What's new

Does this country look like a failed state to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did I say Pakistan is a failed state. Omar1984 is just showing some rosy pictures with a thread heading , Does this country looks like a failed state to you?
I have jsut posted some links showing some current development in pakistan.
Ok lets see how I see Pakistan.
1. 5/6 years ago Pakistan's economy was 1/5th of India's. Now your economy is 1/10th of India's. Your GDP is even less than that of maharastra. Now with all it's slums and poverty how India is growing?
2. You have more than one power center. Your Army Chief/Prime Minister/ President.
3. You have just averted a balance of payment crisis with the help of IMF.
4. You own people have no faith in judiciary(taking abt political class) not even on your Supreme court.
5. One of your former PM got Killed and your govt. ask the foreign agency to investigate. Why?
6. A foreign country is attacking your people with Dorens. What is your govt. doing?

But I am not anti-Pakistan. These are the questions i have in my mind. Bcoz in india even the President/Prime minister don't have the power to remove the chief justice of our Supreme Court. He/She can only be impeached by the parliament with a 2/3 majority.
GOD Bless Pakistan and people of Pakistan.

Your right, i agree pakistan is politically unstable for now, because it is trying to induct democracy. Plus these most of these politicians are corrupt, every country had times like this. As for the drones attack are concerned they are being conducted by ISI and CIA.

nyways i would write more but i have to go be back later.

Providing education to our youth so that we don't spell Drones as "dorens". At least they're doing something, right? :lol:

Sorry Brother that was a Spelling mistake. Anyway We Indians are Poor in English good luck to you guys....

Yes certainly and in PAK it seems photos are always taken on national holidays when there is hardly anyone on Roads???? Hmmm....
Show me a single photo of any of the above posted photos on a crowded Day when so called people in pak get out of their home.Or is it they are always told to stay in houses due to lurking terrorism???:cheers: :cheers:
Dude thats the dumbest lamest argument I've ever heard. There are a million reasons, why the photographer chose not to take pictures during rush hour. Aesthetics!

Was the picture a representation of good roads or good cars?

Or are you really pushing the dumb speculation that there aren't any cars in poor ghareeb Pakistan?

Which dumb thing are you arguing for?

Sorry Brother that was a Spelling mistake. Anyway We Indians are Poor in English good luck to you guys....

Dude, atleast have some self esteem. Dont blame the country cuz you bunked all your English classes.

I think there is a thin line between being a failed state and being on the path of becoming one. Certainly Pakistan is not currently a failed state. But if it continues on this path and doesnt destroy terror outfits things would get worse. These videos donot reflect the reason it is being called a "failed state". More appropriate pic/video would be of Pakistan actions and not words about bringing an end to this menace.

No it doesn't and InshAllah won't be one. Have some confidence and everything will be alright. Yes there are some problems but can't give up just because enemy want you to believe. Fact is it's ultimate goal of the Indo-Zionist to see a failed Pakistan So there after NO NUKE. They launched an expensive propaganda to mentality and psychologically inject the fail state status to the mind of average Pakistani and than final implementation. Pakistan need to sustain not only for Pakistani but also for rest of us......

that is wat britishers left for them some 30 yrs back... however we made everything one our own. also zimbawae doesnt even have a currency anymore. they have started using US dollars even for payin salaries to gov officials

Photo from 2008. Harare still looks like this.

By looking at highway and city, we cannot say if state is failed.

Ivory Coast: (also failed state):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/2220715153_15d5c7bc3c.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1217/1351205076_044b951ddf.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1133/1351201678_4dff25c3e2.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1351202486_86fb205558.jpg

The infrastructure and buildings shown of Harare are from a time when Zimbabwe was economically far ahead of other AFrican countries.

The same cannot be said of now. People cannot afford to buy eggs to eat, let alone pay for building such magnificent buildings.

The infrastructure and buildings shown of Harare are from a time when Zimbabwe was economically far ahead of other AFrican countries.

The same cannot be said of now. People cannot afford to buy eggs to eat, let alone pay for building such magnificent buildings.

First you delete my post for 'offtopic' then you yourself post offtopic.

Any case, same can be said about Pakistan. Highway was built before current bad situation.

So to decide if Zimbabwe is failed state, you look at price of eggs no ?You do not look at highway or magnificent building.

Watch the video. I posted enough pictures and you shouldn't make comments about a country you never even been to. Pakistan had made a lot of developments over the past few years. I know you dont like hearing that but its true.

[mod edit]

Any case, same can be said about Pakistan. Highway was built before current bad situation.

So to decide if Zimbabwe is failed state, you look at price of eggs no ?You do not look at highway or magnificent building.

I agree with that. Showing infrastructure doesn't prove anything. However, Pakistan is far from the definition of being a failed state.

Pakistan has economic problems, yet is over the worst of the balance of payment crisis of late last year. Bharat had one week of imports worth of money left in 1991, but it got over it.

Pakistan faces a terrorist challenge from extremists, yet that is also largely contained and there is sporadic violence, while less than 2 percent of the population is living in affected insurgency hit areas.

Many countries have gone through worse bouts of terrorism, yet still remained a viable state.

Fantastic speculation about what might happen in the future, doesn't mean that it is on the trajectory either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom