What's new

Don't buy Caracal pistols | Catastrophic failures being reported.

You insulted forum users' intellect and were being misleading.

As Einstein said, nationalism is an infantile disease. Insult until your heart is content.

I didn't insult anyone, if you felt insulted that be the fault of your intellect and your intellect alone. You can always choose not to post.

I think it really depends on where the particular gun is manufactured the Caracal. Caracal is made primarily by UAE but also have a manufacturer in Suhl, Germany. Was this caracal a UAE manufactures one or Darra made? I doubt this one is German made.

Besides never go cheap on guns, never.

Hi,

Yessir---and wear glasses while shooting.

Not sure but could be higher case pressure due to a hot load, I had read that these caracal pistols went through some rigorous testing regime,but then one needs to remember that early berreta m9'/91Fs also had slides blowing up due to high case pressure loads.

Pakistani firearm's enthusiast's should seriously look at the turkish made steel frame CZ75 clones. Can't get more reliable than that

Hot loaded ammo destroy the barrel. In both cases it was the frame that shattered while the barrel remain intact and unbent.

Hot loaded ammo destroy the barrel. In both cases it was the frame that shattered while the barrel remain intact and unbent.
Nopes, in Pistols the reactive force of the high case pressure can overcome slide lock notch or hammer pin and blow the slide back, sometimes even shearing off the slide, similar has been documented in early berreta 91f

Nopes, in Pistols the reactive force of the high case pressure can overcome slide lock notch or hammer pin and blow the slide back, sometimes even shearing off the slide, similar has been documented in early berreta 91f

That does make sense and is somewhat the line that caracal took. That was till the results from metallurgy tests done on the pistol by the victim. The ammo used in question was not self loaded or in any way tampered with. Caracal flew them to Dubai and after discussing the tests and doing their own threw out a blanket recall on their C.

That does make sense and is somewhat the line that caracal took. That was till the results from metallurgy tests done on the pistol by the victim. Caracal flew them to Dubai and after discussing the tests and doing their own threw out a blanket recall on their C.
what doesn't make sense? actually can you explain how excess case pressure will damage the barell???

what doesn't make sense? actually can you explain how excess case pressure will damage the barell???

I said it did make sense, the barrel being forged steel block of small size will let pressure out on the openings instead of blowing up. But there is no way that the barrel will not take a beating even in that case. That beating is measured if a hot round exploded inside the barrel. Thats what was researched by the metallurgist. They found the slide did fail due to cracks and inconsistent alloy density. The full case can be viewed on the pakguns forum. I could find it and send you the link.

I said it did make sense, the barrel being forged steel block of small size will let pressure out on the openings instead of blowing up. But for Caracal I have given you what transpired.
my bad... apologies!!!

Caracal Model C Pistol Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013
for batch numbers from SC 188- to SC 222.

Caracal is now issuing this recall of all Model C pistols in all markets, following the completion of a full investigation.
Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL.
Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned.

Caracal will provide you with a full refund of the purchase price of your Caracal Model C pistol or vouchers for other Caracal products.

Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistol’s must be returned for refund.

Step 1
–Please contact customer care in accordance with the below details and provide your name, address, telephone number and details of your purchase.

For USA Customers
Contact us at +205-655-7050 or info@caracal-usa.com
For International Customers Additional numbers will be published shortly; however please contact us on recall@caracal.ae in the interim.

If you have sold or transferred your Caracal Model C pistol to any other person, we ask you to please contact us in any event and provide us with the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold any Model C Pistol so that we may also notify that person of this recall.

Step 2
– Customer care will contact you to arrange for a refund in accordance with the above.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Thank you.
Caracal International LLC

what both cases?

there has only been one reported instance of slide failure on caracal pistols.

There are two reported cases in Pakistan. The one pictured in this thread is the second case. The main one where tests and persecution of this pistol started way before this one.

There are two reported cases in Pakistan.

No there were not.

You can check the full history on the caracal thread on pakguns.

The confusion arises as the first Compact C model recall was due to a potential drop safety. As is often the case, this recall for the drop safety modification was embellished and rumors spread amongst pak gun users that this was a slide failure (you can see the confusion on the pakguns threads where people were referring to a non-existent "L" series caracal).

The one and only slide failure which led to a metallurgical analysis (good work on behalf of pakguns mods) of the slide was the incident listed with the pics in the opening post of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom