What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

Well I understand your opinion mastan , but our engineers are quite gifted , I believe in our national engineers, as they have constructed the whole Middle east and continue to be utalized across the world for international projects.

You might say that we can't retain such talent, which I agree 100% but if we recall that force of engineers and kick start national projects , I don't see why we can't build the new age Pyramids in our back yards.

All you need is a dock constructed and heavy lifting machines close to docks , people built aircraft carriers in 1930's ...

Our Local Engineering lacks the heavy lifting machinery , cranes and other elements

Hi,

Talk is cheap---pakistan has yet been able to manufactue a BICYCLE CHAIN of any quality---.

People who built ac carriers in 1930 has centuries and centuries of history of ship building---ships which went on trans oceanic voyages hunders of years ago.

You really really disappoint me kid---instead of listening and learning something, you are taking the standard pakistani approach---talk talk talk---without any substance, without any basics, without any fundamentals, without any knowlwedge of the machine and what it takes to start from scratch.

It is so sad that when young pakistanis blabber out on world forum and mention about things without any substance and resource just to look big, talk big, look important. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Mastan , read the links I provided they have links to ships Pakistan Shipyard builds :P lets keep it at that -

I don't think we can build a carrier but it is doable if we tried under correct leadership

But I am up for an order placed with France , when prices are low

But if we get 4 U214 Subs , and 4 Type054 A Frigates, and 4 Turkish corvettes , 4 F22P frigates I am quite satisfied

I trust our ship yard :P

and their achivement is listed on their website "Made in PAKISTAN"

Here I posted these links so you can see what we can build hope this helps
Reference:
http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/products/submar.htm(Subs)
http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/products/jcmb.htm (Missile Boats) 200 tons
http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/products/facm.htm (Missile Boats) 200 tons
http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/products/f22p.htm (Frigate) 2500 tons

We all know what we can do with JF17 thunder

If , perhaps I missed something , or may be the karachi ship yard was incorrect , may be they will update their website , but I am very convinced we can build ships in Pakistan

Last edited:
Ships plans Tanks bullets and missles.

Whether you build them at home or buy them lock stock barrel.

IT ALL COMES BACK TO MONEY $$$$$$4

How much does Pakistan have TODAY and next 10 years.

We have Maa !!!

When I see the scene below I almost feel Pakistan and India are talking

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan has Saudi Arabia behind her in case her cash for developing systems runs out. By the time the Saudis run out of their oil, Pakistan will most probably be self-sufficent in defence production.

Does Pakistan 'need' an aircraft carrier group? Look at the US for example. If there is great enough of Pakistani overseas interests that warrant military protection, and that this protection must be available at any time when said interests are threatened, then of course Pakistan need an aircraft carrier force. US aircraft carrier battle groups do not loiter off US coasts.

Carrier Groups are a waste of money for a near ocean navy like ours. We do not have Islands to protect or the need to project power beyond our EEZ.

Our most vulnerable sea trade is oil. In case of War with India, we can project power from Straits of Hormuz to Gawader through our P3C's and our frigates.

Our submarines could blockade the entry into north western Arabian Sea along an 800 mile line running north to south from Karachi out to the sea. This "Sea Denial" patrol can be backed up by our AEW/AWACS assets and the land based Surveillance radar near Cape Monze.

The AEW/AWACS will and should be backed up by our dedicated Naval Strike element flying out of Masroor and Gwader airfields (Some work is being done on this to ensure fighter a/c operations along the airfields on the Makran coast.

The CG would be a liability -- India could not utilize effectively its carrier group during the 65' war. In 1971 it more or less operated out of the eastern command against the coastal zone in Bay of Bengal with impunity where we could not really project the land based Air Power beyond Dacca.

We should stick with the frigates, missile boats and the hammer -- the submarine backed up by our dedicated Air Assets.

Cheers!

Excellent description.... to the point n precise:tup:

Does Pakistan 'need' an aircraft carrier group? Look at the US for example. If there is great enough of Pakistani overseas interests that warrant military protection, and that this protection must be available at any time when said interests are threatened, then of course Pakistan need an aircraft carrier force. US aircraft carrier battle groups do not loiter off US coasts.

That is why I love US they understand , that military is there to act , imagine what we can do , if we can send in our navy to help out against some terrorist in Yamen or Somali etc .... I mean every year we hear US needs help ... or Nato needs help etc ...

Having an aircraft carrier is great to work with other navies of world , 1 country should not bear burden of whole world it has to be joint effort

We send in our soliders for UN missions in Africa , yet we can't provide them cover from air if needed

1 Aircraft carrier is just must for our defence, needed - its like minimum requirement

Some of the new carriers you don't have to refuel them for 'years' and 'years'

Last edited:
That is why I love US they understand , that military is there to act , imagine what we can do , if we can send in our navy to help out against some terrorist in Yamen or Somali etc .... I mean every year we hear US needs help ... or Nato needs help etc ...

Having an aircraft carrier is great to work with other navies of world , 1 country should not bear burden of whole world it has to be joint effort

We send in our soliders for UN missions in Africa , yet we can't provide them cover from air if needed

1 Aircraft carrier is just must for our defence, needed - its like minimum requirement

Some of the new carriers you don't have to refuel them for 'years' and 'years'

Are you talking about a Nuclear A/c Carrier?? You have just did "Warp Jump!":pakistan:

Well I am sure we can live with solid fuel one as well but the new ones are nuclear and you pay 1 billion for nuclear carriers, I don't feel good with used items it has to have factory smell and long life

But even if we get a used American platform we would welcome it

I like the french one better 20-40 years of service

Well i dont think Pakistan Navy really require a AC.
Although a AC in 1971 could have served mych batter.

Unlike india Pakistan does not have vast sea line to defend. Neither pakistan have any intereasts/threats in far areas other than india ofcorse.

I suppose subs are does a good job for pakistan.

shaggy

^^^PN's annual procurement and operating expense is ~US 1.5 billion. an Aircraft-Carrier costs any where from US 1 billion onwards and not including operating costs - so forget it !!!

^^^PN's annual procurement and operating expense is ~US 1.5 billion. an Aircraft-Carrier costs any where from US 1 billion onwards and not including operating costs - so forget it !!!

your are not going to have a super carrier, But a small carrier like british invincible class may not cost us1 billion .You can surly try to get such kind of carrier for your navy .India is building their 40000 thousand ton carrier for 4000 thousand crore rupee each which design was most probabbly get from spain or italian firm.so if you take an inatiativ to have a small carrier i don't this it will be so difficult as you have shown your commitment to get most secret weapons of all nuclear bomb even though you live by grass why not have to to get this too ? :smitten:

your are not going to have a super carrier, But a small carrier like british invincible class may not cost us1 billion .You can surly try to get such kind of carrier for your navy .India is building their 40000 thousand ton carrier for 4000 thousand crore rupee each which design was most probabbly get from spain or italian firm.so if you take an inatiativ to have a small carrier i don't this it will be so difficult as you have shown your commitment to get most secret weapons of all nuclear bomb even though you live by grass why not have to to get this too ? :smitten:

that still comes to US800m plus yearly operationg expenses - we can get 3 modern subs for that money!

hey y r we just stuck on AC it is not the end of marine warfare y dont we improvise with new systems like a sea station ship capable of launching medium range missles with 3 level air sea and sub Terran defence and integrated C RAM sys above and below the sea level....with capability of housing multiple helies and launching uavs ucavs and other unmanned surface an sub surface vessels(armed or not..depends on senario...)this way we have a first line of defence and medium offence against all kinds of enemy attacks on our coast lines also the left over places can be monitored by AEWCS and other fregates and ac ....i know it ll become a prime target but thats y it moveable and well defended ...i know it sounds a little far fetched and un realistic but just a concept of defence ...plz coment

Back
Top Bottom