What's new

Does India need Fleet of Strategic Bombers?

Unless India wants a place at the top table。。。。。。no,there is no need for strategic bombers which are expensive and difficult to develop and costly to maintain。

China is working on 2 versions of stealth bombers,one tactical with conventional configuration(prototype expected in 2014,combat range 3500-4000km)and the other strategic wing-shaped similar to B-2。India would be hard pushed to dovetail China's every move。 
India‘s immediate priority is to make a success of its cruise missile programme。
Only 3 of 5 UNSC permanent members have strategic bombers. If India wanna be top ACE, strategic bomber is a must.

Until you get those dreamer bombers, our pilotes might already have driven UFO. 

Better save your own a$$ instead of attacking our shores, your pathetic air fleet is gonna varnish in the pace of crash like nowadays. 

Why you not suggest OP to change this thread to 'shall we have strategic bombers to attack Chinese shores?' 
Your post sounds extremely disgusting

Calm down; every nation possesses weapons according to threat perceptions and most times these perceptions lead to development/acquisition of platforms.

For example India's need to have deterrence against perceived threats led to development of nukes and Agnis.

Another example is, China's own need led to DF5, DF-31, DF-31A etc.

I am talking about hypothetical scenario where India engages China in war and I described how these bombers will act great as Long Range Standoff Launchers.

Instead of hurling your word rockets(should I say vagbans) towards me, have look at pathetic trolling on India related threads by some descendants of the people belonging to world's oldest continuous civilization and its Non-atheist ally.

Last edited:
Wrong on the last part. India has neither ordered nor (AFAIK) evaluated Su-34s.

I said I think never said confirmed because I forgot on which website I read it, but this plane was in consideration in IAF and some of your Strategic Command as per that website. If not its OK and thanks for correcting. :-)

I said I think never said confirmed because I forgot on which website I read it, but this plane was in consideration in IAF and some of your Strategic Command as per that website. If not its OK and thanks for correcting. :-)

Look! a reasonable and polite PDF member. protect it before it goes extinct :D

there should be atleast 1000 ready fighters at any time in iaf..wich are fully updated with alltheir teeth..then think about rest of these assets, the navy should be having 1000 such fighters as well with atleast 3 aircraft carriers and 50 nuclear submarnies...

Only 3 of 5 UNSC permanent members have strategic bombers. If India wanna be top ACE, strategic bomber is a must.

And probably completely useless, taking into account, what threats india faces, and it's financial capapbilities. What it's military requirements are.

I would rather that Money be spent on improving infrastructure and getting the basics right. We can only afford flashy new toys when we have the money. 

Instead of hurling your word rockets(should I say vagbans) towards me, have look at pathetic trolling on India related threads by some descendants of the people belonging to world's oldest continuous civilization and its Non-atheist ally.

I am sure you have noticed that a substantial number of Chinese posters here like @wanglaokan and the others are conscripted to a troll brigade that frequently visits Indian threads to make sate their egos which has been battered by their inferiority complex vis a vis western powers.

It's the same logic with Indian trolls and Pakistani trolls. If you actually expected @wanglaokan to contribute to this thread in anyway, rather than hurling insults all and sundry well, you have more hope of the Taliban allowing gay marriage.

Firstly; do you really think that they have a truly next-gen of Strategic Bombers in the works?

Secondly: what is there that Strategic Bombers can achieve with low cost and accuracy that other aircraft with AAR and ALCMs cannot achieve?

India probably needs these Bombers as much as Mongolia needs Aircraft Carriers. But what was the thinking behind India trying to lease 4 Tu-22M3 bombers in the last decade? Any insights on that would be helpful.
Also, are these bombers a good addition if India's look East policy decides to take military overtones?

I repeat my question

No yani nahi
Ballistic Missile subs are way better thing to invest in
Plus Bomber will require a lot of investment &
A lot of time to make
Also no country will sell us advanced bombers only old ones

China is believed to possess around 400 nuclear weapons, but has released very little information about the contents of its arsenal.

List of nuclear weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so they put all nuke bombs on 2 planes?

Future bombers may possess on DAS (distributed apearture system) stealth, AESA radar of all 360 degree coverange, and better new gen misssiles, moreover small range, medium range Air to air missile like barak-1 etc. to save plane from the missiles. perhaps.

I think missiles are more better no risks and long range, if one missile killed billion $ plane better to go for the missiles. though bombers are high threat for enemy.

India does not need any Bombers. It is cheaper and more efficient to build cruise missiles than can reach 3000 km instead. Put them on a ship or submarine or even air launched.

Both MKI and Rafale can take 9000kg armament load. We do not need bombers.

I repeat my question

Does India need fleet of Strategic Bombers?

India does not need any Bombers. It is cheaper and more efficient to build cruise missiles than can reach 3000 km instead. Put them on a ship or submarine or even air launched.

Both MKI and Rafale can take 9000kg armament load. We do not need bombers.

MKI has capacity carry armament load of 8,000 KG.

India could rent Tu95 bomber from Russia.

I believe India will go for TU-22M# in such case.

The other option will be converting Tu-142s in LRSLs after all P 8Is are inducted.

Its better to create a squadron of TU22 on lease under contract to replace it by once PAK DA is ready.

Back
Top Bottom