What's new

Doubtful video showing Army 'abusing' in Swat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan Army Zindabad , they are lucky they were not shot at the spot as Army could have made it a false encounter like police do.

Last edited:
No, the columnist does not write in the English newspapers. I can summarize the whole thing for you though:

This is about a person Mr. Anwar Jalal who works as an Assistant Professor in the Government College Pabbi. Mr. Anwar was coming to Peshawar from his hometown Kark in a flying coach. The coach was stopped on the other end of the Darra Adam Khel for a routine inspection by the security forces. There was a Sikh passenger in the coach who was harassed by the security forces even though he had the ID card etc. Professor Anwar told the security guy (who was from FC) politely that if the Sikh fellow had all his documents completed, please let the coach depart. Hearing that, the FC guy got upset and started using foul language. Mr. Anwar replied that a complaint can be made to his superiors about his misbehavior. Upon hearing this, the FC guy got very upset and asked Mr. Jamal to disembark from the coach. Mr. Anwar Jamal kept quite while the other passengers tried to cool the FC guy down.

The Sikh passenger had all his papers and finally the coach was allowed to go. The Driver was about to start when the same FC guy came with an Army soldier. Mr. Anwar though that the Army guy may be his senior and has come only to know what was going on. He shook hand with him and told him about the episode. After hearing all this, the Army guy asked Mr. Anwar about his profession. Mr. Anwar told him that he works as an Assistant Professor in a College. Hearing this, the Army guy asked him to remove his shoes. Mr. Anwar protested that he belongs to an honorable profession and asking him to remove his shoes is insulting. Hearing this, the Army guy started beating him, while in the mean time the other FC fellow also joined him.

The Army guy told Mr. Anwar that he can also be framed in the case of terrorism. After this, he left Mr. Anwar alone. And the story goes on…

And below is the other half of the story, as translated by Patriot:
Guys, Not sure if you heard of it but few weeks ago a major i think near Peshawar started beating a professor just because he asked few questions to FC Personnel.General Kiyani somehow found out about the incident and punished the officer.Great step in restoring image of Army.
(Professor Writes about the Incident and open letter to General Kiyani Jang Group Online )
Now What action has been taken..
read here
Jang Group Online :victory::victory:
The officer also apologized the professor and 28 days jail with one month salary cut.The CO officer (brigadier) of 11 corp also wrote letter to Professor and apologized.
General Kiyani is doing tremendous work to restore reputation of Army.

Bad apples exist everywhere - what is important is that the institution of the military take action when such examples are brought to its attention and validated.

As for some becoming squeamish over 'old people being beaten', I don't see why we should feel so bad just because of their age - Muslim Khan is in his fifties or sixites, and did any of you complaining about 'old people being beaten' listen to that hate filled rant of his to a Talib that was intercepted?

'Kill the children and families of the Soldiers'?

Old Age has no bearing on this discussion - what is a legitimate concern is whether the methods utilized were over the top or not, whether they are institutionally accepted, whether they should be changed.

Last edited:
This was just nothing man, Just a bit of kicks, Slaps & abuses, whats wrong with it, Have people here ever seen the Torture & slaughter videos released by Taliban(In one of them a 12 year old Child was slaughtering a man :blink:)

These little beatings will be conducted to make things work, whats wrong with it..

These little beatings will be conducted to make things work, whats wrong with it..
Not much except for the fact that those who are not yet become the terrorist will eventually become one.

Not much except for the fact that those who are not yet become the terrorist will eventually become one.

right they will become terrorists coz they received a few slaps & kicks, Ohh please
I think they must have guessed what Kinda treatment they will get from MI if they were terrorists

Last edited:
No, the columnist does not write in the English newspapers. I can summarize the whole thing for you though:

This is about a person Mr. Anwar Jalal who works as an Assistant Professor in the Government College Pabbi. Mr. Anwar was coming to Peshawar from his hometown Kark in a flying coach. The coach was stopped on the other end of the Darra Adam Khel for a routine inspection by the security forces. There was a Sikh passenger in the coach who was harassed by the security forces even though he had the ID card etc. Professor Anwar told the security guy (who was from FC) politely that if the Sikh fellow had all his documents completed, please let the coach depart. Hearing that, the FC guy got upset and started using foul language. Mr. Anwar replied that a complaint can be made to his superiors about his misbehavior. Upon hearing this, the FC guy got very upset and asked Mr. Jamal to disembark from the coach. Mr. Anwar Jamal kept quite while the other passengers tried to cool the FC guy down.

The Sikh passenger had all his papers and finally the coach was allowed to go. The Driver was about to start when the same FC guy came with an Army soldier. Mr. Anwar though that the Army guy may be his senior and has come only to know what was going on. He shook hand with him and told him about the episode. After hearing all this, the Army guy asked Mr. Anwar about his profession. Mr. Anwar told him that he works as an Assistant Professor in a College. Hearing this, the Army guy asked him to remove his shoes. Mr. Anwar protested that he belongs to an honorable profession and asking him to remove his shoes is insulting. Hearing this, the Army guy started beating him, while in the mean time the other FC fellow also joined him.

The Army guy told Mr. Anwar that he can also be framed in the case of terrorism. After this, he left Mr. Anwar alone. And the story goes on…

I know Mr. Anwar Jalal.:yahoo:

Only if those who were beaten were innocent. I fail to see what justification (not that there is ever justification to go around killing innocents - whether a Pashtun, Punjabi or Baluch militant) someone would have to become a terrorist if these people were indeed Taliban.

right they will become terrorists coz they received a few slaps & kicks, Ohh please
For an innocent and honorable Pathan, even an abusive word is sufficient to turn him against that person let alone the slaps and kicks. Why you think after an initial success, insurgency is constantly on rise in Afghanistan? Now you will say it is because Afghanistan is under occupation. Yes, it is under occupation but what is turning the common Afghans against the NATO/ISAF is in-discriminate killings and the humiliation. All those innocent folks who had nothing to do with Al-Qaida or Taliban and were detained in Gitmo joined the insurgence after their release.

Reactions: jin
For an innocent and honorable Pathan, even an abusive word is sufficient to turn him against that person let alone the slaps and kicks. Why you think after an initial success, insurgency is constantly on rise in Afghanistan? Now you will say it is because Afghanistan is under occupation. Yes, it is under occupation but what is turning the common Afghans against the NATO/ISAF is in-discriminate killings and the humiliation. All those innocent folks who had nothing to do with Al-Qaida or Taliban and were detained in Gitmo joined the insurgence after their release.

How many innocent and honorable Pathan were killed by these mad people? and still are :coffee:

Having looked at the video again and again one can see that this is in a police station. So the people being interogated were taken in custody by the police and are suspects.

Between 2:23 and 2:27 you can see people locked up behind bars so these people must have been arrested by the police.

The Officer asks from the first suspect whether he was involved with the taliban , whether he was involved in kidnapping of police personel when the man being questioned starts doing 'qassams' thats when the fisrt beating takes place.

Following is a rough translation:

0:10 Tum nay apnay behnoi kay sath koi kaam nahi kiya ?
( did you not do any work with your brother in law ? )

0:18 the guy replies no I did not , he had his own business and I had my own

0:25: The major say Im not talking about your business , were you or your brother in law talibs ?

0:30 He gives a smart alec kind of reply

0:31 First round of beatings

1:00 back ground voice 'tell the truth'

1:18 main nay batay hay uss ka bhi aisa hi kaam tha taliban kay sath , traning mraning kuch bhi nahin kiya
( I've told you he did similar work with the Taliban as I did , we didnt do 'training mraining' )

1:26 Major asks "Police walay ko tum nay afgah karwaya tha ?"
( Did you get the policeman kidnapped ? )

1:32 Talib starts doing 'qassams, says he had no link with taliban

1:42 Major says 'taawun tu tha' , 'mukhbari tu thi'
( you did collaborate, you were an informer )

1:50 second round of beating

2:04 talib starts saying 'allah kay liya reham farma'
(In the name of Allah have mercy)

<second round of beatings stops>

2:15 Major tells him listen to me carefully and dont waste my time , tell me the truth

<talib suspect doesnt tell>

3:17 Nhain bolta maro iss bhen chod ko

<beating starts>

3:34 one slodier kicks the suspect on the head, the other signals with his hand to hold back

Beatings for fist suspect stops

4:11 second suspect starts getting the beating, major instructs that lay him down then hit

4:42: Major says stop

5:10 Third suspect walks out of his cell

5:18 Second suspect's beatings stop

5:29 beatings for the third suspect starts

5:55 the Major yells 'stop it' , his men dont hear the order

6:19 He calls over one of his men instructs him to keep his ears open and when I tell you to stop you stop, and keep your attention towards me

6:47 Major ask the third suspect , 'Did you help the taliban in any way' < video is slightly cut here >

6:51 Second suspect is asked , listen to me again , we know you were raising slogan with them

7:21 App baqi loogin ki nishadhai karo
( You indentify the other people )

( Note here the Major used 'Aap' as opposed to 'Tum' as a degree of speech which is more respectable , he could have resoted to some other foul degree of speech here )

7:39 Second suspect nearly faints

8:45 The seond supect is telling the Major something ( not intellegabale here )

In summary this is taking place in a police station , the people in this video were already in custody of the police ( and their fore suspects ) perhaps the Army needed to get info out of these suspects so they roughed them up ( but still with in limits )

To be honest this might look harsh on video but even in some of our FG schools the headmasters dish out similarly rough treatment to far younger students, this after all is taking place in a war zone

Last edited:
Only if those who were beaten were innocent. I fail to see what justification (not that there is ever justification to go around killing innocents - whether a Pashtun, Punjabi or Baluch militant) someone would have to become a terrorist if these people were indeed Taliban.
Agno, it has less to do with justifications and more with the human psychology. That fellow with the white beard, if he was innocent and if he was released after that &#8216;interrogation&#8217; session, what you think, would have not told his sons and grand sons and relatives about his humiliation? In a tribal culture, something like this is very provocative. People will lift arms not because they are with the TTP, but because they will turn against the Army which is predominantly Punjabi. There is already an anti-Punjabi sentiment in the three provinces and acts such as the one in the video will only act as fuel on the fire.

I don't know much about Pathan mentality but i know one thing, Afgh is different from Pak, How can u compare rise of resistance against occupation in Afgh with these TTP thugs, do u know how many civilians NATO killed in recent times?? How can u compare Afgh & NWFP...
TTP didnt killed Pathans?? 90&#37; of the be heading videos I ve seen involve execution of Pushtun people & one or two of the soldiers beating them are speaking Pushto

& by the way u have not noted one thing, 99% of these Gitmo released detainees end up joining TTP not Afghan Taliban
'Guant&#225;namo Swede' arrested in Pakistan - The Local

anyways this beating was just nothing, They are lucky i was not there

Last edited:
Agno, it has less to do with justifications and more with the human psychology. That fellow with the white beard, if he was innocent and if he was released after that ‘interrogation’ session, what you think, would have not told his sons and grand sons and relatives about his humiliation? In a tribal culture, something like this is very provocative. People will lift arms not because they are with the TTP, but because they will turn against the Army which is predominantly Punjabi. There is already an anti-Punjabi sentiment in the three provinces and acts such as the one in the video will only act as fuel on the fire.

My friend ALL these people are in police custody , meaning they were ALL arrested by the local police. Have a look at the video again you can see people behind bars.

Ya Rab woh na samjahy haiN na samjayeiN gay meri baat
Dey aur Dil unko Jo na dey Mujh ko ZubaaN aur

AssalamoAlikum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom