What's new

Don’t worry Pakistani immigrant, the West will not treat you the way you treat your minorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

The article dismisses the fact that racism exists in the US and Canada, and instead tries to make a "lesser of two evils" argument here, all the while maintaining that the lesser evil doesn't exist. News flash, the lesser of two evils is still an evil, don't pretend it doesn't exist.

whatever you or any one else went through its obvious you like it more over there than migrating back to Pakistan .. also most important difference between Pakistan and any western country is no you dont have to sign a declaration saying ahmedis are non muslims also even after horrible events like 9/11 there was no public anger against muslims in general so please try and look at the bigger picture instead of coming up with stupid stuff like some kid called you a **** or a sand monkey

whatever you or any one else went through its obvious you like it more over there than migrating back to Pakistan .. also most important difference between Pakistan and any western country is no you dont have to sign a declaration saying ahmedis are non muslims also even after horrible events like 9/11 there was no public anger against muslims in general so please try and look at the bigger picture instead of coming up with stupid stuff like some kid called you a **** or a sand monkey
You don't seem to understand the situation, do you?

First of all, the reason why I don't migrate back to Pakistan is because it's 1) bloody expensive to move from one country to another, and unless you're rich, you're throwing away your whole life for a fresh start; and 2) I was raised here for most of my life, I have been to Pakistan quite a number of times, but I've been treated like a stranger, an outsider, so I have nothing to return too.

Next, your argument is flawed. You're using a straw man argument, I've said it before, a lesser of two evils is still an evil that must be condemned.

It wasn't the name calling that got to me, it's was my ex's safety that I was worried about. A brown Muslim man dating a white girl? If we didn't split up, one of us would have ended up in the hospital, or worse. I've gotten into fights with racist skin heads, I've been pulled over by police and been called racist terms, and there is literally nothing I can do to stop this from happening.

If you honestly think that there is no animosity in the US and Canada after 9/11, I invite you to come here on vacation for a week, and not pretend to be anything other than Muslim. Trust me when I say that you'll have a hard time living here.

It seems that I'm not the one needs to look at the bigger picture here.

@That Guy Where about do you live in Canada?
Brampton, a very South Asian part of Ontario, but there a quite a number of racists that live here too. Thankfully, they usually keep to themselves, but don't seem to like staying out of trouble.

I have never faced any kind of racism in the US.
I have, as has my cousin. You'd expect Brooklyn of all places to be nice and dandy to foreigners, considering how large the foreign population there is, but there are just some areas you stay away from.

Are you serious?? I've never faced racism even once in Canada. You must be living in some hick town.
Brampton actually, I'd hardly call it a hick town.

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand the situation, do you?

First of all, the reason why I don't migrate back to Pakistan is because it's 1) bloody expensive to move from one country to another, and unless you're rich, you're throwing away your whole life for a fresh start; and 2) I was raised here for most of my life, I have been to Pakistan quite a number of times, but I've been treated like a stranger, an outsider, so I have nothing to return too.

Next, your argument is flawed. You're using a straw man argument, I've said it before, a lesser of two evils is still an evil that must be condemned.

It wasn't the name calling that got to me, it's was my ex's safety that I was worried about. A brown Muslim man dating a white girl? If we didn't split up, one of us would have ended up in the hospital, or worse. I've gotten into fights with racist skin heads, I've been pulled over by police and been called racist terms, and there is literally nothing I can do to stop this from happening.

If you honestly think that there is no animosity in the US and Canada after 9/11, I invite you to come here on vacation for a week, and not pretend to be anything other than Muslim. Trust me when I say that you'll have a hard time living here.

It seems that I'm not the one needs to look at the bigger picture here.

a) like most pakistanis i have also spend a lot of time in the west
b) if things have drastically some how in the last few years but like of most the pakistans i have almost 80% of the youth have moved there for good and their is large no of familie is living there . Why i found it comparatively strange is except you and a few bloggers i havent heard much infact most are happy there.

I made an example on declaration on passport application .. there are 3 million ahmedis in Pakistan and this is open discrimination right on their face .. i mean where in west you see such discrimination .. apart from them the slaughter of minorities , looting and burning of their properties and what not. There is no comparasion between these two worlds and unfortunatly its our end where the giant evil resides

And if a white guy living in pakistan would have had a pakistani girlfriend he would have been blown to pieces.
Practice what you preach.
I do practice what I preach, and a lesser of two evils is still an evil. You said that like I'm somehow personally guilty of terrorism.

Did you even read the part where I said that my girlfriend and I broke up because of the threat of violence?

a) like most pakistanis i have also spend a lot of time in the west
b) if things have drastically some how in the last few years but like of most the pakistans i have almost 80% of the youth have moved there for good and their is large no of familie is living there . Why i found it comparatively strange is except you and a few bloggers i havent heard much infact most are happy there.

I made an example on declaration on passport application .. there are 3 million ahmedis in Pakistan and this is open discrimination right on their face .. i mean where in west you see such discrimination .. apart from them the slaughter of minorities , looting and burning of their properties and what not. There is no comparasion between these two worlds and unfortunatly its our end where the giant evil resides
Actually, there is murder, looting and burning of property in both Canada and the US, more than what the media likes to admit. I suggest you go to a place like loonwatch.com to see for yourself. Ahmedis are treated better by the authorities in Canada and the US, but the (thankfully small) racist population thinks of Ahmedis as being just as "murderous" as regular Muslims.

Here are a few recent examples of what I'm talking about.

Canada: .45 Caliber Bullets Shot At Muslim Women Wearing Hijab | loonwatch.com

Man with sword stopped by stun gun outside Islamic centre | loonwatch.com

But you'll never here about it on TV from the media, and if they do report it, it's usually on their website hidden away in a corner, in small text.

Last edited:
Racism exists everywhere. Recently in Harare, a Zimbabwean and I had an argument over some parking space. He called me a "Muslim Sh!t". When I pointed out to him that I wasn't a Muslim, he responded "okay, then you are a not-Muslim sh!t" :undecided:

Dude you are a great poster. What the hell are you doing in that god forsaken hole Zimbabwe? The place has gone to the pit after Mugabe's great liberation from the "evil white man". o_O

Unfortunately racism is alive and well in the world. But just because people are honking at you in the middle of the road and calling you an @sshole doesn't mean they are racist.

This is especially true in white on white situations..As I have mentioned in the past just sit patiently in a large mall parking lot and eventually you'll come across a scene of two white people fiercely going at it calling each other a #%€ %#^* @sshole because one snuck into the parking spot the other was patiently waiting for.

You'll be standing there pretty shocked.

Dude you are a great poster. What the hell are you doing in that god forsaken hole Zimbabwe? The place has gone to the pit after Mugabe's great liberation from the "evil white man". o_O
IF Zimbabweans keep electing that idiot Mugabe, then they deserve to get exactly what they voted for. The place is a hell hole now, and unless the people there wake up, they'll continue down their dark path.

Reactions: waz
Unfortunately racism is alive and well in the world. But just because people are honking at you in the middle of the road and calling you an @sshole doesn't mean they are racist.

This is especially true in white on white situations..As I have mentioned in the past just sit patiently in a large mall parking lot and eventually you'll come across a scene of two white people fiercely going at it calling each other a #%€ %#^* @sshole because one snuck into the parking spot the other was patiently waiting for.

You'll be standing there pretty shocked.
There is also that confusion some people have between common sense based on experience, political correctness and clear racism. Example; a friend once tried to get me to admit that everyone is racist to some degree, said to me, "Your car breaks down in a very bad part of town at 1:00AM and as you walk down the sidewalk, two young black males approach you (I am white, btw.). You mean you wouldn't feel scared, because they are African-American?" I said, "Not if they are in police uniforms." Two young black guys in gang attire? Sure, heck two white guys sporting swastika tattoos, and I am going to get defensive, but two policeman who happen to be black? No, I'm going to stop them and ask for help. Some people cry, "RACISM!", when it is often just prudence.

There is also that confusion some people have between common sense based on experience, political correctness and clear racism. Example; a friend once tried to get me to admit that everyone is racist to some degree, said to me, "Your car breaks down in a very bad part of town at 1:00AM and as you walk down the sidewalk, two young black males approach you (I am white, btw.). You mean you wouldn't feel scared, because they are African-American?" I said, "Not if they are in police uniforms." Two young black guys in gang attire? Sure, heck two white guys sporting swastika tattoos, and I am going to get defensive, but two policeman who happen to be black? No, I'm going to stop them and ask for help. Some people cry, "RACISM!", when it is often just prudence.

Well sadly it works both ways. It was either Bill Cosby or Jesse Jackson who said when he see's a group of young black men walking towards him he crosses to the other side of the street but not as often if it was a group of white men.

Last edited:
Another holier-than-thou topic. I think people and children will appreciate diversity more if they actually get chances of interaction with people of different races, cultures and religion. Its advantage of living in multi cultural ad multi racial society but then even these societies have racist people . It vary from person to person and very much depend on their education/awareness level, upbringing, environment, nature and thought process. I actually hate it when people paint whole society/country as good or evil

I work in @Raja.Pakistani 's burger shop.. :p:

Yea I am not racist. I have got many Hindu/Christian/Jew guy working in my pizaa/burger, one pound fish shop whatever you call it :D

I actually forgot that i own a burger shop :P

:D i dont complaint even if you dont.

"I am at my strongest when I don’t need a nationality to cling to, when my identity is formed by my interests, passions and abilities". - Caroline Jaine.

Hey, isn't that my signature? :D

Another funny thread by the 7eleven guy @VCheng :D it's a very poorly written article by the way

pak army is best force .... nobody defeat our army

Been to UK many times, the current scenario is that whites are turning anti muslims, just bcz of 1 cunt anjem chawdhary and incidents like beheading of UK soldier lee rigby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom