What's new

Don't waste money on buying the Rafale. Boost Sukhoi-30MKI availability, and fast track the Tejas

What kind of journalism is this.. 40% of MKI Fleet is combat ready? What airforce has more than half its fleet in maintenance? Is he pulling numbers out of thin air? Isnt this the same guy who wanted to buy F35's instead? Where were these numbers then?
There no country in the World were 100% aircrafts are combat ready not even USA

There no country in the World were 100% aircrafts are combat ready not even USA

I hope you see the difference between 40% and 100%. Because stating the obvious is not what I am trying to do here.

I hope you see the difference between 40% and 100%. Because stating the obvious is not what I am trying to do here.
USA can use only a 1/10 of their fleet of F22 at any time, rest is around 50%. We call it attrition.

USA can use only a 1/10 of their fleet of F22 at any time, rest is around 50%. We call it attrition.

Could you provide where you got this information from? They were said to be grounded to the public due to oxygen sensors but were still doing sorties even before clearance. F22 might be their only frontline fighter that could have deployment in over 7 countries with 90% operational at a given time. Since I can not post where this information is. I will settle this issue by reading yours where it says that only 10% of F22's are operational at a given time.

Boy its mid of 2014 and yet we are seeing another maybe/maybe not MMRCA thread.

Really good piece of advice....Contract hasn't been signed for last 10 years and no rafales in next five years...IAF should probably invest in the flying elephant's as they are not in mood of inducting LCA tejas...And yes the french knows that indians would definetly mess up the rafale once the production starts at HAL ....

Really good piece of advice....Contract hasn't been signed for last 10 years and no rafales in next five years...IAF should probably invest in the flying elephant's as they are not in mood of inducting LCA tejas...And yes the french knows that indians would definetly mess up the rafale once the production starts at HAL ....

:blah: :blah:

Take your trolling elsewhere.

AMCA is nothing but dream seling at high level. we are not even capable of producing a decent engine for 3rd gen fighter plane.

I agree, China is in the same position too, even with the J-20 and J-31 we are still many years behind the Western countries and we haven't built a successful 5th generation jet-engine yet.

Even the Russians are struggling to develop PAK FA and they are much more advanced than India or China in the aviation industry.

Currently, only the USA has built fully operational and successful 5th generation jet-engines and even the British built the Rolls-Royce F136 5th generation jet-engine.

It is best for both India and China to continue working hard on their current projects and keep gaining more knowledge and experience. We will soon catch up.

Last edited:
I think Rafale is good only when comes with complete TOT other wise not worth it .which will help to fill up the gap and can be utilized in LCA.

Folks used to crib this cost angle against Mirage 2000s also. One Kargil and Mirages paid for themselves many time over in terms of soldier lives. Think about it

this hypocrite AS guy would nt have posted this kind of B.S article if india would have chosen F35 or any other american jet .

Only diverting people with these kind of useless article without even thinking the urgency of IAF depleting fighter strength & how dangerous it would be for our national security

By the way Rafale deal with complete ToT would help india to gain valuable experience which
they can utilize in their own future indigenoius projects

CHEERS

this hypocrite AS guy would nt have posted this kind of B.S article if india would have chosen F35 or any other american jet .

Only diverting people with these kind of useless article without even thinking the urgency of IAF depleting fighter strength & how dangerous it would be for our national security

By the way Rafale deal with complete ToT would help india to gain valuable experience which

CHEERS

Shant munna, shant. :fie:

CHEERS

Engine technology is never for sale at any price.

The other stuff that may be transferred, India can probably develop similar technology over the next decade anyway.

I agree, China is in the same position too, even with the J-20 and J-31 we are still many years behind the Western countries and we haven't built a successful 5th generation jet-engine yet.

Even the Russians are struggling to develop PAK FA and they are much more advanced than India or China in the aviation industry.

Currently, only the USA has built fully operational and successful 5th generation jet-engines and even the British built the Rolls-Royce F136 5th generation jet-engine.

It is best for both India and China to continue working hard on their current projects and keep gaining more knowledge and experience. We will soon catch up.

Where did you come up with this nonsense?

Russia is slightly ahead on engines, with China fast catching up, but China now leads on airframe, radar and other electronics.

Back
Top Bottom