What's new

Do you think a political party is behind the striking young doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But my friend, the force that guards the country internally gets paid as low as Rs. 9k/month (Police) and the force that protects the country from external threats gets Rs. 17k/month (Military). How can you expect them to protect the country with that salary?

A grade-17 teacher at a University (asst. lecturer I think) earns Rs. 28k/month and teachers in schools earn even less. How can you expect them to teach this nation on par with international countries?

I consider the demands of the YD's unjust because they are not superior to other Grade-17 officers and if any of them had the option, they would have gone abroad already. So, now that they are stuck with Pakistan, they need to materialize on the realities of the country instead of being stupid and superficial. We have very limited resources and bowing to any unjust demand would not only further encourage these doctors but also set an example for other professionals to follow suit.

Its not just the salary they are after, its a 'service structure', i.e. not hiring dr as contractual laborers. Police and Army have their own service structures, especially Army has other benifits, like retirement plans, etc. Also Do I want to compare a high school pass solider with a MBBS Dr? No.

Here is the story from other side: -

Why are the doctors out on the streets? | DAWN.COM

IMHO, since the federal or provincial goverments are nearly bankrupt, these Drs. are not gonna get a lot from them. The small money the politicians have in budget, they are going to spend on schemes like Taxis, Laptop, giving money to MPAs to buy people for voting in different ways as election is ahead. Giving proper jobs and salaries to these Drs is obviously not gonna earn them votes directly.

I dont know anybody personally who is doing these strikes, if I met someone, I would advise them to keep these strikes only until a certain level, and dont get to things with police, leaving emergencies , etc. If a Dr gets killed by police beating or something no one will compensate that. Better look something abroad instead.

Even if Punjab govt fulfills their demands, watch, six months from now they'll be on strike again demanding more. If they were in any western country their ***** would have been thrown in jail and their medical license revoked for endangering the lives of people.

Speaking of western countries, my cousin just completed medical school in new York and starts his employment tomorrow. Starting salary, 55k dollars a year and he is 200k in debt of medical school loan. Last two year of rotation in hospital working long hours he didnt get paid a dime.

But like any employment, first few years are rough and gradually he'll make more money. That's what these young devils should consider, too. 54k a month isnt all that bad and in the coming years they'll make their money. Stop playing with people's lives.

Even if Punjab govt fulfills their demands, watch, six months from now they'll be on strike again demanding more. If they were in any western country their ***** would have been thrown in jail and their medical license revoked for endangering the lives of people.

Speaking of western countries, my cousin just completed medical school in new York and starts his employment tomorrow. Starting salary, 55k dollars a year and he is 200k in debt of medical school loan. Last two year of rotation in hospital working long hours he didnt get paid a dime.

But like any employment, first few years are rough and gradually he'll make more money. That's what these young devils should consider, too. 54k a month isnt all that bad and in the coming years they'll make their money. Stop playing with people's lives.

Have you really read above article or exactly know their demands apart from what your cousin told you?

Have you really read above article or exactly know their demands apart from what your cousin told you?

First they receive seriously subsidized education because of the taxes paid by the poor that they are supposed to treat and then they have unreasonable never ending demands!

That is a simple article written by another one of these YD's, have you read the 'actual' demands that I posted earlier copied from DAWN website? These are their demands again and my response in bold:

1) Appointment of Medical Officer directly in Grade 18 - Why not grade 22 (with special grant of the Prime Minister)??
2) Stipend of post-graduate equal to same as of Medical Officer - Yeah that's a good idea, lets pay them to learn!!
3) Health professional allowance equal to basic pay - Because they are so much more qualified and elite, they deserve additional allowance in excess of what others in their grade earn!!

Source: Young Doctors To Continue Strike

In Pakistan, all goverment owned educational institutions are subsidized. Including those from where beaurocrates, politicians (get faked degrees) and many other graduate. This is tax payer's money, and mainly middle class-poor people benifit from this. Otherwise they cannot send their children to Universities. But this does not mean that they can be forced to work on low paid contractual jobs. There is no such law nor a bond nor any moral or ethical duty to do so.

There are strikes in almost all other goverment run fields, starting from teachers, PIA, Steal mills, PTCL, etc. The only pity here is when Dr.s strike, it may endager the life of poor people. But thats their daily work.

Paying good salaries to Goverment owned hospitals's and recruiting there the required staff is doing a great favour to country's poor. The doctor who work in private hospitals, earn much better. Low-paid, overworked doctors are not really motivated to see people with same interest as they do in private hospitals. This is a fact.

Same goes with the police, but the reason police do not strike is because they can earn fortunes in bribes...

Three dead in Lahore and one child dead in Rawalpindi due to doctor's strike. A total of 22 people have died due to cruel young doctor's refusal to provide medical care and resumption of their their duties. Last time they went on strike 30 something people died.

Now I ask, should we even bother getting these a-holes back? and I ask them, is the money worth the lives of children and people. To them it is. log martay hein tu marien, inhein paisa chahye. And then we blame zardari for not carring for the nation.

Punjab goverment is antognizing them by arresting Drs.

The pity is poor people are left to die.

Eight patients die as YDA strike continues

7-2-2012_56989_l.jpg

LAHORE: At least nine patients have died in hospitals across Punjab due to negligence resulting from the Young Doctors Association (YDA) strike.

Army and senior doctors have been forced to take over as the strike entered its 15th day. The YDA has been in a deadlock with the provincial government over the issue of a service structure.

Young doctors of Sindh, Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa closed OPD departments for two hours to show solidarity with the YDA Punjab.

In order to deal with YDA strike, the Punjab health department has appointed 596 new doctors.

57 new doctors have been appointed in Lahore’s Mayo Hospital, 90 in the Services Hospital, 50 in Jinnah, 27 in General Hospital, 40 in Ganga Ram and 19 in the Punjab Institute of Cardiology.

In Faisalabad, 90 new doctors have been appointed in hospitals across the city. 45 new doctors have been appointed in hospitals of Rawalpindi while in Multan 70 were appointed.

76 doctors have been appointed in Rahim Yar Khan and 32 have been appointed in Bahawalpur.

the Army doctors freaked out and left Mayo hospital saying they cannot handle this much pressure !!

so much so for their military training to take pressure.

the Army doctors freaked out and left Mayo hospital saying they cannot handle this much pressure !!

so much so for their military training to take pressure.

LAHORE: The Pakistan Army has announced that there will be double shifts in hospitals in the cantonment areas.

According to the Punjab government's spokesman, on the request of the provincial government, civilian patients can also receive treatment at army hospitals.

The spokesman adds that DG Military Land and Cantonment General Tahir Mehsud has issued orders to this effect to all army hospitals located in cantonments.

LAHORE: Patients and their relatives saw a ray of hope when out-patient department (OPDs) started to work after Pakistan Army doctors reached different hospitals across Punjab to treat patients in place of young doctors Monday morning, Geo News reported.

Army doctors along with other senior doctors have started treating the patients at Mayo and Services Hospital in Lahore, however, the arrangements appear insufficient as compared to the serious situation emerged due to young doctors strike that has entered its fourteenth day.

Overwhelming number of patients is being witnessed at different hospitals while emergency wards are already under tremendous work pressure.

Young doctors are still on strike in Rawalpindi, therefore, the Army doctors have reached at various hospitals including Benazir Bhutto Hospital, Holy Family and DHQ Hospital to look after the patients in OPDs.

Police contingents have also been deployed to control any unpleasant situation.

Doctors in uniform are also discharging duties in various hospitals of Multan and Bahawalpur along with the other senior doctors.

The step to call Army doctors was taken after five patients lost lives across Punjab when the doctors on duty deliberately left them in the lurch to show solidarity with Young Doctors Association (YDA) leaders arrested in Lahore.

Four patients including a minor girl and a woman died of negligence on part of young doctors, who were busy staging a strike in the wake of a crackdown on YDA members instead of looking after the critical ones in Faisalabad's Allied Hospital.

Whereas a baby also died in Lahore as no doctor was around to take care of it.

Dozens of doctors were also arrested after Punjab police stormed into the Services Hospital Lahore at a time when the protesting doctors emergency meeting was underway.

Meanwhile, services of twenty-four doctors who actively participated in the strike were terminated.

Earlier, Punjab Health Department announced to blacklist the candidature of all the doctors on strike for government jobs if they didn t end strike and resume their duties from today.

leader read above and No misinformation please

^^ go to mayo hospital emergency- the uniform doctors just left- ask anyone there.

the fact is in army kay ho ha doctors ki aukat hi nahi hai kay ****** pakistanis ki treatment ker sakain... its only our great civilian doctors that know care and tender !!

^^ go to mayo hospital emergency- the uniform doctors just left- ask anyone there.

the fact is in army kay ho ha doctors ki aukat hi nahi hai kay ****** pakistanis ki treatment ker sakain... its only our great civilian doctors that know care and tender !!

Great doctors ki hartaal ki Wajah say moouj lag gai. Aab sarkari waqt main bhi private practice kar rehay hain.

I don't see any such news on any of channels. I think all channels have joined government.

Great doctors ki hartaal ki Wajah say moouj lag gai. Aab sarkari waqt main bhi private practice kar rehay hain.

I don't see any such news on any of channels. I think all channels have joined government.

you can see their reporting language and guess that- instead of pressuring the govt to accept their legitimate demands, they are acting like tool in government's hand, probably it will help people forget their mediaGate. #Justsaying.

^^ so disgusting- or imran sharam ker thori si-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom