What's new

Don’t Think There Was a Concept of India Till the British Gave it One : Saif Ali Khan

even greek writers stated ''chandragupta was in possession of entire india'' like plutarch and justin indicating maurya empire ruling entire india/ISC during that period.

regards

Saif talks about the "concept of India", not who ruled India.
Well concept of india was there since vedic period.
Actually, our ancestors didn't recorded proper history. That's why most of Indian history comes from invaders or orally transmitted religious poems.

even greek writers stated ''chandragupta was in possession of entire india'' like plutarch and justin indicating maurya empire ruling entire india/ISC during that period.

regards
Greek writer wouldn't have visited complete India due to logistics. If chandrgupta had control over whole India, why was Ashok fighting in Kalinga war?
India was never under one empire before British

Well concept of india was there since vedic period.
Actually, our ancestors didn't recorded proper history. That's why most of Indian history comes from invaders or orally transmitted religious poems.

Same is partially true with the Roman empire or Europe for that matter as there was no Wikipedia back then. The concept *

Sure, Timur was great. "Scholars estimate that his military campaigns caused the deaths of 17 million people, amounting to about 5% of the world population at the time."

In his autobiography, Timur has stated, "My object in the invasion of Hindustan is to lead an expedition against the infidels, to convert them to the true faith of Islam and purify the land itself from the filth, infidelity and polytheism.”

So you cry that ISIS doesn't represent Islam but support Timur (a foreign invader with no relation to Pakistan. In fact, he conquered your own Multan and slaughtered peole over there as well).

Of course, Ashoka is no saint but even the fact that he totally renounced violence is creditable. You can't say the same for Timur.

Timur killed for Islam. Ashoka killed for his personal power.

Hence Timur never felt any guilt like Ashoka.

India was always considered a region the same way Baltic, Balkan, Caucasus, Khorasan or even Europe -Africa was. America is a region where USA is one of the countries. Similarly, Indian Union is a country established by the British colonists in the Himalayan subcontinent.
One Indian nation never existed as much as Hitler's one Aryan nation was a myth. Indo-Fascism have given rise to alternative realities where Indian Union has been the center of the universe since the big bang.

Greek writer wouldn't have visited complete India due to logistics. If chandrgupta had control over whole India, why was Ashok fighting in Kalinga war?
India was never under one empire before British

most probably rebellion, the kharavela inscription itself proves that the nandas and the mauryas ruled the region and after the collapse of magadh, he brought back the looted wealth of kalinga.

In the 12th year of his reign, he attacked the king of Uttarapatha. Then brought back the holy idols of Kalinga's Jain Gods (The Blessed Tirthankars) which earlier Magadha rulers had carried away with them after Kalinga War in Past. Tirthankar’s idol was brought back with its crown and endowment and the jewels plundered by king Nanda from the Kalinga royal palace, along with the treasures of Anga and Magadha were regained.

regards

India was always considered a region the same way Baltic, Balkan, Caucasus, Khorasan or even Europe -Africa was. America is a region where USA is one of the countries. Similarly, Indian Union is a country established by the British colonists in the Himalayan subcontinent.
One Indian nation never existed as much as Hitler's one Aryan nation was a myth. Indo-Fascism have given rise to alternative realities where Indian Union has been the center of the universe since the big bang.
BEST ANSWER so far

that is why the terminologies always carry geopolitical meanings, i-e both geographical and political, can you please find references to ''balkan'', ''baltic'' in the early centuries AD.

for your info the british raj included myanmar, srilanka as well so why did they not form part of india if the ritish raj defined modern day india today?

regards

As as been pointed out, Saif's thinking mirror those of the pakistanis in pdf.
What about non-Pakistanis who share this realistic concept that the nation state of Hindustan is an imperial British construct and "India" was simply noted as a geographical region previously in historical accounts? Why did mini-states within the land of India constantly war with and disintegrate each other, regardless of religious affiliation, if the Hindutva narrative of an ancient Hindu nation across the whole subcontinent holds true?

Did maratha Hindus not war against Bengali Hindus? Did they ever pause and think they were engaged in a civil war hence they should desist in killing their brothers? For crying out loud, modern India exhibits these regional variances right in front of your eyes - linguistic, cultural, culinary, genetic, different deities within Hinduism - it's all there in front of you.

India is an artificial construct, held together loosely. If Muslims vanished tomorrow, you ignoramuses would be rioting against each other while Modi stands in The middle exclaiming "you're all my brothers so don't fight each other please" only to be laughed at by some assamese or Punjabi wondering why this fat guji is telling them what to do. Muslims/mughals/Pakistanis provide the bogeyman that ironically holds this disjointed nation together against its will. We all remember the fatal riots and murders over workers from parts of India daring to migrate to other parts of India, regardless of religion.

And you're sitting here on pdf telling us India is some eternal fourth Reich of a pure nation state?

bhaktssssssssssssssssssssss
bucket

If anyone who questions RSS sponsored narratives on Indian history can be labelled as "Pakistani", then a whole bunch of white folks are Pakistani by definition, starting with Christine Fair - she religiously denies article 476.86a of Hindutva eternal Vedic history that states "f-16 was downed in Feb 2019 by the spear of Lord Nandu after emerging from his hidden most lofty position behind the greying cloud of infinite chakra concealment".

Please supply both Christine Fair and Saif Ali Khan with their NICOP cards post haste.

Saif, in an interview, said, “I don’t think there was a concept of India till perhaps the British gave it one.”
Mumbai| Actor Saif Ali Khan is currently enjoying the success of his recent film ‘Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior’. While his movie is all set to cross 150 crore mark, he sparked controversy with his comment in an interview. In a clip that outraged netizens, Saif can be seen saying in reference to Tanhaji, “I don’t think this is history.” The actor further added, “I don’t think there was a concept of India till the British gave it one.”

After Saif’s comment, he is being trolled on the internet. Taimur, his son’s name started trending on social media after the video surfaced on the internet.

Talking about politics around Tanhaji and how he didn’t oppose distortion of history in the film, Saif added, “For some reason I didn’t take a stand. Maybe next time I would. I was very excited to play the role because it’s a delicious role. But when people say this is history, I don’t think this is history. I am quite aware of what the history was.”

He went on to say, “I don’t think there was a concept of India till perhaps the British gave it one. I don’t think there is really any constructive point in arguing about loudly, provided you yourself know why you’re doing it.”

Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri reacted to Saif’s statement by addressing him as a ‘duffer student’.

https://hwnews.in/news/politics/sai...nk-concept-india-till-british-gave-one/123660

Brave man speaking the truth.

He should come to Pakistan, we should give him a larger microphone and freedom to say as he feels.

I also wish Dr. Zakir Naik would come here too, we can work together to reveal this fascist regime.

regards
plutarch baba chalees chor aur is jaisi doosri kahaanian.

According to
Brave man speaking the truth.

He should come to Pakistan, we should give him a larger microphone and freedom to say as he feels.

I also wish Dr. Zakir Naik would come here too, we can work together to reveal this fascist regime.
For obvious reasons we must promote the non-muslim Indians to come up with the dark sides of this fascist regime. The world should know that an ideology has become a monster in their cost-cutting sweatshops. We must promote non-muslim Indian dissidents.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom