What's new

Dr Afia Siddiqui "The Grey Ghost Lady of Bagram"

Why hand over, our criminals should be tried in Pakistan not handed over to foreign nations, and I am sure there is a law in place for that. Deportations of suspects to foreign nations is one procedure and the other is wanted foreign suspects. Neither of this applied on the hundreds of missings persons to the eyes of our intelligence agencies they were all foreigners and they were all wanted.

Arrests are not going to stop simply because Zardari is in power. It's a matter of internal security. Every country has extradition treaties.

Originally Posted by roadrunner
The US cannot disprove or offer an alternative explanation because they don't know what on earth Ridley is on about. And I'm inclined to agree with their position.

Talking to Geo News on phone from US, Elaine Whitfield Sharp, a lawyer for Siddiqi’s family said she spoke to an FBI official on August 1, who said, “She is injured but alive, and she is in Afghanistan, but the officials didn’t tell under whose custody Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is held at present.”

You do not even know what has been done by Musharraf. You are assuming this wailing grey lady was arrested by ISI, held on Musharraf's order for 5 years in Bagram (or by the Americans). Where is your evidence that she even was in Bagram for 5 years?

Once its proved that she was handed over by the pak govt...then what?
Will mushy be held accountable or do you even want him to face justice?

Your track record so far on the subject of Dr Afia has been wrong and i am certain you will proved wrong again.....the ISI worked under the orders of mushy.

Arrests are not going to stop simply because Zardari is in power. It's a matter of internal security. Every country has extradition treaties.

Just out of intrest can you tell me which treaty it is thats allows pakistanis to handed over to the US without due process......or is there due process and we dont know about?

Talking to Geo News on phone from US, Elaine Whitfield Sharp, a lawyer for Siddiqi’s family said she spoke to an FBI official on August 1, who said, “She is injured but alive, and she is in Afghanistan, but the officials didn’t tell under whose custody Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is held at present.”

Once its proved that she was handed over by the pak govt...then what?
Will mushy be held accountable or do you even want him to face justice?

Your track record so far on the subject of Dr Afia has been wrong and i am certain you will proved wrong again.....the ISI worked under the orders of mushy.

Right, it has been proved that she is currently in US custody. That is where the evidence points to. The US has admitted it, and I think this is also true, since the US did not have to admit this. But where does all this wailing grey lady of Bagram come from? Do I believe that now. No. Because there is no proof. The difference is you don't need much prove to believe something you want to believe, whereas I do. The same proof that you hope the US will hold Aafia Siddiqui to, is not being demonstrated by you.

You seem to think extending on facts with fiction will result in the truth being told. So far noone has proved she was ever in Bagram.

Is it coincidental that Ridley brought this story to light as soon as the US admitted she was in custody? I think it's far too coincidental.

Just out of intrest can you tell me which treaty it is thats allows pakistanis to handed over to the US without due process......or is there due process and we dont know about?

One can extradite on the basis of embezzlement or many other minor offences.

Why hand over, our criminals should be tried in Pakistan not handed over to foreign nations, and I am sure there is a law in place for that. Deportations of suspects to foreign nations is one procedure and the other is wanted foreign suspects. Neither of this applied on the hundreds of missings persons to the eyes of our intelligence agencies they were all foreigners and they were all wanted.

i agree. We should not hand over people but should try and punish them within the frame work of our laws.This is one of the main reason why Cj iftikhar was dimissed. he probed a bit too much and threatened senior agency members with jail sentences if they did not comply . But even by our degraded standards, I would never have imagined them handing over a woman.
Araz

The treaty of the stick!! you hand him over or this stick finds its way up your orifices. This is typical of American gunghoism. When they want something done they will use might till they achieve their targets.
Araz

totally agree with you bro:pakistan: this is a travesty of Justice Dr Afia Siddiqui should be immediately released i mean this lady has gone through hell for the past 5 years for god sake she is the mother of three kids this is truly inhuman .

Even your link says that Pakistan denied ever holding her. Everything is is suspicion. Perhaps she was held by Al Qaeda the last 5 years. Let's wait confirmation before bufooning blindly into accusations.

What horse manure of an answer. All the articles clearly state that she disappeared from Karachi with her three children. The last I checked Karachi was a part of Pakistan.

Why have you IGNORED that fact. Scared to criticise Gen M as you may be recalled from your cushy posting in Timbaktu ?

That aside, lets clear certain doubts

1. She is a Pakistani citizen first and even if she is Al Quaida cannot Pakistan try her ? Is there any Pakistani law which states that all AlQ Pakistani have to be tried in USA ?

2. Extradition is done thru a local court order. Was she produced in any Pakistani Court ?

Just accept the fact that for money or out of fear Gen M has thrown all the rules in the dustbin to please USA but that will be too bitter a truth for someone like you to swallow.

Regards

You do not even know what has been done by Musharraf. You are assuming this wailing grey lady was arrested by ISI, held on Musharraf's order for 5 years in Bagram (or by the Americans). Where is your evidence that she even was in Bagram for 5 years?

yaar RoadRunner an assumption is made without evidence. Its a guess, a supposing. In this case since Musharraf, ISI, and IB are the BIG FISHES thats why I am assuming against him. Let me clear something, Musharraf just agreed to handing over Al-Qaeda members, while ISI and/or IB do the dirty work. Of course US has a big hand in this snag. I am just saying if Musharraf, ISI, and/or IB have a hand in this, it shouldn't be dismissed. They should move forward to help her against the accusation made by FBI etc crap. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan: :pakistan::pakistan:

What horse manure of an answer. All the articles clearly state that she disappeared from Karachi with her three children. The last I checked Karachi was a part of Pakistan.

Why have you IGNORED that fact. Scared to criticise Gen M as you may be recalled from your cushy posting in Timbaktu ?

Alright genius. It's not possible for say Al Qaeda to kidnap her from Karachi? But noone really knows where she disappeared from.

And yes, I'm really scared General Musharraf will come looking for me with his baton.

That aside, lets clear certain doubts

1. She is a Pakistani citizen first and even if she is Al Quaida cannot Pakistan try her ? Is there any Pakistani law which states that all AlQ Pakistani have to be tried in USA ?

She does not have to be tried in the USA. But she was caught in Afghanistan (according to the Afghan police and FBI) and held in American custody. So unless Pakistan are doing something sneaky, she's not been held in Pakistani custody, or at Bagram, unless the FBI and Afghans have been lying.

2. Extradition is done thru a local court order. Was she produced in any Pakistani Court ?

No court. Apparently she wasn't even held by the Pakistanis. So why the need for a court?

Just accept the fact that for money or out of fear Gen M has thrown all the rules in the dustbin to please USA but that will be too bitter a truth for someone like you to swallow.

Regards

I'll accept it when you provide some evidence of it. Not just speculation of what you think must have happened because it's the most obvious thing to your mind. Usually that's a clue that someone has it wrong. Condemn what is true, innocent until proven guilty for the rest.

yaar RoadRunner an assumption is made without evidence. Its a guess, a supposing. In this case since Musharraf, ISI, and IB are the BIG FISHES thats why I am assuming against him. Let me clear something, Musharraf just agreed to handing over Al-Qaeda members, while ISI and/or IB do the dirty work. Of course US has a big hand in this snag. I am just saying if Musharraf, ISI, and/or IB have a hand in this, it shouldn't be dismissed. They should move forward to help her against the accusation made by FBI etc crap. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan: :pakistan::pakistan:

then where do we disagree? ISI may have a hand in it, but it's an assumption that she was held by ISI, tortured at bagram, or handed over to the Americans, at the moment. Just stick to facts, which are, she's been found, the FBI or Ridley are lying, she has a bullet wound and a lot of trauma, she is a potential suspect who will have hopefully a fair case in a civilian court (unlike many currently held in Guantanomo).

then where do we disagree? ISI may have a hand in it, but it's an assumption that she was held by ISI, tortured at bagram, or handed over to the Americans, at the moment. Just stick to facts, which are, she's been found, the FBI or Ridley are lying, she has a bullet wound and a lot of trauma, she is a potential suspect who will have hopefully a fair case in a civilian court (unlike many currently held in Guantanomo).

Some facts for you RR....

Aafia Siddiqui, whom the US accuses of al-Qaeda links, vanished in Karachi with her three children on 30 March 2003.

The next day it was reported in local newspapers that a woman had been taken into custody on terrorism charges.

Initially, confirmation came from a Pakistan interior ministry spokesman.

But a couple of days later, both the Pakistan government and the FBI publicly denied having anything to do with her disappearance.

Two days after Aafia Siddiqui went missing, "a man wearing a motor-bike helmet" arrived at the Siddiqui home in Karachi, her mother told the BBC.

"He did not take off the helmet, but told me that if I ever wanted to see my daughter and grandchildren again, I should keep quiet," Ms Siddiqui's mother told me over the phone in 2003.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first of these was on 23 June 2003 - three months after her disappearance - in Newsweek.

1.An investigative report, calling her a micro-biologist, said she and her husband were part of an al-Qaeda sleeper cell.

2.In Baltimore, she is alleged to have opened a mailbox for a suspected al-Qaeda operative now in Guantanamo Bay.

3.Majid Khan has been accused of planning to blow up petrol stations across the US.

4.She was later named as part of an alleged al-Qaeda diamond smuggling operation in Liberia.

5.Publications such as Newsweek quoted the FBI as saying this was to finance al-Qaeda's biological and chemical weapons programme.

The charges against her get more and more ridiclious.....dont forget she also shot 2 US army:disagree:

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Mystery of Siddiqui disappearance

^^and this proves what? Certainly not that ISI had taken her in. All it proves is that her last known location was Karachi, the time, 2003. But she might not have disappeared from Karachi, since noone knows who kidnapped her, or even if she was kidnapped. If a pet paraqueet vanishes in New Jersey, and the time, 2005, does that mean it was being held by ISI also?

It's possible that they'd taken a woman in the next day, and then released her. The motorcycle helmet i can't explain. I'm sure ISI could think of some thing more sophisticated than that though.

Pakistan seeking from US consular access for Dr Afia: FO

Updated at: 1749 PST, Thursday, August 07, 2008

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is seeking from United States consular access and medical assistance for Dr Afia Siddiqui, and is committed to bring back all Pakistanis detained in other countries.

"The government is committed to bring back all Pakistani detainees including Dr Afia Siddiqui," Foreign Office spokesman, Muhammad Sadiq told weekly media briefing at Foreign Office here.

The spokesman said Pakistan Embassy in Washington was seeking consular access to Dr Afia and expected that US authorities would take decision on the issue by today.

He said the government still does not have full information about the case.

"We still do not know when she was arrested originally, where her children are, how she was missing. We are still trying to find these facts," he added.

Pakistan seeking from US consular access for Dr Afia: FO - GEO.tv

Back
Top Bottom