What's new

Do You Think Rivalry Between India and Pakistan is For a Valid Reason?

Do You Think Rivalry Between India and Pakistan is For a Valid Reason?

• Yeps

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Nopes

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

acetophenol

Reaction score
Country
India
Ladies and Gentlemen of this great forum,this is Acetophenol speaking,and this may sound a little stupid,but I wanna ask you folks a question.

What,in your opinion is the reason for the rivalry between India and Pakistan? And do you think its justified?

Here's my take:

-Hell No.I simply cannot figure out why we ended up being such kind of mortal enemies,dreaming of nuking each other,while our people (the general public) love each other and share so much in common.I wish Ind-Pak relations had kinda something like a reset button,so we can just start over!

Ladies and Gentlemen of this great forum,this is Acetophenol speaking,and this may sound a little stupid,but I wanna ask you folks a question.

What,in your opinion is the reason for the rivalry between India and Pakistan? And do you think its justified?

Here's my take:

-Hell No.I simply cannot figure out why we ended up being such kind of mortal enemies,dreaming of nuking each other,while our people (the general public) love each other and share so much in common.I wish Ind-Pak relations had kinda something like a reset button,so we can just start over!
Not going to happen.

Hint: Come and live with me this September to Srinagar (going to maternal place) for two weeks. Even within the same country you will know what the problem is. If Kerala is free from that poison so far, good for you. :)

Reset button = Giving Kashmiris on both sides their right to determine their destiny just like we did in 1947.

Demilitarize J&K, let them become a new country. They'll have as much power as Bhutan has, therefore would have to play hard to have good relations with Pakistan and India. They'd have to work hard for getting the level of attention they have gotten for free from both countries for the last 7 decades.

Republic of J&K = Rest button pressed between India and Pakistan, no threat of mushroom clouds, no Swami, no Zaid Hamid.

Adios.

Reset button = Giving Kashmiris on both sides their right to determine their destiny just like we did in 1947.

Demilitarize J&K, let them become a new country. They'll have as much power as Bhutan has, therefore would have to play hard to have good relations with Pakistan and India. They'd have to work hard for getting the level of attention they have gotten for free from both countries for the last 7 decades.

Republic of J&K = Rest button pressed between India and Pakistan, no threat of mushroom clouds, no Swami, no Zaid Hamid.

Adios.
First things first - there can not be a J&K in any scenario other than India. It can only be a 'K'.

Jammu and Leh would revolt the very same day they are told they are no longer a part of India.

Here's my take:

Hehehehe :p:

I love you so much !!! :D

Our rivalry has a very valid reason IMO....on a political level that is.

Pakistan feels that it hasn't gotten the one land that is Muslim majority and contiguous with it's borders while it was yet given ownership of a land that was thousands of kms away from it.

India feels that partition was a senseless exercise that neither solved the antagonism between faiths on the subcontinent nor proved that Hindus and Muslims couldn't coexist. It feels that muslim majority regions, inspite of being culturally Indian, were taken away from it.

And who do both Nations blame for this debacle? The Brits to a small extant, but largely each other. Are they wrong in their assumption? No, IMO.

Having said that, I find it incredibly stupid that more hasn't been done to increase people-people ties and interactions, especially in the digital age. This mutual demonization has to end, and people must realize that the conflict has nothing to do with Hindu-Muslim ill-will or Hindu baniya nature or Muslim Taqqiya nature or such nonsense. It's a political conflict over land and resources, plain and simple.

Here's my take:

They separated from us saying that they can't live with us and they will do better as a separate country, now when we are separated, subconsciously they feel the need to justify their decision constantly by proving that they are actually better off being separated, especially when a very large number of Muslims are doing fine in India. You will see that the rivalry is mostly coming from their side, the thread that is running on the topic of distortion of history and false propaganda & hatred about India in Pakistani school text books is also a result of their subconscious effort to justify the partition to their future generation, same is the reason for vehement denial by many Pakistanis when we say that we are similar people. Bangladeshis also suffer from the same syndrome!! :)

Don't you think many people will start asking "Why we are two different nations"; the day Indians & Pakistanis have a relationship of love & friendship without any hostility?

Adios.

i am afraid...that is not going to happen.

kashmir is not the thing. partitioning the country on religious line is main reason. unless both countries come to term with partition... i am afraid no peace

i am afraid...that is not going to happen.

kashmir is not the thing. partitioning the country on religious line is main reason. unless both countries come to term with partition... i am afraid no peace

Both countries have come to terms with the partition and it wasn't along the religious lines but demographic lines.

Last edited:
Both countries have come to terms with the partition and it wasn't along the religious lines but demographic lines.

but u cannot deny that there is huge religious angle to it too. and even now there are extremists on both sides that rake up religion for gain

but u cannot deny that there is huge religious angle to it too. and even now there are extremists on both sides that rake up religion for gain

They won't be able to when there is no bone to fight over. Our weak foreign relations are their ammunition.

you are right
no he is wrong..
how do you see our relation with nepal, bangladesh and sri lanka. Not exactly friendly. right?
even without kashmir both countries will try to dominate south asia. At least we will.

yes..jpg

Back
Top Bottom