What's new

Dozens arrested at Sweden riots sparked by planned Quran burnings

Why don't the Swedish goons talk about the biggest hoax of human kind history, the Holocaust lie? It is not freedom of Expression or what?
Some Swedish people do deny the holocaust, just like some people assert that the earth is flat. In Sweden, being wrong is not a crime. Nobody hangs them from a crane for their opinions.

Burning the Quran is not inciting violence.
There are no laws against denying the holocaust.
That does not mean that there will not be repercussions.
You will simply be shunned by all decent people.

Comparing Macron to Hitler is a definite libel case.

Freedom of Expression is not without limits.
There is a reason to have Freedom of Expression, and the right to try to harm society is not one of them.
The right to criticize politics is however the core of Freedom of Expression.

Congratulations on supporting those that work to throw out Muslims from Europe.
Sweden allows criticism against all religions.
It does not allow attacks against people.

Fascists use violence to achieve their goals.
Hate speech doesn’t have to incite violence. Hate speech can be just an expression of disrespect towards any ethnicity, religion, national origin, etc.

How is burning the Quran conceivably not hate speech? It is an extreme expression of disrespect.

Please, it’s not like these people are writing an article, which you will never see any protests for, outlining what they think is wrong with Islam.

Burning the Quran is not inciting violence.
There are no laws against denying the holocaust.
That does not mean that there will not be repercussions.
You will simply be shunned by all decent people.

Comparing Macron to Hitler is a definite libel case.

Freedom of Expression is not without limits.
There is a reason to have Freedom of Expression, and the right to try to harm society is not one of them.
The right to criticize politics is however the core of Freedom of Expression.

Congratulations on supporting those that work to throw out Muslims from Europe.
Sweden allows criticism against all religions.
It does not allow attacks against people.

Fascists use violence to achieve their goals.

I have highlighted in bold so you can see the law being broken. The quran holds the central beliefs of islam within it, there is nothing wrong to challenge or criticize those beliefs, but the swedish law clearly says by expressing contempt for the belief is punishable by law. Burning this central tenant of belief is much more than contempt.

A person who, in a statement or other communication that is disseminated, threatens or expresses contempt for a population group by allusion to race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation or transgender identity or expression is guilty of agitation against a population group

Your point on freedom of expression is not without limits is my very point, in Europe those limits are cherry picked there are double standards clear to be seen. That statement also does away with the very point of freedom to Express ironically....

Hate speech doesn’t have to incite violence. Hate speech can be just an expression of disrespect towards any ethnicity, religion, national origin, etc.
That depends on the legal definition in that country. In your own country, burning the national flag is protected under freedom of expression. In most developed countries, especially liberal democracies, only speech that incites violence is punishable by law. Anybody is free to burn books.

Your flags show that you are from the US, so I wonder how you are not aware of this. Innumerable people have burnt the bible, and even such artworks exist:

Most progressive countries dislike religion.
Most progressive countries dislike Indians too. And most colored people.

That depends on the legal definition in that country. In your own country, burning the national flag is protected under freedom of expression. In most developed countries, especially liberal democracies, only speech that incites violence is punishable by law. Anybody is free to burn books.

Your flags show that you are from the US, so I wonder how you are not aware of this. Innumerable people have burnt the bible, and even such artworks exist:

I admire America. But America doesn’t have double standards. They don’t allow this sort of hate speech in the US. If they do, they make sure it doesn’t get airtime. It’s because they have experience dealing with hate speech against blacks that this sort of thing does not fly. The last time some idiot pushed a movie that could offend Muslims, he went straight to jail.

I admire America. But America doesn’t have double standards. They don’t allow this sort of hate speech in the US. If they do, they make sure it doesn’t get airtime. It’s because they have experience dealing with hate speech against blacks that this sort of thing does not fly. The last time some idiot pushed a movie that could offend Muslims, he went straight to jail.
Err...they most certainly do allow this sort of speech in the US. There are unnumbered films or documentaries that mock religion. That is a basic, fundamental right in the USA. Here is one:

Most progressive countries dislike Indians too. And most colored people.
Do you?

Err...they most certainly do allow this sort of speech in the US. There are unnumbered films or documentaries that mock religion. That is a basic, fundamental right in the USA. Here is one:

Correct, but the US punishes said people in other ways- by sucking out the oxygen from them, giving them no air time, etc. prosecuting them for other reasons. You won’t see nationwide news about cartoons or Quran burnings when they know it offends Muslims in the US. see:- https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...nti-muslim-film-ordered-jailed-012117266.html
No, but your peeps in Europe behind this charade certainly do.

Correct, but the US punishes said people in other ways- by sucking out the oxygen from them, giving them no air time, etc. prosecuting them for other reasons. You won’t see nationwide news about cartoons or Quran burnings when they know it offends Muslims in the US. see:- https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...nti-muslim-film-ordered-jailed-012117266.html
They get plenty of airtime and more. Bill Maher (who's documentary I linked above) is featured on all major networks, in prime time. In the USA, and in most of the free world, you can burn books or offend religious sentiments - it is a fundamental right, just as practicing a religion is a right.

They get plenty of airtime and more. Bill Maher (who's documentary I linked above) is featured on all major networks, in prime time. In the USA, and in most of the free world, you can burn books or offend religious sentiments - it is a fundamental right, just as practicing a religion is a right.
If there was such objectionable content that Muslims would be offended sufficiently to start riots, it would get no screen time whatsoever. Can guarantee this.

If there was such objectionable content that Muslims would be offended sufficiently to start riots, it would get no screen time whatsoever. Can guarantee this.
How can you guarantee this? On your word? "Trust me, bro"?

Americans have the right to insult any religion, including yours. The threat of riotous Muslims is not superior to the guarantees of the constitution of the USA.

How can you guarantee this? On your word? "Trust me, bro"?

Americans have the right to insult any religion, including yours. The threat of riotous Muslims is not superior to the guarantees of the constitution of the USA.
Because of case evidence like the one I provided above. Go read.

Because of case evidence like the one I provided above. Go read.
I get the feeling that you are rather young. Sure, live in your bubble. In the real US of A, everybody has the right to criticize any religion. Including your Islam.

I get the feeling that you are rather young. Sure, live in your bubble. In the real US of A, everybody has the right to criticize any religion. Including your Islam.
I get the feeling you are not American. Or just naive. There have been two cases in my lifetime when some speech could have caused riots because it offended Muslims so. Both time, said speech was censored. I provided you one case- you can guess the other one if you are so aware of American issues.

I get the feeling you are not American. Or just naive. There have been two cases in my lifetime when some speech could have caused riots because it offended Muslims so. Both time, said speech was censored. I provided you one case- you can guess the other one if you are so aware of American issues.
No one said they don’t have the right to criticize anyones world view. People do it all the time. The difference is when it is hate speech, or incitement and when it can cause riots etc. Then good ol’ Uncle Sam does intervene. If you don’t think so, you are naive.

How is burning the Quran conceivably not hate speech? It is an extreme expression of disrespect.

Please, it’s not like these people are writing an article, which you will never see any protests for, outlining what they think is wrong with Islam.
It is not speech for a starter.

I have highlighted in bold so you can see the law being broken. The quran holds the central beliefs of islam within it, there is nothing wrong to challenge or criticize those beliefs, but the swedish law clearly says by expressing contempt for the belief is punishable by law. Burning this central tenant of belief is much more than contempt.

A person who, in a statement or other communication that is disseminated, threatens or expresses contempt for a population group by allusion to race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation or transgender identity or expression is guilty of agitation against a population group

Your point on freedom of expression is not without limits is my very point, in Europe those limits are cherry picked there are double standards clear to be seen. That statement also does away with the very point of freedom to Express ironically....
As I pointed out, burning the Quran is against the religion, but not against the people adhering to the religion.
It is not illegal to express contempt for a political view or a religion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom