What's new

Do you have any questions about Macau?

Portuguese were known to be highly intolerant to other non-Catholic faiths in India, is that true for Macau also.

We have lots of schools established by Catholics, I never see any religious argument here. (Or maybe I'm too young)

That was the thing Portuguese never did in Goa. Only after the liberation, Goa prospered because of tourism.

Macau nowadays is into prospered because of tourism industries too. You have to focus the world I chose to use - platform.
Back to 500 years ago, before the Portuguese has come, Macau was just a tiny port. Portuguese found that Macau is a nice place to live; therefore they applied from the Central Government for renting Macau as a trading port.

If (IF) Portuguese had never been to Macau, Macau could have nothing but seafood, villages and lovely temples.
If (IF) Macau was back to the PRC in 1966 (during the 10 Years of Catastrophe), well, can't image it.

Does Macau share state revenues with Beijing or receive money from China? If yes any numbers available?

Hm...that means you can keep all the money. Cool!

Hm...that means you can keep all the money. Cool!

not only that. the defence is provided to Macau free of charge. Also Macau's area is expanding into China after 横琴 Hengqin is approved by the Central Government for Macau's future development!

"Chinese" and "Macau people" would be fine.

There's a Chinese term for people of Macau: 澳門人 and that's good enough for us. English name is none of our business. It's up to their language pundits to name one otherwise they won't accept it 100% if we name it for them.

With or without the Portuguese Macau would still pretty much developed these days now because this general area is quite livable.

map_image.pl

map_image.pl

map_image.pl

map_image.pl

20061110113849955.gif

Now:
Mo_map.PNG

Future:
20100619091449358.jpg

There's a Chinese term for people of Macau: 澳門人 and that's good enough for us. English name is none of our business. It's up to their language pundits to name one otherwise they won't accept it 100% if we name it for them.

With or without the Portuguese Macau would still pretty much developed these days now because this general area is quite livable.

That is why they gave out the stupid names like "Peking" not "Beijing"; "Canton" not "Guangzhou", "Tsingtao" not "Qingdao", "Hongkong" not "Xianggang"; "China" not "Zhongguo"; "Chinese" not "Zhongguo ren" ..."Japan" not "Nippon", "Korea" not "Corea"

not only that. the defence is provided to Macau free of charge. Also Macau's area is expanding into China after 横琴 Hengqin is approved by the Central Government for Macau's future development!

Wonder why China is so generous?
I mean Macau is rich and a part of China, and it does not give anything to "poorer" brothers and sisters.

I mean Macau is rich and a part of China, and it does not give anything to "poorer" brothers and sisters.

What do you mean generous! we are all Chinese! A lot of Macau immigrants are from the mainland. We are looking for long term development and not on short-sighted narrow-minded issues!

I personally think that Macau should pay the tax, not for the Central Government, but for those poor provinces.
I heard that Macau Government has been donating to several poor regions in Mainland for years, but I can't find the references.

Back
Top Bottom