What's new

Do you want Shariah law in Pakistan

Do you want shariah rule in Pakistan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahmedov-Influence-Roman-law-on-Islamic-law

How so-called Shariah plagiarized from Roman Law!
@smuhs1

Article says..

5. – Conclusion

Deriving from abovesaid, it should be emphasised that issue of Roman influence has not been yet resolved. It needs, as Crone pointed, looking at Syriac and Jewish sources of law. Yet, it is clear that in some cases, impact of Roman law on Islamic law is apparent. Crone was right when suggested that there was indirect influence, but some similarities, especially in contract law reveal that there were direct borrowings from Roman law through Roman legal books. Jokisch was partially right when advanced the idea of direct borrowing through Roman legal books but it is not clear when such borrowing took place and who implemented such large-scale enterprise.
It is also not clear whether influence of Roman law was decisive on formation of Islamic law because evidences shown in present study only demonstrate that influences were minor. Only cross-study of Roman, Jewish and Islamic legal principles can show how Roman legal concepts migrated through Jewish law into Islamic law. Crone already demonstrated on the example of patronate institution such migration, but her findings lead to conclusion that it was not Roman law that influence, but ultimately Greek law that came to serve as a source of influence.
As Crone and then Kofanov pointed during Roman law conference in Moscow, the question of influence should be tested through study of Roman-Syriac lawbook that require further attention and knowledge in ancient Syriac.

As far as direct influence concerned, the Roman and Islamic law of contract should be scrutinised in detail in order to discover whether such influence took place. The mere random study of certain contract law elements demonstrate that direct influence was possible, but it is not clear still. This study therefore yields for another comprehensive investigation, which author hopes to accomplish in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry the first thing I'm gonna do, when I'm in power, is that I'd cancel the Nationality of all Dual Nationals - So you won't have to worry about these things ! :devil:
that would be a very stupid thing to do.
maybe you build infrastructure, or promote education, collect taxes so when you do cancel the overseas pakistani dual citizenship
the country wont collapse and the fate of the french kind during the french revolution wont happen to u.

Ahmedov-Influence-Roman-law-on-Islamic-law

How so-called Shariah plagiarized from Roman Law!
@smuhs1

i think some of the Yes votes were posted by Indians as a trolling attempt..beside we also have the zarvan brigade on this forum!

There are the people who voted Yes!

@A.Rafay, @AdeelFaheem, @Armstrong, @Dushmann, @fateh71, @Fracker, @funtoosh, @ishaqzaade, @Leader, @Monkey D Luffy, @Myth_buster_1, @Not Sure, @pakistanitarzan, @Peregrine, @rickblood19, @Rizwan Alam, @Slav Defence, @tarrar, @Zarvan

Quaid-e-Azam must relieved that he didnt live long enough to see this day.

Why would these scholars need to make a rule and give their certification of Shariah compliance? Isn't that a man made practice in its entirety? A good law is clear, concise and easy to understand for everyone, not a pyramid of confusion and more confusion..

A good law is about we the people, not something copied from 7th Century arabia!

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) told us how to conduct ourselves in various aspects of life. He told us what practices (including socioeconomic) should we stay away from and why. Thus with time when new things emerge, scholars need to look at their essence and make sure that such a methodology is adopted which does not go against the fundamental principles set by the Prophet (s.a.w).
The problem with you '7th Century' argument is that we do not consider that 7th Century law to be a mere man made law. We consider it to be based on the principles which are laid down by Allah (Whose wisdom is not restricted to any particular time). So we expect ourselves to make sure to not go against those principles because to us in those principles is great benefit and justice.

A lot of debate is happening in this section regarding Shariah law and there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm - entirely among the overseas dispora to impose sharia in Pakistan. So lets have a poll!

when are you guna get his in your head?
atheists arent even 1 percent if the population in pakistan( we too smart to be atheists)
pakistan will always be an islamic republic unless one day maybe since could prove that flying spaghetti monster actually exists or something.

You forget what we'd do to any Kashmiri who thinks otherwise ! :P

I wonder why we don't start doing what the Indians accuse us of doing - Changing the demographics of the region; perhaps flooding in a few hundred thousand or a few million of the rest of us would serve you lot well ! :D

i think he just being sarcastic.

@somebozo Should this thread turn into a 'discussion on religion' i will close it.

No more religious talk but you should rein in the trolls as well..Please clean up the thread.

Pakistan should be governed by We the People!

when are you guna get his in your head?
atheists arent even 1 percent if the population in pakistan( we too smart to be atheists)
pakistan will always be an islamic republic unless one day maybe since could prove that flying spaghetti monster actually exists or something.

Only after you can prove that flying horses do exist which resemble half mule and half donkey!

Haha oh dear no need to cancel my nationality....you forgot I am kashmiri...am not even a part of your nation ;)

Please change your flag.

That says a lot - 49,000 dead and yet undecided - But, If, Only when -- Utopia dies hard.

By undecided, I meant that I don't want Shariah in the current state, with so many factions and all. Since the OP did not elaborate in his poll, so I am undecided, Shariah or Islamic law in current state, no, if we all get together and implement it in true form, yes...but thinking more about it, I'll just click on no as a good setup is nowhere to be seen.

As ajpirzada said, a Islamic Welfare State would be a much better term to use.

no offence,but i didnt expect a majority yes,but the other way around,anyways,that is upto you guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom