What's new

Do you think a political party is behind the striking young doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximately 14 people lost their lives including young Fahad in this battle between YDA & Punjab Govt. Like always Pakistan Army again reaching to the occasion. Eventually this matter will be resolved but who will pay for the loss? Punjab Govt... YDA... Govt. and it's EGO or Lack of Professionalism from YDA.. You decide.

he is lying nothing is getting normal , they made the situation even worse .
150 doctors cant make any difference , Rana Sanaullah type people think that gundagardi can solve this issue but they are totally wrong .
I am saying this from very start that if Punjab Govt is serious in solving this issue they must negotiate with doctors but instead of doing this they doing opposite .
I am afraid that if this issue is not tackled with wisdom a health crises is going to come , and who is the loser is this situation ? only a common man .
Mr. Shehbaz sharif should let go his so called ego and start negotiating with doctors.

Yes ghundagardi by YDA can't resolve issue, they should understand this doesnt go with their profession. They should know what all can be given to them and what can't. They are asking for grade 18 as starting whereas in other disciplines PhDs get 18 grade as starting. By calling yourself dr doesn't make you a phd. Some drs are comparing themselves with DMG guys of grade 17 and 18, they should know it that they also draw pays according to BPS of GoP. All government employees should get more pays but can our economy afford it am sure not so YDA should come back to job and then negotiate whatever they can get from Punjab government. Important thing is must get hold of ring leaders and should be taken to task according to service code.

why not ? i would like to see them bleeding as people dying because of them simple revenge .:no:

police is right in this case:lol:

You keep on laughing while that doctor is there in a ventilator.

Nobody dies because of not being attended in an outdoor department.

Now I know that the situation is completely different.

In UAE, my only source was the media, and the media is totally bought on this by Sharif family and is quite. But now that I am in Pakistan, and I am surrounded by doctors in Lahore, i have come to know the kind of stuff going on since the last three days.

Regular beating of doctors, not criminals or thugs, but doctors.

Somebody's ego is taking too much.

The doctors strike was a bit wrong in the first place but now this Shahbaz Sharif government has gone bonkers.

Yesterday, in Shaikh Zayed hospital hostels, doctors were dragged out of their rooms at 1 o clock in the night, and beaten up.

A doctor at Mayo Hospital was beaten to the limit. The doctor had a cardiac arrest at that moment and sever brain damage, and is in a ventilator right now. Doctors from mayo hospital are now leaving on protest, not YDA, but all doctors. and this had to happen.

Why is the police coming in and beating them up and putting them up in ventilators??? Why is police dragging them out and beating them? Shahbaz Sharif can't handle this and it is hurting his ego.

Doctors are now refusing to work for Shahbaz Sharif, not for patients or hospital, but they have stopped working against the ego of Shabaz sharif.

Either take them to courts, or do something else. Beating them to death is no solution. Taking the health ministry for yourself is going to yield these results. He only sits there to take commission, nothing else.

The doctors' demand is also legitimate, to get a proper promotion structure, but they were wrong in their way, and now the government is wrong.

Reason that nothing is getting to the media is because it is on a shutdown, the whole of geo is now effectively bought out by N league

closing out door wasn't a big deal to begin with... the emergency has been closed only after crack down on doctors... what else could have been expected from then?

Approximately 14 people lost their lives including young Fahad in this battle between YDA & Punjab Govt. Like always Pakistan Army again reaching to the occasion. Eventually this matter will be resolved but who will pay for the loss? Punjab Govt... YDA... Govt. and it's EGO or Lack of Professionalism from YDA.. You decide.

Ego of Shahbaz Sharif has also really ruined the whole situation.

Why can't he give a proper service structure so people can be promoted on merit?

closing out door wasn't a big deal to begin with... the emergency has been closed only after crack down on doctors... what else could have been expected from then?

Today, the doctors, senior doctors went out from their offices and went home, to protest against the beating of the Mayo doctor.

Shahbaz Sharif should stop looting the health ministry and actually do something.

Ego of Shahbaz Sharif has also really ruined the whole situation.

Why can't he give a proper service structure so people can be promoted on merit?

Today, the doctors, senior doctors went out from their offices and went home, to protest against the beating of the Mayo doctor.

Shahbaz Sharif should stop looting the health ministry and actually do something.

Seriously the guy who cannot even provide service structure to young doctors which he promised a year back, is ruling Punjab province- and using brutal force.... Imagine !! and god forbid they want to rule in federal !!!

he is lying nothing is getting normal , they made the situation even worse .
150 doctors cant make any difference , Rana Sanaullah type people think that gundagardi can solve this issue but they are totally wrong .
I am saying this from very start that if Punjab Govt is serious in solving this issue they must negotiate with doctors but instead of doing this they doing opposite .
I am afraid that if this issue is not tackled with wisdom a health crises is going to come , and who is the loser is this situation ? only a common man .
Mr. Shehbaz sharif should let go his so called ego and start negotiating with doctors.

You want to believe whatever media and ganjas told you then i cant help you . believe in whatever you want .
BUt reality is much much different but your blind love for ganjas cant help you to see the reality .
Off The Record - 2nd July 2012 - Part 1 - YouTube

i give a dam about ganjaa,s but you killers must need to wake, up!
media is wrong innocent peoples dying are wrong , pakarmy doctors are wrong, dam it!
only you the greedy killers are right?

PPP, PML-Q, PML-N, JUI, MQM, ANP have done what ever they can to hurt Pakistan & they used the problems made it even more worse for Pakistan & used it for their personal interest, they are truly the first & real enemy of Pakistan & that's the truth.

Seriously the guy who cannot even provide service structure to young doctors which he promised a year back, is ruling Punjab province- and using brutal force.... Imagine !! and god forbid they want to rule in federal !!!
rightly this whole YDA needs to , sent in to the prison, with thier legs in thier hands!
nice to see, imran,s pti supporting these doctors, can you put a link what, INSAAF MAFIA, chief has to say on the issue?
where is mr, sumu-moto? now!:angry:

Imran offers services to resolve doctors’ issue
Last Updated On 02 July,2012 About 6 hours ago
Dunya News: Pakistan:-Imran offers services to resolve doctors
The PTI chairman on Monday said his party was ready to play its role in resolving the issue. Khan said that Asif Ali Zardari has purchased all the politicians and children of big politicians had become sons of Malik Riaz.

He said that Asif Ali Zardari had looted Steel Mills and Nawaz Sharif had compromised with the government to protect his corruption.

wow, how come, imran have the solution?
& he come up , after 10 poor pakistanis died?

The doctors strike was a bit wrong in the first place but now this Shahbaz Sharif government has gone bonkers.

Yesterday, in Shaikh Zayed hospital hostels, doctors were dragged out of their rooms at 1 o clock in the night, and beaten up.

A doctor at Mayo Hospital was beaten to the limit. The doctor had a cardiac arrest at that moment and sever brain damage, and is in a ventilator right now. Doctors from mayo hospital are now leaving on protest, not YDA, but all doctors. and this had to happen.

Why is the police coming in and beating them up and putting them up in ventilators??? Why is police dragging them out and beating them? Shahbaz Sharif can't handle this and it is hurting his ego.

Doctors are now refusing to work for Shahbaz Sharif, not for patients or hospital, but they have stopped working against the ego of Shabaz sharif.

Either take them to courts, or do something else. Beating them to death is no solution. Taking the health ministry for yourself is going to yield these results. He only sits there to take commission, nothing else.

The doctors' demand is also legitimate, to get a proper promotion structure, but they were wrong in their way, and now the government is wrong.

Reason that nothing is getting to the media is because it is on a shutdown, the whole of geo is now effectively bought out by N league

Writing in bold does not mean what you wrote is correct!

Well, doing strikes for better wages and better employment condition's is not unethical nor does qualify as blackmailing. The new doctors work under very harsh conditions and therefore deserve better employment conditions. The government doesn't listen to them so they have been doing this since last year. Punjab government did not kept its promise of raising salaries from last year.

The majority of policemen is not like that swat policeman. If you are curies, just sometime go to a random police station or ask majority of Pakistanis of their opinion of police.

My friend, atleast try to understand what I am saying, you have to be reasonable too. What do these doctors do that is harder then what your average Pakistani does? They are already getting more then other professionals even though they do not work harder then your Engineers, Accountants etc., or do they? Why do they deserve professional allowance when other do not? Are other professionals not professional enough???? Bhai....Doctor ban ke kia koi Aasmaani Makhlooq ban gayee hain??

And still they are not happy, they still want more and more and they are willing to jeopardize the health system by denying treatment!

i cant like beating of women by the hands of punjab police . shame on Punjab police and Punjab Govt.
If you like this then i cant say anything .

Female doctors being beaten by Male policemen? that should not happen but if the same women doctors are giving a hard time, resisting arrest, being a tool of public nuisance then female police officers may handle them accordingly.

When these women leave their houses to compete with males, why should they be forwarded any special treatment? Why do people have this sexist mentality here, I do not understand! I mean, don't these women want the same pay? The same benefits? The same rights? They why not the same treatment?

i will support doctors when they go back to work .first start work then we have talk .:frown:

Well, personally I think the time to get back to work is over. They were given a deadline to resume duties which they crossed. After that, there shouldn't be any turning back. The Government needs to make an example out of them otherwise this will become a norm and will repeat itself every few months to every few years.

A plea from a young doctor

12491-youngdoctors-1341226875-973-640x480.jpg

Dear people,

I do not receive any pay, perks or privileges for my job. I have to work 28 days a month with only two Sundays off. Every week, I have to perform emergency duties at least once for 12 continuous hours, apart from ward duties that extend up to 30 consecutive hours.

Who am I?

You guessed it – I am a young doctor working in a public sector hospital in Pakistan.

This hospital is in Punjab and I’ve been working here for some time now. There are three main departments in any hospital namely the emergency department, the indoor department and the outdoor department. The emergency department (ER) is open 24 hours a day and caters to patients who are acutely ill. The outdoor department functions eight hours a day for patients who are ill but their basic functional capacity is not massively impaired. Patients who need monitoring and further treatment are admitted in the indoor department.

My colleagues and I are in the eye of the storm because of our demand to formulate a service structure for doctors. The same demand was made by doctors at the time when my father graduated form medical school back in 1980.

The attitude of successive governments has not changed in the slightest in the last 33 years. After last year’s protests, the government had promised to act upon grievances of doctors and that included the demand for a service structure. After countless committees and deliberations held amongst doctors and representatives of the government, a proposed plan was presented. However, it was rejected by the health department of the Government of Punjab in the end.

The deadline given by the government expired on June 7, 2012. Following that, seminars were conducted throughout the province by the Young Doctors Association (YDA) to enlighten the medical community about what the service structure is and why it is important.

In the third week of June, it was decided that until our demands are met, Outdoor Patient Departments (OPDs) will remain closed. This was meant to be a token gesture and not a full fledged protest because patients from OPDs could go to the ER – which they do a lot of times to get the required treatment.

Like last year, the electronic media went in an overdrive in their propaganda against young doctors and their ‘brutality’.

Despite getting bruised multiple times by the bitter truth espoused by representatives of young doctors, TV anchors and reporters went on defaming my profession and my fellow professionals. I must admit that in the last few years there have been isolated incidences in which some members of the YDA behaved rudely with people and there were instances of physical fights but that has been an exception, not a rule. It should not be forgotten that the same doctors closed OPDs last year and worked in tents outside their hospitals in return for no fee from patients.

The intransigence shown by the Punjab government in this aspect is shameful, to say the least. It has disgraced itself and its employees. Let me recount the tactics used by the state machinery in this whole scenario.

First came the threats; a notification was immediately issued which cancelled leave for all employees and emphasised that no one should abstain from their duty. In case of absence, arrest by the police was stated as a threat to doctors.

Then came the news that army doctors have been called in to fill in for us in the government hospitals. There was a deliberate misinformation campaign started by the Punjab government against doctors, portraying them as mercenaries. As proven by a representative of YDA, the figures given in those ads are totally wrong.

On Sunday night, a meeting involving the leaders of YDA was disrupted by the police and doctors were arrested. It was accompanied by vandalism in the doctors’ hostel in Services Hospital, Lahore. Some medical students were even arrested and various wards, including the ER, were thrashed.

After such appalling actions against us, doctors are thinking of shutting down the indoor departments as well.

The major questions being raised these days are:

1. Why are doctors protesting?

2. Should doctors go on strikes?

3. Why are people dying while doctors are not providing them stipulated services?

I have answered question number one in detail above. Regarding the third question, I will reiterate that closure of OPDs does not lead to any deaths because patients in a critical condition are attended to in the emergency departments of major hospitals. Isolated incidents in smaller cities should not mean doctors are simply not working at other places. The most important question is question number two.

Doctors, like other professionals, are also human beings. Doctors, like other human beings, also have needs and demands. If a whole year of protests and committees could not procure a change in the stances of the opposing party, what are we supposed to do next? Are we to start immolating petrol pumps and blocking roads?

I believe the smear campaign, started by Khadim-e-Ala’s government, should be countered by doctors- and they are doing so, as much as they can, by participating in talk shows. Unfortunately, we do not enjoy endless state resources to get ads printed in national newspapers nor do we have the ears of media personnel close to our pockets. What we can do is plea, and that is what I am doing.

My fellow countrymen, we are not the aggressors or brutes. We never wished harm for any of our patients. The only option left for us─ if the government does not accede─ is to either leave the profession or leave the country.

If you cannot help us with this, please do not start believing in the state’s propaganda without finding out for yourselves. That is the least you can do for all the services we have provided you in the past.

Yours truly,

A young doctor

Read more by Abdul Majeed here or follow him on Twitter @abdulmajeedabid

Whose side are you on?

A plea from a young doctor – The Express Tribune Blog
Read the comments in your link bruh.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend, atleast try to understand what I am saying, you have to be reasonable too. What do these doctors do that is harder then what your average Pakistani does? They are already getting more then other professionals even though they do not work harder then your Engineers, Accountants etc., or do they? Why do they deserve professional allowance when other do not? Are other professionals not professional enough???? Bhai....Doctor ban ke kia koi Aasmaani Makhlooq ban gayee hain??

And still they are not happy, they still want more and more and they are willing to jeopardize the health system by denying treatment!

Female doctors being beaten by Male policemen? that should not happen but if the same women doctors are giving a hard time, resisting arrest, being a tool of public nuisance then female police officers may handle them accordingly.

When these women leave their houses to compete with males, why should they be forwarded any special treatment? Why do people have this sexist mentality here, I do not understand! I mean, don't these women want the same pay? The same benefits? The same rights? They why not the same treatment?

Well, personally I think the time to get back to work is over. They were given a deadline to resume duties which they crossed. After that, there shouldn't be any turning back. The Government needs to make an example out of them otherwise this will become a norm and will repeat itself every few months to every few years.

I think we have a gap of knowledge here. I am saying that their demands are fair, i.e. getting better salary and proper employement conditions. Currently they hire Dr. on contracts of one year or so, and keep them on contract, no promotion, no job security, can be fired at anytime without a problem, no pension, no other benefit, nothing like that. There are people working like that since 20 years. Dr. in professionals compared to engineers have very tough duty. In begginning they work 28 days a month, 2 days a week on call to be called even in mid of night,, duties last more than 30 hours, etc. NO normal engineer or accountant has such kind of job. It fair to admit their work. When they are doing that Why should not give them a proper job, with job security like any normal Goverment servant?

The current turmoil is due to the Punjab goverment's broken promise from last year that they will increase salaries and give a salary structure. But now they have refused it and are doing propeganda in Media that Drs. are still unhappy after being given the pay raise, which is not true (AFAIK). Now after bullshiting them, the Punjab goverment is not even ready to listen to their demands, they asked to have a meeting with the Mr. Younger now not skin headed Sharif but he is not ready to do so.

And after all this, when they have gone on strikes this year, Punjab goverment is doing a Police crack down on them- Well, What you expect now? It may not be ethically fair to leave hospitals but is there any reason left to antogonize the Drs. Youth? If there is ANY profession, where professionals are facing police crack down just for strike for their fair rights,,, what should they do? Of course dying of poor patients is regrettable and I am sure no one would be happy on that but who is causing that? If we ask any patient who was treated well in a goverment hospital with a nominal fee, while knowing the same treatment could have costed a fortune in private hospital, if you ask that patients should the goverment give them permanent jobs and regulate their salary? I am sure the answer would be more than just yes.

I think there would hardly any other profession in Pakistan who pays to such professionals who have spent their lives struggling with the system and get laborer like jobs in Goverment hospitals. While their counterparts in private hospitals or abroad are able to live a respectable life.

And in the end, if they are so ordinary professionals like a plumber or a school teacher that can be replaced so easily, why the fücking goverment is cracking on them by police,,, Why dont fire them all who go one strike and hire motor mechenics instead?

I think we have a gap of knowledge here. I am saying that their demands are fair, i.e. getting better salary and proper employement conditions. Currently they hire Dr. on contracts of one year or so, and keep them on contract, no promotion, no job security, can be fired at anytime without a problem, no pension, no other benefit, nothing like that. There are people working like that since 20 years. Dr. in professionals compared to engineers have very tough duty. In begginning they work 28 days a month, 2 days a week on call to be called even in mid of night,, duties last more 24 hours, etc. It fair to admit their work. When they are doing that Why should not give them a proper job, with job security like any Goverment servant?

The current turmoil is due to the Punjab goverment's broken promise from last year that they will increase salaries and give a salary structure. But now they have refused it and are doing propeganda in Media that Drs. are still unhappy after being given the pay raise, which is not true (AFAIK). Now after bullshiting them, the Punjab goverment is not even ready to listen to their demands, they asked to have a meeting with the Mr. Younger Sharif but he is not ready to do so.

And after all this, when they have gone on strikes this year, Punjab goverment is doing a Police crack down on them- Well, What you expect now? It may not be ethically fair to leave hospitals but is there any reason left to antogonize the Drs. Youth? If there is ANY profession, where professionals are facing police crack down just for strike for their fair rights,,, what should they do?

I think there would hardly any other profession in Pakistan who pays to such professionals who have spent their lives struggling with the system and get laborer like jobs in Goverment hospitals. While their counterparts in private hospitals or abroad are able to live a respectable life.

And in the end, if they are so ordinary professionals like a plumber or a school teacher that can be replaced so easily, why the fücking goverment is cracking on them by police,,, Why dont fire them all who go one strike and hire new ones?
Long conversations, doesn't have much value now, YDA succks already, 18 of their mates, couldn't survived just 2 days in prison, they are ready to join, many of them strat comming already, their strike suffered a hard blow, no govt can fullfill their demands, as they keep asking more.
Anyway, they have killed 12 poor pakistanis, their 6 month crunnt salries should be given to the families of victoms, they should be beaten up every day for this.
All of their demands should be thrown in the dustbins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom