What's new

Domestic & Social Crimes [Mob/ Vigilante justice] Thread

Commonly known Pakistanis arrested abroad.
Sabir Shah
Thursday, November 03, 2011

LAHORE: While 7,000 Pakistanis currently languishing in foreign jails were famous prior to their arrests, a few gained notoriety after they were apprehended on accusations ranging from immigration-related offences and terrorism to murder, attempted murder and possession of weapons to kill etc.

It is common knowledge that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gave the details about the 7,000 Pakistanis imprisoned abroad to the Supreme Court of Pakistan in March 2010.

Commonly known people like classical singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Ajmal Kasab, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, Mir Aimal Kasi, hijacker Salamullah Tipu and Amir Cheema etc are among the thousands of Pakistanis held, prosecuted and jailed abroad during the last few decades.

Here follow some brief details about these jailed Pakistanis, most of whom have surely brought a bad name to the country due to their misdeeds: Pakistani Singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was arrested at Delhi Airport on February 13, 2011 for possessing 124,000 US dollars, higher than the permissible limits. The Delhi Airport police officials interrogated him. On February 14, 2011 Rahat was released after having remained in detention for over 25 hours.

Highly placed Pakistani authorities like Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, Interior Minister Rehman Malik and the country’s High Commissioner to New Delhi Shahid Malik were on record to have actually urged India for the singer’s release.

(References: Geo TV and NDTV India)

Ajmal Amir Kasab was arrested in India for his alleged involvement in the November 26, 2008 Mumbai attacks that had claimed 166 lives. He was the only attacker captured alive by the Mumbai police after the incident. The government of Pakistan, after having initially denied that Kasab was a Pakistani, had officially acknowledged in January 2009 that the alleged terrorist was a resident of Faridkot village in West Punjab.:azn:

It is imperative to recall that the then National Security Advisor of Pakistan, Mahmood Ali Durrani, had publicly admitted that Kasab was a Pakistani citizen, but this statement on an Indian television channel had cost him his job as Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani had instantly fired Durrani for “lack of coordination on matters of national security.”:lol: :lol:

On May 3, 2010 an Indian court had convicted Kasab of murder, waging war on India and possessing explosives etc. And just three days later, the same trial court had sentenced him to death on four counts and to a life sentence on five other counts.

Kasab has been sentenced to death for attacking Mumbai and killing 166 people on November 26, 2008 along with nine other Pakistani terrorists. Overall, he was found guilty of 80 offences. The Bombay High Court upheld Kasab’s death sentence on February 21, 2011.

On July 30, 2011 Kasab had moved the Supreme Court of India, challenging his conviction and sentence in this case. The Apex Indian court had stayed the Bombay High Court orders and had started hearing the plea.

Dr. Aafia Siddiqui (born 1972) is an American-educated Pakistani neuroscientist, who was convicted because of her alleged intention to murder her US interrogators in Afghanistan. She is known to have been arrested in July 2008 in Afghanistan. After receiving medical treatment for her wounds at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, a severely injured Aafia was then flown to the US to be charged in New York with attempted murder and armed assault on US officers. She was charged on July 31, 2008, convicted in February 2010 and in September 2010 a United States court sentenced her to 86 years in prison.

(References: The Boston Globe, The Associated Press, The New York Times, The Washington Post etc)

Mir Aimal Kasi, a Pakistani allegedly involved in the January 25, 1993 shooting at CIA Headquarters in Virginia (US), was arrested on June 15, 1997 from a Dera Ghazi Khan Hotel by a team of FBI agents and Pakistani security agencies. In the afore-mentioned CIA shooting incident, Kasi had reportedly killed two CIA employees and wounded another three before escaping to Pakistan. He was flown to the US on June 17, 1997. A Virginia state court tried Kasi in November 1997. On February 4, 1998 he was sentenced to death, besides being sentenced to life imprisonment in the same case and fined $0.6 million.

Kasi was finally executed by a lethal injection on November 14, 2002 and his body was repatriated to Pakistan.:tup:

(References: FBI archives and The Washington Post etc)

Salamullah Tipu, a Pakistani leftist student leader at the University of Karachi and a prominent member of late Murtaza Bhutto’s guerilla outfit “Al-Zulfikar,” had hijacked a Peshawar-bound PIA plane from Karachi in March 1981. The plane was first diverted to Kabul and was then flown to Damascus. However, 29 hostages were released in Kabul.

The purpose behind the hijacking was to avenge Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s execution by General Ziaul Haq in 1979 and get 92 political prisoners released. General Zia had initially refused to bow to the demands of Tipu and his two accomplices, but had later agreed to release 52 prisoners on the demand of the hijackers.

Tipu then shot dead a diplomat, Tariq Rahim, whom he had mistakenly believed to be the son of General Rahimuddin Khan, the then-martial law administrator and a key aide of General Zia.

Tariq’s body was lefty on the tarmac.

Tipu was arrested in Kabul in 1984 and was eventually executed the same year for murdering an Afghan national. His body was never returned to Pakistan.

(References: BBC report of October 3, 2001 and various Pakistani media outlets between 1981 and 1984)

Amir Abdur Rehman Cheema (1978—2006) was 28-year-old Pakistani textile engineering student in Germany. He was infuriated over the re-publication of blasphemous cartoons (originally printed in a Danish media outlet) in a German newspaper.

The young man, hailing from the city of Wazirabad, had reportedly entered the German newspaper’s offices on March 20, 2006 to murder the paper’s Editor, Roger Koppel. He was arrested on the sport by the security guards.

On May 3, 2006 while he was still awaiting trial in German police custody, he had reportedly committed suicide in his jail cell.

A motion was tabled in the National Assembly of Pakistan to discuss the circumstances leading to Amir Cheema’s death. The post-mortem examination, carried out in the presence of two Pakistani officials in Germany, had found no signs of torture though. He was buried in his native town on May 13, 2006.

(References: Al-Jazeera TV, Daily Scotsman, BBC and top German weekly magazine Der Spiegel etc)

I am impressed: the matter was handled assertively yet with delicacy and tact. I especially like the fact that the ahmedi family never knew who their benefactors were.

That is not very different from the attitudes between faiths in the West.

That canb be both good and bad. Do you think a worthy project would be the formal integration of tribal and state laws? I do. Some of what I didn't understand in Jewish Law becomes clearer when talking to Pakistanis...one of the functions of Torah law was to combine the two together into a whole where all Twelve Tribes could work together as a nation. The idea was so new Jews must have been as puzzled then as I am now, looking through the opposite end of the telescope...

The matter is complicated as you mentioned in your comment......And you mentioned about Torah trying to integrate new laws with older tribal traditions,same was the position of Islam,it allowed some tribal traditions,and left people to have their own discretion about it...In my opinion Uniting children of Israel has always been tricky (No offense meant here)..and the state of Israel has done this one thing by just being there..It has United Jews from all around the world.
In Pakistan (well the part of the world which is now Pakistan) Most tribes converted to Islam in the 7th century AD..Back then they conveniently carried on the part of tribal traditions which loosely coincided with teachings of Islam,and still continues.....and it can be good thing and a bad thing..Good thing because many matters and disputes are solved among people using old tribal traditions without involving the Police and court system,which puts less strain on Police and justice system resources..I still remember when as a young man in my teens i was looking after my father's house construction...A neighbor was doing the same,as in building his house on an adjacent piece of land and his inconsiderate digging caused demolition of a large portion of our house...Now this matter could have gone to the court and both parties had engaged in a lengthy expensive legal battle for years..But "Jirgaa" was called and the matter was resolved in a few hours,and we managed to remain good neighbors,which wouldn't have been possible in the case of following law of the land and involving the Establishment,as we would have ended up having grievances against each other.
But in the case of women rights the same thing can be bad..Extreme suppression of women and in some cases Honor killing is an age old tribal tradition.I dont need to elaborate on this,as its been discussed here multiple times.
About minorities and tribal traditions..You may be aware of the Bugti tribe of Baluchistan...Part of this tribe is up in arms at the moment in the form of terrorist organization BLA They happily kill Muslims but there are many Sikhs in their tribe who never have problems for being non Muslims,as their tribal and linguistic links with the locals outweighs their being "infidels" and while me as a Muslim will be frowned upon living in a Bugti village and will be treated as an outsider and may face persecution..The sikhs of Bugti tribe wont have any problem...
So there you go..it is complicated..
My personal opinion is that YES,we should move on and law of the land should be the standard for everyone..Not the tribal tradition..

Those who believe in kadianee/Ahmedia are not muslim . they can live happily any where but condition is they should refrain themselves think as Muslim.
The Ahmedis are amongst the best and brightest Muslims ; The prestige and good name of Islam carried out in the world is on a large part, due to Ahmadis. Sunni Muslims have shown enough bigotry and radicalism by their acts, and i believe that the only compensation to that is by allowing the influence of Ahmadis to spread. Any version of Islam that says Muhammad is the final prophet is a regressive version of theocracy.

The Ahmedis are amongst the best and brightest Muslims ; The prestige and good name of Islam carried out in the world is on a large part, due to Ahmadis. Sunni Muslims have shown enough bigotry and radicalism by their acts, and i believe that the only compensation to that is by allowing the influence of Ahmadis to spread. Any version of Islam that says Muhammad is the final prophet is a regressive version of theocracy.

No no...you dont understand..
For being a Muslim you need to have few basic beliefs....The most important are Belief in Allah and Belief in Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)..Ahmedis dont have belief in Prophet Muhammed (PBUH),so technically they dont fit the bill.

worst thing ever created by man is "religion" its the moot point for all fools to fight and die for.

Huh.. You are contradicting yourself in line 1. Do you respect ahmadi thoughts if you want to preach to ahmadi to become a Sunni / Shia? Do you respect their view that there was another prophet?
If you had a grip on all religions then you would not be areligious person. Way what a quote
gentleman for preaching one thing is that you have to respect other thoughts but ahmedis and quadians start with neglecting the prophecy......... so conflicts start from the very beginning............... and this is not a religious forum so i can't comment or argue ........ otherwise i have enough grip on cristianity....hinduism..... to convert someone knowledgeable and rational person....... but as i said it is not a place to talk on such topics........ and plz refrain from commenting on such topics that you don't understand .......

regards
Azhar

No no...you dont understand..
For being a Muslim you need to have few basic beliefs....The most important are Belief in Allah and Belief in Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)..Ahmedis dont have belief in Prophet Muhammed (PBUH),so technically they dont fit the bill.
A car has 4 doors 4 wheels steering engine and goes from place a to place b.
Now if I put only 2 doors instead of 4 then you still call it a car but classify it as coupe.
Similarly ahmadis believe in Allah and Mohammad as it's prophet. But the only difference is they say there can be others after. So for this difference you can't stop calling them Muslims. Ahmadis can always say that Sunnis are not Muslims because Sunnis don't believe in ahmadi version. Correct?

A car has 4 doors 4 wheels steering engine and goes from place a to place b.
Now if I put only 2 doors instead of 4 then you still call it a car but classify it as coupe.
Similarly ahmadis believe in Allah and Mohammad as it's prophet. But the only difference is they say there can be others after. So for this difference you can't stop calling them Muslims. Ahmadis can always say that Sunnis are not Muslims because Sunnis don't believe in ahmadi version. Correct?
Lame at theology? are we? :cheesy:
This is the lamest analogy ever...

worst thing ever created by man is "religion" its the moot point for all fools to fight and die for.

I respect your view but check this out
the biggest murderers of Modren time like Hiter, Stalin Sadam etc were all Atheists and unbelviers (you might point out towards sadams' praying picture but that was a sham as he and his party was as godless as you can get)

Huh.. You are contradicting yourself in line 1. Do you respect ahmadi thoughts if you want to preach to ahmadi to become a Sunni / Shia? Do you respect their view that there was another prophet?
If you had a grip on all religions then you would not be areligious person. Way what a quote

gentleman first i was refraining my self to be grabbed into such discussion but for your little info

1- first we muslims believe in One God that is ALLAHA (SWT) and believe that Muhammad(PBUH) is last prophet and messenger.....and we follow his teaching which are same since form Hazrat Adam and hazrat Hawa(eve).............. and we believe in all 4 books , angels , Other Prophecies, and day of judgment.

now to become a muslim you have to accept all of these, in these, core things that are believe in Allaha (SWT) and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)...... now if you miss any of point then your faith is incomplete so you cant be said as muslim simple logic for a non muslim like you..........

let me give you an example if i pray five time a day in mosque and don't worship idols and only believe in Allaha(SWT) and Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) then after this i come to you and say ........ i am hindu.......you will punch me on my face......and will say "don't make me fool....... you don't believe what i believe and my religion teachings........so shut up".......... i know that this will be the result so now if any ordinary hindu or even pandit won't accept me as hindu worshiper because i dont believe what their teaching believe so why we muslims will allow someone who negates what we believe...... and you know if you are not ignorrant that all the maor religion are basically based on books( because the core principles are written in it ).....in our case it is HOLY Quran.............if any one .......let me negate your spirtual books teachings and yet claim that i am truth.......

WOULD YOU ALLOW ME AS A FOLLOWER OF HINDU RELIGION?

Answer is BIG NO............

Same is the Case With US

Basically Qadianis and Ahmedies negates basic principles of Islamic Teachings....... SO WE WON"T ALLOW SOME ONE TO USE MUSLIM TERM if someone don't believe what Quran Says............

IF you have ever spent some time on Comparitive Religion Studies You would know the logic .......... i have tried hard to make it simple ....... i will request all persons to try to understand and then respond...... if you can't take it .........then plz leave it.......................

thats from my side................ if any question plz Ask................but with the intention for knowledge.......not mocking........

Regards

Azhar

Schoolyard violence turns ugly: Classmate, teacher beat 7th-grader to death

5z2sfk.jpg

The teacher and the student abused and slapped him in the presence of a number of other students, to ‘teach him a lesson’ over the complaint made to the headmaster.

FAISALABAD: Schoolyard bullying proved fatal in a government school near Faisalabad with the brutal murder of a seventh-grade student on Friday.

Muhammad Ahsan was beaten to death allegedly by a classmate and his uncle, who also happened to be the physical training instructor of Government High School in Chiniot district.

District Police Officer (DPO) Chiniot Shehzad Akbar confirmed the incident, identifying the culprits as Ahsan’s class fellow Muhammad Rizwan and teacher Zafar Ahmed.

Friday’s incident was not the first: Ahsan had been preyed upon before by Rizwan and Zafar – but the last of these incidents proved fatal, according to a complaint lodged by Ahsan’s father Muhammad Sarfraz, a resident of resident of Chak No147-JB.

According to Sarfraz, his son was a bright student and was admired by his fellow students and teachers. He added that, out of envy, Rizwan, who belongs to the same village as them, repeatedly tortured Ahsan, in connivance with his uncle, who was part of the school’s faculty.

Zafar would often reprimand and bully Ahsan on arbitrary pretexts during drill exercise periods, Sarfraz alleged.

He further complained that they had informed the headmaster of the school as well as the class in-charge of the PT teacher’s inappropriate attitude, yet no action was taken.

Instead, Ahsan faced intensified confrontation once Zafar and Rizwan learnt of the complaint.

Ironically, this increased bullying ultimately led to Ahsan’s death.

The details, as narrated by Ahsan’s father, are heart-wrenching.

Sarfraz alleged that Rizwan intercepted Ahsan at noon on Friday and abused and slapped him in the presence of a number of other students, to ‘teach him a lesson’ over the complaint made to the headmaster. Zafar, it is claimed, joined in on the beating, and the two are alleged to have punched and kicked Ahsan even after he had fallen unconscious.

Meanwhile, DPO Akbar said, Sarfraz arrived at the school on Friday to inform the headmaster about the latest incidents against his son, only to witness the incident.

When Sarfraz rushed to his son, he had already breathed his last.

The PT teacher told the headmaster and relatives of the deceased that the child died due to cardiac arrest.

Earlier reports suggested that Zafar had taken Ahsan to the hospital and escaped afterwards.

Classmate arrested

Rajoiya Sayeda police have registered a case under sections 302/34 of the Pakistan Penal Code against Rizwan and Zafar.

SHO Rajoiya Sayeda Khalid Rasheed told The Express Tribune that Rizwan has been arrested while the raids are being conducted to arrest Zafar, who is still at large.

The body has been sent to the District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital Chiniot for postmortem to determine the cause of death as well as nature of injuries, the SHO added.

A special team has been constituted to probe into Ahsan’s murder and determine the positions of the culprits who mercilessly tortured the schoolboy to death.

Villagers, family protest

Soon after the incident, hundreds of villagers and Ahsan’s relatives, carrying the deceased’s body, staged a demonstration and blocked the Faisalabad-Sargodha Road.

On the assurance of the police, the demonstrators dispersed peacefully.

(Read: Corporal punishment – Spare the rod, spoil the child?)

Schoolyard violence turns ugly: Classmate, teacher beat 7th-grader to death – The Express Tribune

Pakistan - Minority MPA protests banning Jesus Christ in text messages

Imtiaz Ali

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Pakistan People’s Party’s (PPP) minority MPA on Monday protested vociferously against the inclusion of Jesus Christ in a list of banned words by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and said it was an attempt to undermine religious freedom in the country.

Recently, the PTA issued a list of supposedly offensive or obscene words that cell phone users would not be allowed to use in text messages.

The inclusion of Jesus Christ in that list has infuriated many people from the Christian community.

Saleem Khurshid Khokhar, on a point of order, drew the attention of the provincial assembly towards the PTA’s list of banned words. He sat on the floor in front of the speaker of the house in protest and demanded that a resolution be presented to condemn this act. However, several ministers pacified him by assuring him that they would raise the issue with the federal government for action.

Khokhar said that the PTA’s act was a conspiracy against the government and Muslims. He recalled that when a Christian had torched the Holy Quran in the US, the Christian community in Pakistan protested against it. Now the PAT, by banning Jesus Christ from being texted, was acting against religious freedom in the country.

Law Minister Ayaz Soomro, Local Government Minister Agha Siraj Durrani, Archives Minister Rafiq Engineer, Power Minister Shazia Marri, Youth Affairs Minister Faisal Sabzwari and Deputy Speaker Shehla Raza assured the MPA that they would raise the issue with the federal government to rectify the situation. The ministers said that religious sentiments had been hurt by the PTA’s act and assured that they respected all religions. They also recalled the famous August 11, 1947 speech of Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah, in which he talked of equal treatment of minorities.

Speaker Nisar Ahmed Khuhro regretted the minority legislator’s behaviour and observed that there was no need to protest in such a manner.

The PPP minority MPA’s resolution, which was deferred for another day, reads: “The Sindh Assembly condemns the act of the PTA to block the sacred words of the Christian community ‘Jesus Christ’ and ‘Christ Jesus’. And recommends to the federal government to kindly take action and conduct an inquiry against the PTA and remove these words from the banned list.”

Minority MPA protests banning Jesus Christ in text messages

Is Khuda or Allah also on the list?

I mean saying "Jesus Christ" in America is often mild swearing ("invoking the lord's name in vain"), but there's plenty of legitimate reasons you would text "Jesus Christ".

Back
Top Bottom