What's new

Don't buy Caracal pistols | Catastrophic failures being reported.

Please read this, regarding the recall......
BREAKING: ALL Caracal “C” Pistols Permanently Recalled – No Fix Available

If you have provided the link, it is not working.

I used a friend's Caracal F and I found it to be a pretty decent offering, its lightweight and quite accurate to boot. The Model C has been subject to a global recall, they've advised against using the pistol under any circumstance, I fail to understand why the gentleman decided to use his. Might be due to a lack of research, which is always important when buying a pistol. Not only is it a significant investment but also one which might see you through a life threatening event, or multiple if you join law enforcement.

This only tells you that you should only buy fire arms from well known brands if your life is dear. He could have lost an eye or worse.

Caracal has been in the focus for many catastrophic failures

No it hasn't.

There have been two failures.

The first one occurred was a possible drop safety failure.

This (the one you've pictured from pakguns) was the second one where flaws were found in the slide material of a small batch. As a precaution however, the initial recall of just C pistols was extended to the F pistols too.

That's two documented failures. How can you categorise two as "many".

Anyways Caracal cannot handle HOT NATO rounds

Erm, yes it can. My uncle (in Texas) still has his F model and uses +P ammo.

If you pay peanuts

Not sure what the prices are in Pakistan but they were available in the US for $450-$500. That's about mid range for a 9mm and certainly not on the cheap side.

Besides, if they were so dangerous and flawed, why has the caracal kept the same design and material for its cp660 line up?

All they've done is alter the sights, slide serrations and the grips.

The only area I can criticise caracal is in their customer support. It took multiple emails and calls for my uncle to get a refund on his c model.

No it hasn't.

There have been two failures.

The first one occurred was a possible drop safety failure.

This (the one you've pictured from pakguns) was the second one where flaws were found in the slide material of a small batch. As a precaution however, the initial recall of just C pistols was extended to the F pistols too.

Not sure what the prices are in Pakistan but they were available in the US for $450-$500. That's about mid range for a 9mm and certainly not on the cheap side.

Besides, if they were so dangerous and flawed, why has the caracal kept the same design and material for its cp660 line up?

All they've done is alter the sights, slide serrations and the grips.

The only area I can criticise caracal is in their customer support. It took multiple emails and calls for my uncle to get a refund on his c model.

Caracal C has been an utter failure. They have been recalled.

BROKEN: Caracal Recalls All C Pistols (No Fix Available) | The Truth About Guns

Caracal C has been an utter failure. They have been recalled.

I'm aware of that.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that you were incorrect and downright hyperbolic.

I would expect a moderator to have standards.

I'm aware of that.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that you were incorrect and downright hyperbolic.

I would expect a moderator to have standards.

It wasn't hyperbolic, its just how you interpret it which is not my fault. Caracal C had been an utter disappointed and an utter failure...PERIOD!

Again, considering the 1000s of pistols sold and two documented failures, how is your statement quantifying and describing the failures as 'many' not exaggeration?

So just because 2 failures have been documented, it lead you to believe that they were the only ones?
This has to be the first time when a company recalled an entire produce just because of as you put it '2 documented failures'?

No it hasn't.

That's 2 too many failures, and Caracal arent rated for hot rounds :)

So just because 2 failures have been documented, it lead you to believe that they were the only ones?

Well, pardon me if I don't prescribe to the Pakistani tradition of conspiracy.

This has to be the first time when a company recalled an entire produce just because of as you put it '2 documented failures'

As I said, the current batch of CP660 is exactly the same.

That tells us that the underlying materials and design are not unsafe.

What the FULL recall suggests is that caracal did not have their quality control in order with the first model.

and Caracal arent rated for hot rounds

What's your definition of hot rounds?

As I said, my texan uncle carries 124gr +P ammo and according to the following sites, + P ammo is fine:

GUNS Magazine May 2012 Digital Edition - Page 34

Average Joe's Handgun Reviews: Caracal 9mm Compact

CARACAL F 9mm Pistol – Range Day 1001-2500 Rounds | Modern Service Weapons

American Rifleman - Caracal F 9 mm Pistol

Well, pardon me if I don't prescribe to the Pakistani tradition of conspiracy.

I find your post highly inappropriate and insulting.

As I said, the current batch of CP660 is exactly the same.

That tells us that the underlying materials and design are not unsafe.

What the FULL recall suggests is that caracal did not have their quality control in order with the first model.

Which makes it a FAILURE!

Which makes it a FAILURE

The very same gun is just about to be shipped out to the international gun market. If in 12 months time caracal have shut down their pistol line up, you can come back and tell me so.

I find your post highly inappropriate and insulting

The same can be said for your blatant use of hyperbole.

The very same gun is just about to be shipped out to the international gun market. If in 12 months time caracal have shut down their pistol line up, you can come back and tell me so.

Only market reception will decide its fate.

The same can be said for your blatant use of hyperbole.

It didn't involve insulting your nationality. That's way below belt for the type of education i have received. They don't teach us a 'Conspiracy theory studies' modules here btw...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom