What's new

Does Pakistan have a future ?

therein lies the difference...Pakistanis have always been brand concious and curious about the outside

while you indians were driving clankety old ambassaor cars and having a pair of just 3 pairs of clothes, Pakistanis live beyond their means to drive a corolla and have more than enough clothes to fit a closet

theres a prestige involved with studying overseas...i hope it changes. We have plenty of talent at home (professors) all they need is better salary so they arent forced to teach in GCC or EU/US

as for me -- i opted for LUMS Lahore for MBA . They rejected me; GWU accepted me instead

Well to tell you the truth, I come from a village. My dad had a Bullet, and a Vespa scooter, and a Maruti Zen.

I have 4 brothers. I am the youngest. All my brothers have gone through college, done their Masters, and are earning good money now.

But we never had only three pairs of clothes. Don't be bitter bro. I see you have changed significantly from your earlier anti-Indian racist days. Don't go back to being a prick now (and I mean that in a good way). :)

I think years of being on a 2 stroke Vespa wore off real well on :laugh:

Pakistan has a bright future ....what the world thinking about india....read membai attack new stories

LML Vespa's in India are 4-stroke bro. You mean Pakistan is still stuck in the 2-smoke era?

nope....in fact we're a hell of a lot ahead of you guys when it comes to the car or bike scene, let me assure you on that

and for someone who has years riding 600s, 636s and even 1200s (not mine) i dont need to be hearing about some girly vespa designed for indians
gayviolet.gif

nope....in fact we're a hell of a lot ahead of you guys when it comes to the car or bike scene, let me assure you on that

By that do you mean you use fancier stuff in Pakistan or that you make fancier stuff in Pakistan

IMO Pakistan has a future. A rather bright one, PROVIDED it is willing to change from the way it is going currently.

It has a good future provided it takes drastic steps to do the following:

1- Change its victim mentality. To the liberals, it will give a reason to whine while to the radicals, it will give a reason to Talibanize.

2- Change its governmental structure. Parliamentary democracy is a failure in entire South Asia including my country. This form of governance has no accountability and instead of one tyrant, there are 500 of them calling the shot and looting the country day and night.

3- See beyond the historical baggage it carries. Whether it is Khiljis or the Mughals or what not, Pakistan hasn't come out of glorifying Turkics and Iranian invaders, none of which have been theirs to call whether by religion or otherwise. The mentality has to change from those days to what lies ahead. Respecting the past is good but living in it, is going to do more damage than good.

4- Prioritize its education: It is appalling to see the level of nonsense that is taught in history books of Pakistan against non-Muslims. That has to change. While history is a very murky subject, it certainly doesn't have to be politically motivated. In my country also, history is polluted by Nehruvian nonsense of suicidal proportions.

Get more into science and technology, aim for a Manufacturing economy rather than a service oriented economy.

ANY world power if you see, never was a service economy. My country India too is a victim of this. All superpowers have to be able to manufacture, technologically peak and produce enough resources and finished goods to shut people's mouths up.

5- Look towards a new future with India. There's no use of this bickering as it would only put you in a dire situation. Fighting will get you no result.

We don't want your country but just manage our own well.

It would be better if you adopt the same policy.

While your civilization and ours can never be good friends, but we don't have to hate each other.

Japan and China also hate each other but are they blowing each other up? NO.

That's the way to go.

I agree with those points in the bold. As for glorifying the "invaders", Pakistan is a multi ethnic country, any one can migrate to Pakistan and become its citizen. You don't have to be from specific race or ethnic group to be a Pakistani.

As for changing our parliamentary democracy structure, to what? We already experienced martial law. Muhammad Ali Jinnah, was a man of vision, and he wanted Pakistan to be a democracy, and even our military realizes his wisdom now.

i think it's a waste of time to continue this talk of actual BIKES vs. tiny vespas here

moving along....

You still havent answered.. Are those actual bikes being manufactured in Pakistan or being imported.. :azn: ?? I am dying to make a comparison, but am just 1 infraction away from a ban so will desist :) ......

You still havent answered.. Are those actual bikes being manufactured in Pakistan or being imported.. :azn: ?? I am dying to make a comparison, but am just 1 infraction away from a ban so will desist :) ......

good....glad you're finally coming to your senses

we know how much PDF means to you

there's a bike thread (the one where i post a lot about bikes -- i suggest you take the convo there if you so desire, i'll most delightfully respond)

good....glad you're finally coming to your senses

we know how much PDF means to you

there's a bike thread (the one where i post a lot about bikes -- i suggest you take the convo there if you so desire, i'll most delightfully respond)

Dont have much interest in bikes.. was looking at this more from the auto sector / production in Pakistan...

And about coming to senses, well, dont be overly optimistic about that ;).. another of my infractions expires in a week (unless I accumulate another one by then ;) )

Back
Top Bottom