What's new

Dog Fight Abilities/Maneuverability of....

Umair Nawaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
-JAS-39 Gripin C/D

-EF Typhoon.

-Mig 29

-F-16 C/D Block 50/52

-Su30s

-J-10B/J11B

-Su35

-Mirage 2000-5/9

Please discuss/Compare Dog Fight Abilities/Maneuverability of these fighters.

-JAS-39 Gripin C/D

-EF Typhoon.

-Mig 29

-F-16 C/D Block 50/52

-Su30s

-J-10B/J11B

-Su35

-Mirage 2000-5/9

what ?is this how you start a topic ? with out any details or inputs ?
besides these things if you like to know is all around this forum, just find it

-JAS-39 Gripin C/D

-EF Typhoon.

-Mig 29

-F-16 C/D Block 50/52

-Su30s

-J-10B/J11B

-Su35

-Mirage 2000-5/9

Only One type fighter with Pakistan, one with China & three type with INDIA

what ?is this how you start a topic ? with out any details or inputs ?
besides these things if you like to know is all around this forum, just find it

if u dont have anything substantial to contribute then keep your mouth shut n learn.

If i had knew the answers i wouldnt have asked this.

and i have already told in thread how to discuss this, ie Maneuverability.

Only One type fighter with Pakistan, one with China & three type with INDIA

in my opinion JAS-39 Gripin C and Euro fighter r best when it comes to Dog fights.

i am sorry, i don't know much about jets but shouldn't Rafale be better than at least Mig 29, or you just have to pick within the list.
Let's say theoretically if it was included, where would it stand??

Why do people still talk about "dog fights" and such....? it's the new era people, where almost all planned engagements are BVR. It's like doing a dance in front of a sniper sitting hundred yards away, you are bound to get a bullet in your head.

-JAS-39 Gripin C/D

-EF Typhoon.

-Mig 29

-F-16 C/D Block 50/52

-Su30s

-J-10B/J11B

-Su35

-Mirage 2000-5/9

All the jets mentioned above have good short range missiles with good offbore sight capability.

So I give then equal marks + 60-70% luck+ situation awareness + 30-40% pilot capability.

Why do people still talk about "dog fights" and such....? it's the new era people, where almost all planned engagements are BVR. It's like doing a dance in front of a sniper sitting hundred yards away, you are bound to get a bullet in your head.

Not allways, you have limited 'bullets' in BVR

i am sorry, i don't know much about jets but shouldn't Rafale be better than at least Mig 29, or you just have to pick within the list.
Let's say theoretically if it was included, where would it stand??

just compare the mentioned ones.

That is what u think.

The close range air combat still is the most effective way to achieve results.
With new and new ECM suits, Laser defence and new generations of flairs the BVR is not as effective as gunning down an A/C in dog fights.

u havnt been to JF-17 threads lately do u?

any basis of yr opinion?

i will pick mig 35

max speed: mach 2.35 (greater than su35)
Rate of climb: 330 m/s (greater than su35)
Service ceiling: 17,500 m (57,400 ft) (less than su35 -59,000ft)
Thrust/weight: 1.14 + thrust vectoring system (extremely capable maneuverability) (greater than su35)
combat radius :1000 km
hardpoints :9 (less than su35-14 hard points) does not need that much for dog fight because of advance weapons.

sorry do not agree, still dog fight remains because within few seconds fighter aircraft passes 400-500km. when there will be 1,500km air to air missile dog fight will end that time :)

i will pick mig 35

Thrust/weight: 1.14 + thrust vectoring system (extremely capable maneuverability) (greater than su35)
hardpoints :9 (less than su35-14 hard points) does not need that much for dog fight because of advance weapons.

sorry do not agree, still dog fight remains because within few seconds fighter aircraft passes 400-500km. when there will be 1,500km air to air missile dog fight will end that time :)

only compare the mentioned A/c.

Time is already upon us. The new stealth UCAV's, what are they if not BVR weapons. Only dog fighting that will be done in future will be by them. My friend, days of manned air combat are done with. Wait and see next "sample" war that the US will cook up, just to check it's mature stealth UCAV platforms...

i will pick mig 35

only compare the mentioned A/c.

oh sorry, did not see it.

su 35 is best in this case:-
max speed: mach 2.25
Rate of climb: 280 m/s
Service ceiling: 59,000ft
Thrust/weight: 1.13 + thrust vectoring system (extremely capable maneuverability)
hardpoints:14 hard points.

do not know other stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom