What's new

Don't buy Caracal pistols | Catastrophic failures being reported.

No there were not.

You can check the full history on the caracal thread on pakguns.

The confusion arises as the first Compact C model recall was due to a potential drop safety. As is often the case, this recall for the drop safety modification was embellished and rumors spread amongst pak gun users that this was a slide failure (you can see the confusion on the pakguns threads where people were referring to a non-existent "L" series caracal).

The one and only slide failure which led to a metallurgical analysis (good work on behalf of pakguns mods) of the slide was the incident listed with the pics in the opening post of this thread.

First Incident
Catastrophic Failure, ALL CARACAL OWNERS PLEASE READ AND BE SAFE

Second Incident
Catastrophic CARACAL Failure; IInd reported incident

Both Slide breaks. Check Dates. Metal was proven to be inconsistent before the second incident happened. Nothing to do with drop tests. Please do not fester wrong and incorrect information here.

Both Slide breaks. Check Dates. Metal was proven to be inconsistent before the second incident happened. Nothing to do with drop tests.

Thanks for the links, you were right, I was wrong.

Please do not fester wrong and incorrect information here.

That has never been my intention. If anyone brings me a reliable enough source, as you did, then I will accept it and move on.

I remember a certain delusional Jordani member who used to brag about UAE Arms Industry... a lot!

I remember a certain delusional Jordani member who used to brag about UAE Arms Industry... a lot!

Issues do arise, but doesnt mean the UAE industry is crap, even though it employs foreigners extensively :P

Issues do arise, but doesnt mean the UAE industry is crap, even though it employs foreigners extensively :P

I agree, I didn't meant to "crap on their efforts" but you have got to see them when they're at it ;) I'll mention you so you can see it for yourself :D

Well, pardon me if I don't prescribe to the Pakistani tradition of conspiracy.

As I said, the current batch of CP660 is exactly the same.

That tells us that the underlying materials and design are not unsafe.

What the FULL recall suggests is that caracal did not have their quality control in order with the first model.

What's your definition of hot rounds?

As I said, my texan uncle carries 124gr +P ammo and according to the following sites, + P ammo is fine:

GUNS Magazine May 2012 Digital Edition - Page 34

Average Joe's Handgun Reviews: Caracal 9mm Compact

CARACAL F 9mm Pistol – Range Day 1001-2500 Rounds | Modern Service Weapons

American Rifleman - Caracal F 9 mm Pistol

Another internet commando...

Caracal has been in the focus for many catastrophic failures. In a recent incident a Pakistan gentleman was injured.

'I am a lawyer by profession & gun enthusiast.I bought caracal C last week and tried to shoot first time & almost got killed.my fourth shot resulted in breaking the barrel & hitting me in the head and below the eye.I was unconscious for a while & then woke up with big injuries.I did some research & found out this forum is also presenting victims of Caracal C .'

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Credits - our friends at pakguns.com

Pakistan should ban any imports of Arms and POF should do JV with Germany to produce each and every type of weapons even for hunting and other purposes...

Another internet commando...
lol, commando.

what is the use of bringing a few links from those not happy with the recall?

Can you name me a firearm manufacturer that has never had a recall?

Taurus pistols, which I know are popular in Pak just recalled an entire batch that they had delivered to the Brazilian police.

In addition to the caracal recall for which a full refund has been received, my uncle is awaiting the return of 9mm xds pistol:

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

lol, commando.

what is the use of bringing a few links from those not happy with the recall?

Can you name me a firearm manufacturer that has never had a recall?

Taurus pistols, which I know are popular in Pak just recalled an entire batch that they had delivered to the Brazilian police.

In addition to the caracal recall for which a full refund has been received, my uncle is awaiting the return of 9mm xds pistol:

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

Did you just compare Caracal to Springfield armory... GTFO of this thread please!

Did you just compare Caracal to Springfield armory

Your english comprehension is poor and coupled with your foul language and bad grammar,

GTFO of this thread please

suggests to me that you should heed your own advice and take a class in english for beginners.

(In case you didn't pick up on it, you should have used 'off' rather than 'of'.)

Your english comprehension is poor and coupled with your foul language and bad grammar,suggests to me that you should heed your own advice and take a class in english for beginners.

Oh dear taking English lessons from a random on the internet how very cute, chirp on little bird. Now if you would like to run off and play and leave the people who actually use guns to discuss the matter, that would be great. Considering you are in the UK and we all know that gun laws in the UK...

Thanks for stopping by Mr. Console Crusader, keep up the rants I do find them entertaining. Especially when a prepubescent little cry baby comes online and decides to talk big.

As you British say... Keep calm and carry on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom