What's new

Dr Qadir - A national hero or traitor

I only know that he took initiatives for nukes....Every one is against him USA, India or some of our own people it shows that there is something in him which threaten USA, India or what else. Before him no one talked about Nuclear Pakistan.

Actually before AQ Khan, Pakistan already had Plutonium reactors.

thanks atleast you can see lolz......don't mind just kidding.

No, its alright. As it happens, APJ is one of the most independent minded Presidents that India has ever had, if you care to do your research well.

However, I am not interested in proselytizing my particular point of view at the moment. Feel free to compare him with criminals like AQ Khan.

No, its alright. As it happens, APJ is one of the most independent minded Presidents that India has ever had, if you care to do your research well.

However, I am not interested in proselytizing my particular point of view at the moment. Feel free to compare him with criminals like AQ Khan.

AQ Khan is not a criminal either afaik. It was never proven that he stole anything from urenco. Even the Dutch dropped the case. And if he was involved in proliferation with Iran, how come Iran can't make any nukes?

Now comparing Kalam to AQ Khan is a perfect comparison. Both were useless, and needlessly touted as great men in some tit for tat response to make the people hero worship someone.

AQ Khan is not a criminal either afaik. It was never proven that he stole anything from urenco. Even the Dutch dropped the case. And if he was involved in proliferation with Iran, how come Iran can't make any nukes?

Now comparing Kalam to AQ Khan is a perfect comparison. Both were useless, and needlessly touted as great men in some tit for tat response to make the people hero worship someone.

Even Osama Bin Laden is not a criminal. Did anyone convict him?

"Now comparing Kalam to AQ Khan is a perfect comparison. Both were useless, and needlessly touted as great men in some tit for tat response to make the people hero worship someone."

my sentiments exactly.....! :smokin:

"Now comparing Kalam to AQ Khan is a perfect comparison. Both were useless, and needlessly touted as great men in some tit for tat response to make the people hero worship someone."

my sentiments exactly.....! :smokin:

Again please don't compare the two men - Their records speak for themselves, if you care to look it up.

the topic of this thread is "Dr. AQ - A national hero or traitor?"

Did you know Dr. Khan was born on April Fool's Day. April 1st, 1936. In Bhopal. :coffee:

Why compare with Mr. Abdul Kalam. Be on topic, and that is AQ khan is hero or not. Talk about that rather then comparing him with others.

he always remain our national hero yes other scientists contributed but he trained them he make the 1st muslim country nuke power if we dont have the nukes we are gone long long ago

so road runner before say any thing think

...we gave them nuke and got missiles...
Wrong, the alleged nuclear proiferation was about transfer of unanium enrichment technoly, not nukes.

what our leaders are doing with A.Q khan is absolutely pathatic..with apology
It may be so but Dr. Khan's reponse is even worse. A true patriot would have gone down to save the pride of the country, even if the allegations were wrong. If it saves the country so be it.

what India did with their Nuke scientist, they simply made him the president...
No disrecpect to Dr. Kalam but India loves to showcase her 'secular' path to democracy, put a melange of religious and ethnic minorities together and you have a perfactly functioning PR mechanism. But I don't want to derail the tread so leave it there.

i am not sure but i read in many news papers that Indian Scientists was also involved in this case but their moves were to protect their Nuke Scientist...
Yes, India used the same network to acquire sensitive technology thoug its widely denied by the Indian media.

and we what we did we simply put sanction on him...this is not good..
He's guity to some level and he got pardonned. Again a true patriot would have been proud with sanctions having the the knowledge that even then he was serving his country.

he is our hero
And he'll grow above himself if he keeps his mouth shut. We're paying big price for pardonning him..

he provide us with a simply, cheap and advanced technology and make Pakistan stronger but our leaders are making him weaker and weaker...he is our hero and as a Pakistani we all should support his efforts.
He gave us an alternative whith shorter timespan than our original Pu-based nuclear programme. He's over credited for his achievements but there were other scientists who would have done the same job with our original nuclear programme. The problem is that Bhutto wanted to make the bomb within five years, he sidelined other scientists and give AQ Khan full command of the project which included clandestine dealing with a global network of dealers.
AQ Khan was made God and the country served and treated him well, its his turn now.

Just my 2 cents...:coffee:

"...and we what we did we simply put sanction on him...this is not good..he is our hero he provide us with a simply, cheap and advanced technology and make Pakistan stronger but our leaders are making him weaker and weaker...he is our hero and as a Pakistani we all should support his efforts."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh i see...is it patriotic to champion this man's actions even as our inflation rate (20%) spirals out of control, putting more ppl at risk of disease and malnutrition, our exports continue to suffer because our technologies cannot compete on the world markets, and our electricity is not sufficient for the exporters to produce their goods. Did i mention the degradation of our environment, and especially our staggering illiteracy rates...this man has made Pakistan stronger? i don't think so. Advanced technology is only good when it empowers the ppl and lifts them out of poverty.

Sadia Ji, it was governments choice to go nuclear not his.You must have heard Bhutto's words "Hum ghans khaengay magar atom bomb zaroor banaengay" and thats the price we had to pay for our nuclear ambition and we may like it or not, nuclear deterrence is the very reason we're still there and as long as we sustain minimum deterrence policy no one can or will hurt us.
We struggled for more than three decades to achieve nuclear capability and invested every single penny into the programme but its time to move on....and fight poverty, illetracy, corruption, pollution..etc.

Advanced technology is needed to compete at global market, without competition there's no way you'll empower the comon man....they go hand in hand.

How many times has it got to be said. AQ Khan was no hero. He contributed to a nuke program by taking centrifuge designs from another country. Pakistan would have got nukes without him. Many other Pak scientists made bigger contributions to the nuke program than him, but he stole all the glory. He was a mediocre metallurgist. Overrated.

Thank you Sir!

It saddens me to see how elder and senior nuclear scientists have been overshadowed, discreditted and even forgotten by so many. :undecided:
Again AQ Khan was no God, he was just another smart scientist with a few good friends. He made it possible to build infrastructure in a short timeframe and the country will always be thankfull for his achievements.

But we've shifted from (AQ Khan led) HEU to (original) Pu based nuclear programme to build our nuclear arsenal, our missiles will use Pu warheads since they're smaller and produce much higher yield.

APJ Abdul Kalam is a truly eminent scientist and educationist. Please don't compare him with "other scientists".

Don't compare him to our "other" brilliant scientists either just because they lack publicity or didn't make it to the precidency. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom