomiting over it .

@fsayed Learn to Ignore ModiTards . They are more Modi then modi himself bringing unrelated questions and destroying a defense thread .

--
indian democracy is grown up..
BJP is pro nationalist .. but certainly now anti india like some now ..
cow is holy for hindus.. so they will object it.. like pork for muslim is no go
if they make laws which are anti nationals .. peole will teach lesson to them..
call is urs

I love my steak .

So the whole thread was destroyed by ModiTards after asking an unrelated question and then vomiting over it .

@fsayed Learn to Ignore ModiTards . They are more Modi then modi himself bringing unrelated questions and destroying a defense thread .

I love my steak .
i posted to sherin .. not you..
have you ever saw history for mr.fsayed post..
modi tards .. good lingo...half of country is used to this lingo.. wanna see

@fsayed Bhaijaan, you started trolling on your own thread instead of advising others not to? @pursuit of happiness @spectribution Guys, please don't bring Politics into every thread. Discuss these points in the relevant threads.
Sorry.... will aviod.. but fsayed stared it..but sorry . will stop here

i posted to sherin .. not you..
have you ever saw history for mr.fsayed post..
modi tards .. good lingo...half of country is used to this lingo.. wanna see

Sorry.... will aviod.. but fsayed stared it..but sorry . will stop here

It was Retribution or some other lame a** kid who started it when he didn't like the response of fased to his question and you jumped in the fray on off topic posts . Whatever history of fsayed post is it is not related to this thread . Rest of your post is codswallop of stupidity . why bring and defend modi in a thread not related to him ?

@fsayed Bhaijaan, you started trolling on your own thread instead of advising others not to? @pursuit of happiness @spectribution Guys, please don't bring Politics into every thread. Discuss these points in the relevant threads.
Well i did not find first off topic post of fsayed trolling . He answered retribution's question . After that it was riot fest of newbies .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom