What's new

Does the PAF need an Electronic Attack JF-17?

The main problem for AEWACs is they end up jamming their own radars as well. This problem has been solved in very few platforms, for example, the Russian A-50U deployed in Syria.

what about Eireye Saab 2000 ? i heard they have been working on similar system to be added in latest Variant ?

Obviously we need a plane like that but our French Falcon 20s play that role.

Are there any effective modern EW Fighter based aircraft currently operating the size of the JF-17?

There's one being tested as electronic attack variant. I suspect that it has two alq-500p multimode ecm pods.

JF-17_229d.jpg

There's one being tested as electronic attack variant. I suspect that it has two alq-500p multimode ecm pods.

JF-17_229d.jpg

Its efficacy will depend on available power:

upload_2018-1-20_15-44-8.png

@gambit it would be awesome if you could give us some insight into available power vs jamming efficacy. For example, the FA/18 EA Growler being a twin engine platform has higher available power. How does that provide an edge over a smaller platform such as JF-17 Thunder?

JF-17_229d.jpg

Pardon to contradict, but these are NO ECM-pods, but merely the standard camera pods as already seen so often on several JF-17s.

When I'm back home I will post some clear detail shots of that pod.

With increase in wing span did th internal fuel capacity increased ?? Wing tanks ?? In case of pg wing re design it did by ~ 20 gal ;) vs Ps

Sorry mate, both pods look different.. the dimensions, the side profile, missing glass window at the front, all suggest it is a different pod.

If you think so ... I'll stick to my point. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom