What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

1. general good to v good. becos the effect of 1-child policy, many family do not have sisters/brothers
2. I have never heard of anything about arranged marriage amongst our friends or relatives. Not even in my mom and dad''s generation.
india still has arranged marrigae today. doesnt it?

Yes, arrange marriage system is still very much integral part of our culture and society...

And luckily at least up to this generation, many of us have brother(s), sister(s)….But I am afraid this wont be the case in future as many couples these days are restricting their kids to one or max 2..mostly in urban areas ..

Such a happy thread.

credit goes to ppl like me ... :)

Yes, arrange marriage system is still very much integral part of our culture and society...

And luckily at least up to this generation, many of us have brother(s), sister(s)….But I am afraid this wont be the case in future as many couples these days are restricting their kids to one or max 2..mostly in urban areas ...

I have read about the custom of arranged marriages in india sometime ago. Just asking to confirm the validity of the report. what a shame!

The decreasing no of siblings is a worldwide trend due to scarce resources and rising costs of bringing up the kids

we were taught in a lesson in high school studies that china's way to progress is based upon diminishing the three fevers, money,
alcohol and vulgarity, how far is it authentic?

How difficult for a chinese to become engineer or doctor?
1. In terms of money (Avg fees, number of colleges, seats etc)
2. How easy or difficult exams?

For example, I feel in India its really very cheap and very very easy to become engineer. Is that the same in China?

we were taught in a lesson in high school studies that china's way to progress is based upon diminishing the three fevers, money,

Probably not very authentic, China's progress today depends greatly on economic growth and reform, and economic growth comes with increasing money and material wealth. For alcohol, China has a thousands of years old tradition of baijiu, and it doesn't seem likely it will go away anytime soon. Vulgarity, I'm not sure what to say since it's a subjective subject throughout the world in general, so it would be hard to give an objective description.

How difficult for a chinese to become engineer or doctor?
1. In terms of money (Avg fees, number of colleges, seats etc)
2. How easy or difficult exams?

For example, I feel in India its really very cheap and very very easy to become engineer. Is that the same in China?

In western terms colleges and universities are generally affordable, costing a few thousand USD. The exact price for universities generally depends on how prestigious each one is. However, for the average family in mainland China it is not uncommon for an average family to spend a large portion of their savings just so the student can attend university (that is one of the significant factors contributing to a high savings rate by Chinese). There is a variety of colleges and universities and technical institutions to choose from, including a fair number of prestigious ones, but it depends on affordability and the entrance exam (more in the next part).

Qualification in higher education in China depends almost entirely on the difficult gaokao (university entrance exam). The gaokao is not the typical university entrance exam; there are a lot of times when entire academic and career futures are riding on this one exam. Universities are allotted a limited number of spaces, and as a result, competition for seats is extremely competitive. The outcome of the results of the gaokao will determine the universities the student is eligible to attend, as well as placement by ranking when applying. A significant amount of high school education is geared solely to prepare students for the gaokao. Those that fail the gaokao have the option of taking it again next year or, if they or their family can afford it, study abroad. There are potentially other options such as internship, etc, but that's another story...

For average students the road to becoming engineers or doctors is not easy because of those factors, and the fact that China's post-secondary system is not yet big enough to keep pace with so many applicants. Despite that China does produce a lot of engineers every year.

What are the major Chinese automobile companies?

很明显知道,我只是不想理他,认识水平有差异,人品有差异

物杏婴犊韧 切计

Many Vietnamese think the Chinese look down on them, Yes, many Viets say the Chinese are arrogant and aggressive towards them. Maybe that is not true.

How do you response to this?

far far away, your teacher must said about South Korea, 96% Korean students are drinking alcohol, and 99.1% had drink alcohol;
50% male and 20% female South Korea students ---alcoholism

China has promoted "mbbs in china" alot in paklistan.....those pakistanis who have completed mbbs in china, are all returning, saying that they were not allowed to do house job in china? do you people know about it.....and they are extremely weak clinically, they were not allowed to check chinese patients....??

China has promoted "mbbs in china" alot in paklistan.....those pakistanis who have completed mbbs in china, are all returning, saying that they were not allowed to do house job in china? do you people know about it.....and they are extremely weak clinically, they were not allowed to check chinese patients....??

my cousin told me,there are many students from south aisa in his school Wuhan University.most of them are major in Clinical Medicine .of cause they have many opportunities to contact with patients .but i think for them the hardest thing is how to how to communicate fluently ,because most patients don't speak mandarin,even many chinese students feel hard to talk to them.
there is no racial discrimination.just the language barrier

What are the major Chinese automobile companies?
Joint company:
First Auto Work-VW, Toyota.
SAIC-VW GM,
BAIC-Hyundai, BENZ,
Dengfeng Motor GROUP-Nissan, Honda, Kia, PEUGEOT,
Chana Auto-Mazda, Ford,
Gagc-Honda, Toyota.
Brilliance Auto-BMW

All the above, the Chinese side are state-run company, respectively, they all have their own brand, except the joint brand(It is foreign brand in fact). below is their own brand:
First Auto Work-Bengteng, Red Banner
SAIC-Roewe, MG(Bought From English)
BAIC-Beijing.
Dengfeng Motor GROUP-Dengfeng( I thought it is the worst company in self owned private car, In china)
Chana Auto-Chana, Do well in Van.
Gagc-Trumpchi, Also a sh!t
Brilliance Auto-Zhonghua, It had been a good car, But now, it lost.

talk about private car, all above suck in self-owned car, but Dengfeng and First Auto Work do relatively good in commerical vehicle. except private car, other vehicle, chinese companese control the market!

Below is some good companies own self-owned brand, and only produce their own car untill now:

Chery-state run company, but seems it is in the reform phase, too much motorcycle type, but I can't understand it, seems it is not too clear.
G6
m_20110901115607724603.jpg

Geely-Private company, have bought Volvo, and gear company-DSI, It also in the reform, until now, it seems very success, it found three new brand, Englon, Global Eagle, Emgrand. I am optimistic at it, below is one of its types, EC-7, about 10000 sales volume per month.(price: about 11~15 thousands, self own engine, MT from itself, CVT from foreign, will be mounted AT that from DSI its own affiliated company now)
EC7
19552725865222_1799794_7.jpg

EC7-RV
m_20111107205138762045.jpg

EC8
m_20111107221030762240.jpg

GX7
m_20120314175606851462.jpg

BYD-The company first OEM the battery, and have good technology in it, it seems enter into Motor industry in 2003 through buy a bankrupt motor company, then in 2005 pulled F3, copy COROLLA, have to said, all of its types have imitate trace, and it is heavy, but it has battery advantage, beside these, they also improve theirself in making car, buy japan mold factory, and others, compared with before, their craft on producing car are improved very much, and they now enter into Bus industry, In shenzhen, there are many PEV bus on the way, they also get the purchase order from USA. I am also optimistc at it, because of its battery technology, and the most important thing, their hard work to improve theirself, I believe they will draw a good looking appearance of their new car.
BYD PEV BUS
1346305810592.jpg

Great Wall auto- Well in SUV, develop stablely, I like its SUV, not expensive, and good looking, it can sale more than 20000 SUV per month, Aug this year, it sold more than 26000 SUV, its appearance of SUV is good looking, and performance all good, price are low relatively, It also have sedan type, below are some picture.
H6
m_20120629131622931378.jpg

C50
2012914222544.png

In the US if you reach retirement age and you are poor the government subsidizes you 100% in healthcare costs in the form of 'Medicaid'. But if you're of the same age and not so poor, the government subsidizes you for around 75% in the form of 'Medicare'. Does China have similar forms of benefits for retired or poor people?

Many Vietnamese think the Chinese look down on them, Yes, many Viets say the Chinese are arrogant and aggressive towards them. Maybe that is not true.

How do you response to this?
respect is not a gift when a person come to the world ,it depends on what he/she brings to others.

In the US if you reach retirement age and you are poor the government subsidizes you 100% in healthcare costs in the form of 'Medicaid'. But if you're of the same age and not so poor, the government subsidizes you for around 75% in the form of 'Medicare'. Does China have similar forms of benefits for retired or poor people?

no so much as in US.Medical insurance system in China is not perfect."Rural cooperative medical insurance"are running for several years,i'm not sure if there is differences between provinces.as much as i know,t 75% or 80% are payed by govenment.

Back
Top Bottom