What's new

Do you have any questions about Macau?

Macanese is a term describing "native born Portugese in Macau'. There doesnt seem to have a formal term covering all the citizens of Macau, does it?

I've changed the term to 'people of Macao' to avoid misunderstanding. I looked it up a bit and it seems that the term 'Macanese' can be used to refer to both those of Portuguese descent born in Macao, as well as for the people of Macao in general, though it is much more commonly used to refer to the former. What is your opinion, KirovAirship?

You can only find Portuguese from street signs and government documents, Portuguese is rarely being used in common life.

I don't know what exactly the reaction of Macau people in that year (1961), but few years later (1966) there was a mass movement happened in Macau [Motim 1-2-3/ 12-3 Incident].
The consequence of the movement:
1) Portuguese Government in Macao loss all their prestige, but they can still in charge until 1999;
2) After the movement, Macao has actually been under control of the PRC government;
3) KMT was no longer existed in Macau.

Must had come as a great shock for Salazar.

What is the range of a decent two bedrooms apartment costs in Macau and how about the cost of living as to compare with Hong Kong? What is the currency and the exchange rate to the US dollar? Thanks.

What is the range of a decent two bedrooms apartment costs in Macau and how about the cost of living as to compare with Hong Kong? What is the currency and the exchange rate to the US dollar? Thanks.

Around 3M, and property prices in Macau are lower than HK.
The currency is Macau Pataca (MOP), 6-7mop:1usd.

i have 2 questions:

1. How did residents of Macau feel about Portuguese rule , were there any riots against them ?
2. Was there any instance of religious imperialism during Portuguese rule ?

I've changed the term to 'people of Macao' to avoid misunderstanding. I looked it up a bit and it seems that the term 'Macanese' can be used to refer to both those of Portuguese descent born in Macao, as well as for the people of Macao in general, though it is much more commonly used to refer to the former. What is your opinion, KirovAirship?

Calling us Macao people would be fine, since Portuguese considers "Macanese" is termed PBM only.

Around 3M, and property prices in Macau are lower than HK.
The currency is Macau Pataca (MOP), 6-7mop:1usd.

Here is the site for Macau property prices. I think it all depends on the standard criteria: location, age of property and developer:

Torre Lago Panoramico,Macau property,Macau real estate,Macau condos,business center,ZhuHai apartment-Vproperty.com

I have some questions though:

1. what is the general rental rate of return of the residential property?
2. are residential properties still hot in demand now?
3. what is the minimum down payment required to facilitate the banker's mortgage on a residential flat? ie how much in max can banker loan out for a new flat? or a second hand flat?
4. what is the max period of repayment of a residential property loan? and the current mortgage interest rate?

Thanks!

Calling us Macao people would be fine, since Portuguese considers "Macanese" is termed PBM only.

Portuguese were known to be highly intolerant to other non-Catholic faiths in India, is that true for Macau also.

i have 2 questions:

1. How did residents of Macau feel about Portuguese rule , were there any riots against them ?
2. Was there any instance of religious imperialism during Portuguese rule ?

1. Lazy and corrupt, but they did indirectly establish the platform for the prosperity nowadays.
Yes there was a really big movement in 1966 (12-3 Incident).

2. I don't think so.

I propose you should demand your legislators to give a term for the People of Macau. It is a property relating to heritage! Seriously!

1. Lazy and corrupt, but they did indirectly establish the platform for the prosperity nowadays.
Yes there was a really big movement in 1966 (12-3 Incident).

2. I don't think so.

That was the thing Portuguese never did in Goa. Only after the liberation, Goa prospered because of tourism.

Here is the site for Macau property prices. I think it all depends on the standard criteria: location, age of property and developer:

Torre Lago Panoramico,Macau property,Macau real estate,Macau condos,business center,ZhuHai apartment-Vproperty.com

I have some questions though:

1. what is the general rental rate of return of the residential property?
2. are residential properties still hot in demand now?
3. what is the minimum down payment required to facilitate the banker's mortgage on a residential flat? ie how much in max can banker loan out for a new flat? or a second hand flat?
4. what is the max period of repayment of a residential property loan? and the current mortgage interest rate?

Thanks!

I apologize but these questions are out of my knowledge, can somebody else give me a hand here?
@fou_wai996?

Back
Top Bottom