What's new

Does Turkish Navy need a LCAC(hovercraft)?

krølbååx

New Recruit

Reaction score
i dont know how hovercrafts have been effective in modern warfare to land on beaches and have limited uses in not so many navies, do you think the turkish navy needs one (like the russian zubr class*)?
*: hellenic navy has 4 of those, afaik.

krølbååx;4078018 said:
i dont know how hovercrafts have been effective in modern warfare to land on beaches and have limited uses in not so many navies, do you think the turkish navy needs one (like the russian zubr class*)?
*: hellenic navy has 4 of those

No , only Russians need it to deploy there troops from One side to other side over Siberia.

krølbååx;4078018 said:

NO, We definetly DON'T need that, more that 56 amphibious landing crafts are enough for 6,000 Turkish Marine Infantrymen, a marine artillery battalion and a marine armored battalion. I bet Greece doesn't have more than 15 LCA's&LCAC's.

krølbååx;4078018 said:

The Hovercraft project feasibility study was commenced in 2009. In accordance with referances taken from study, The project will be commenced After institute selection was made.

krølbååx;4078018 said:
Greeks canibalized half of their Zubr's. IMHO there is only 1 or 2 left in Greek Navy.

No , only Russians need it to deploy there troops from One side to other side over Siberia.
No, you are wrong. These kind of gadgets could be so useful in Aegean.
NO, We definetly DON'T need that, more that 56 amphibious landing crafts are enough for 6,000 Turkish Marine Infantrymen, a marine artillery battalion and a marine armored battalion. I bet Greece doesn't have more than 15 LCA's&LCAC's.
Greeks will never conduct landing operations first of all. They really don't need these kind of things. IMHO their landing capability is fine for a country who would do nothing but defense.
They are in a desperate need for utility helicopters, tough.

@mehmeTcc

For Taking some small Islands ?

We have Paratroopers & SAT Commandos for this Job ,much cheaper and more effective or in the future LHD´s , those Ships are not slow.

project-903-image1.jpg

Plane´s in the Air are faster and they can to drop Light Tanks etc. during they landed,they can take Strategic Points like a Runway and in the Future ,like the A400M ,Planes can land on today on the runways where is grass and sand ,in the Future maybe, we dont need this ,we have something like this :
US-Army-Chinook-4.jpg

I mean if the Hovercraft so much Important ,why has the USA or Russia that not in the Inventory ? Because it´s not that is better then a Ship or Plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
33hlw.jpg

Zubr Class Icac

image.php

We dont need that Zubr Class giants ( i wouldn't say no if we could get one like in the pic :) ) but at least small hovercrafts are required for large armies like TSK, both for military and civilian use, in civilian way they can be used against natural disasters like floods and time to time armed forces have to involve such events for aid and as militarily they can be useful for logistics purposes, thats why Logistics Command of TSK asked for hovercrafts for need. This is the news i found from 2 years earlier..

Source

Related video

No country with whome we could go to war has a swamp so i dont think we need those.

large hovercrafts like zubr has the advantage of directly landing on the beach. but then again, how much of an advantage is this in contrast to amphibious assault ship and its landing crafts? debatable.
also, more variety in materiel mean less standardization. so, there is that.
but it looks damn awesome :)

No country with whome we could go to war has a swamp so i dont think we need those.

Not only for swamps . If you go to war with greece it definitely won't hurt to have several of them to land on the islands.

krølbååx;4079620 said:
large hovercrafts like zubr has the advantage of directly landing on the beach. but then again, how much of an advantage is this in contrast to amphibious assault ship and its landing crafts? debatable.
also, more variety in materiel mean less standardization. so, there is that.
but it looks damn awesome :)

Large hovercraft also have the benefit that you can eqipe them with cruise missile so they can soften the enemy defenses before they land the troops

We have enough other equipment to do that.

Nothing can replace diversity . and for the situation hovercrafts are better than helicopters .

and @madmusti USA had hovercrafts and still have 74 of LCAC and Russia military was the largest user of hovercrafts and after the fall of USSR their fleet of hovercraft fall to disrepair like any other part of Russian navy , but recently in the bid to renew it's navy Russia started the production of new class of hovercrafts .

Last edited by a moderator:
LCTs not enough?
We have 8 of them,that should be enough i guess.
LCT >> Naval Today

the problem with LCT's are that they are slower than hovercrafts , and they have more height so they can get targeted by defending forces easier on other hand their advantage is that they can carry far more equipment

Back
Top Bottom