What's new

Do ‘Syria,’ ‘Iraq’ and ‘Lebanon’ Still Exist?

Read my post again instead of quoting two words because you have no arguments. I thought that you would be more serious given that you are a "PDF Think Thank" but apparently not. So maybe @Hazzy997 is partially right about you.

The Ottomans were a Islamic empire. Not a nationalist Turkish empire. Only later on it became increasingly nationalistic (young Turks movement etc.) and people stated to rebel against it.
If they were nationalistic Turks as some would like us to believe they would not adopt Arabic titles (Caliph, Sultan), their alphabet would not be Arabic, most of their spoken language would not be Arabic, Islam would not be used for their legitimacy, the system etc. They would not care about protecting Makkah, Madinah, Al-Quds etc. You name it.

The point is that the Ottomans, if they were like the Mongols for instance who managed to destroy Baghdad in 1258 and some parts of Syria (only parts of the Arab world they reached before they were expelled) then they would have acted differently.

How do you explain that the local Hashemites who ruled for nearly 700 years before the Ottomans stepped on Hijazi territory stayed in power, were respected, permitted to rule everything as before only with the premise of being loyal to the Ottomans, were invited to Istanbul to the palaces of the Sultan (some were even born there)? No attempts of Turkification either. ZERO.

There are different ways of ruling. You can rule directly with the aim to change the culture, religion, language, customs or simply to destroy or as the Ottomans did in Hijaz use revered and respected (throughout the entire Islamic world) local rulers such as the Hashemites to continue with their rule but as vassal states and as a pretext for being loyal/showing allegiance to the Ottomans. In return for protection and being de facto and de jure in control of Makkah and Madinah.

Now can you tell me about the situation in Istanbul (formerly known as Constantinople - heartland of Greek and Byzantine culture) or even what is now Greece in comparison? I am curious. Can you give similar examples anywhere in what were territories controlled by the Ottomans either directly or through vassal states because I cannot think of anything similar to Hijaz hence it being different.

Read it carefully and reply to what I have written.

Do you understand the difference between a fact such as "never a WESTERN colony" and one region of KSA (Hijaz) being ruled by non-Europeans and by a Islamic Caliphate/Empire such as the Ottomans through a largely vassal state - Sharifate of Makkah and Madinah? Apparently no.

Are you now going to deny the fact that the Ottomans were an Caliphate (Islamic Empire) just because you could not answer my latest post? Really?

Read my post again instead of quoting two words because you have no arguments. I thought that you would be more serious given that you are a "PDF Think Thank" but apparently not. So maybe @Hazzy997 is partially right about you.

Read it carefully and reply to what I have written.

Do you understand the difference between a fact such as "never a WESTERN colony" and one region of KSA (Hijaz) being ruled by non-Europeans and by a Islamic Caliphate/Empire such as the Ottomans through a largely vassal state - Sharifate of Makkah and Madinah? Apparently no.

Are you now going to deny the fact that the Ottomans were an Caliphate (Islamic Empire) just because you could not answer my latest post? Really?

just once support your claims based on army strength of KSA region against European colonial powers

Just once

Empty hand waving will not do
Talking about Islam and mongols will not do either

Thank you

When you put Kalima tayyaba in your sigs

you must not defend ignorance and wrong history. It is your absolute duty to accept truth about history and about present.

Are we on the same page here?

just once support your claims based on army strength of KSA region against European colonial powers

Just once

Empty hand waving will not do
Talking about Islam and mongols will not do either

Thank you

:o:o_O
What is going on?

You are not countering my arguments nor replying to my questions. I take that as you not being able to do so.
Do you even understand the reason for me mentioning the Mongols and Islam? Read the reasons. They are right in front of you. The Mongols were mentioned to show another form of rule. Islam is mentioned because the Ottomans were an Islamic Caliphate and Empire. Not a nationalist Turkish Empire.

If they were nationalistic Turks as some would like us to believe they would not adopt Arabic titles (Caliph, Sultan), their alphabet would not be Arabic, most of their spoken language would not be Arabic, Islam would not be used for their legitimacy, the system etc. They would not care about protecting Makkah, Madinah, Al-Quds etc. You name it.

You need to make a argument about the Ottomans being a nationalistic Turkish Empire instead of an Islamic Caliphate. Don't mention the time after the Young Turks Movement since by then they had de facto lost control of Hijaz and most of the territories on Balkan if not all.

Young Turks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what you are trying to argue? Where have I even implied that one region in the Arab world could win a war against the Ottomans? What is going on yet again?

I don't think that you are reading my posts at all. Just reading WHAT YOU WANT TO READ and from there on you reply. It really seems like this.:cuckoo:

:o:o_O
What is going on?

You are not countering my arguments nor replying to my questions. I take that as you not being able to do so.
Do you even understand the reason for me mentioning the Mongols and Islam? Read the reasons. They are right in front of you. The Mongols were mentioned to show another form of rule. Islam is mentioned because the Ottomans were an Islamic Caliphate and Empire. Not a nationalist Turkish Empire.

You need to make a argument about the Ottomans being a nationalistic Turkish Empire instead of an Islamic Caliphate. Don't mention the time after the Young Turks Movement since by then they had de facto lost control of Hijaz and most of the territories on Balkan if not all.

Young Turks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what you are trying to argue? Where have I even implied that one region in the Arab world could win a war against the Ottomans? What is going on yet again?

I don't think that you are reading my posts at all. Just reading WHAT YOU WANT TO READ and from there on you reply. It really seems like this.:cuckoo:

All these posts you claimed that KSA was never colonized as if it was due to the strength of locals.

But that is far from truth. Even today Western powers can railroad through KSA with no resistance of significant level.

The same would have happened in 1600 AD-1800 AD.

And you have not proven that if European powers had interest in KSA areas, they would have shown up with army, and
as per you, KSA areas would not have been colonized

Any thing to support your claims.

All these posts you claimed that KSA was never colonized as if it was due to the strength of locals.

But that is far from truth. Even today Western powers can railroad through KSA with no resistance of significant level.

The same would have happened in 1600 AD-1800 AD.

And you have not proven that if European powers had interest in KSA areas, they would have shown up with army, and
as per you, KSA areas would not have been colonized

Any thing to support your claims.

Now you are changing the subject again to a subject that has already been discussed in this very thread. Do you want me to write the same things over and over again for you to understand them? I think that I already provided plenty of arguments and a few sources and links.

Partially it was. Arabians and especially people of Najd were always famous for their military conquests and warrior like culture and bravery. That's pretty well-known in the region. Add to that the harshness of the area, landscapes, climate, isolation. The Western colonial powers were unable to reach the Arabian Peninsula from 1500-1850 and the Portuguese did not succeed in defeating Oman as they dreamt about for instance. There were a lot of reason for that.

You are telling me that the Arabian Peninsula - one of the most strategically important areas of the world and a major crossroad for MILLENNIUMS was not strategically important? Are you joking? Do I need to mention the nearby Suez Chanel, Aden (one of the most important ports of the world back then with the largest natural harbor), the strategic location between Europe, Asia and Africa?

I already told you that the West was far ahead of anybody else in that period and that they could practically have conquered everybody if they wanted/united.

I never said that so don't write that. I said the opposite. But the reality is though that KSA would be too big and too difficult to fully control. Back then. Meaning from 1500-1800/1850.

Today it would be another discussion due to the modern technology. But good luck with controlling a country the size of Western Europe covered with mountain ranges, all kind of deserts, hundreds of valleys, bordered by waters with a largely hostile climate against mobile and highly skilled warrior people whose favorite past time was war, at least in Najd. Look at that map I posted earlier in this debate about territories that have never been conquered by Western people. Look at the other areas. Xinjiang for instance. Same story. Big, big territory with similar landscapes, harsh climate and a people used to wars.

I am not saying that it would be impossible to fully control it but it would no doubt be very difficult. Hence nobody really attempted.

I am sure that the Western world but LOVE to control Makkah and Madinah just like many Islamic empires dreamt about conquering Rome. Don't fool yourself.

Do you even know that the first European who ever visited Najd/Central Arabia happened as recently as 200 years ago if I am not wrong? It was literary unknown territory. Just look at the distances, climate. The locals knew all those lands as their own pocket. Knew the right valleys, hills, mountains, desert areas, oasis, access to local water channels etc.

Like Afghanistan it might get invaded and the cities submitted too but probably not all of Afghanistan or fully.

I am talking about a possible scenario 200 years ago. Not in recent times (last 100 years). Before the time of planes, tanks, automatic weapons etc. Were you fought more on equal terms.

Now sure what I am discussing anyway. I already said if pigs could fly etc. rhetoric. We are discussing ifs while I am sticking to what actually happened. Then you can make your conclusions about those ifs but at the end of the day those are just guesses. As I said IF the Mongols did not attack Baghdad in 1258 the Middle East/Muslim world would be better off and probably not far behind Europe for so long. But can I be sure of that? No.

Anyway I am about to fall asleep.

Yes, the Ottomans controlled Hijaz for about 350 years through the local Hashemite rulers who were allied with the Ottomans and de facto and de jure were a vassal state.

Yes, Europe was far ahead of the ME region from 1500 until 1945. Mostly.

Yes, KSA could have been invaded and become a Western colony from 1850-1945 if the European powers united and tried to submit it. Just like EVERY single country back then.

Yes, the British Empire and the French Empire made the Sykes-Picot and they colonized 90% of the entire world (Europeans) for a few centuries.

Now please read this post carefully before you reply.

Last edited:
.... Arabians and especially people of Najd were always famous for their military conquests and warrior like culture ..

What you say about Najd is not too different from other tribal cultures like Native-Indians of North America.
However such tribal bravery was utterly useless when faced with modern European style war machine (from 1600 AD onwards).

Just like Native Indian tribes in North America, tribes of Najd would have suffered the same fate if not worse.

Rest of your post is OK (so far, however I'll comment if I find anything out of order :D)

Power comes and goes, borders change all the time

You have high points and low points, the article is very shallow as it dosent take historic realities into account

I knew there would be some historic facts

I knew there would be some historic ''facts'' coming at me from you,dont you get tired?
Allways the same answers,who is talking about before the Ottomans?
You were ruled by the Ottomans,thats a fact accept it,why this denial.
I dont deny the fact that Turkey and the Caucasus was ruled by Arabs.
Is it your pride or what?
The whole world is a lie according to you then.
Look at the bounderies of the Ottoman era in those times.
He has obsession with refutation and Arab extreme pride, never stopped showing Arab pride and ego within Arabism.

Sick of it.

i read on al-monitor almost a month ago that israel plans to aid kuridstan in creation of kuridstan entity, to create new allies for themselves, the writer of this article forgets the fact that kurds by definition are iranian and yet they do exist!

@Sinan @xenon54 @BronzePlaque some advocating creation of state of kurdistan bros? whats ur take on this?

Mate, i really don't care who wants a piece of Turkey. We are here if they want a piece, i would say "bring it on"

Yes, like they did everywhere in the world, NEARLY. We did not allow the bastards to do it though.

List of largest empires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"We did not allow blah blah" :lol:
I've told you this before. That's not because you didn't allow or whatever. That's because your region is such a shithole one that no empire (Persians, Macedonians, Romans, you name it) was ever interested in capturing it. Achaemenids, for example, went as far as Libya, but not nearby Arabia. The regions of China that you are seeing in the pic is also because it is completely desert and worthless, like your region.

i read on al-monitor almost a month ago that israel plans to aid kuridstan in creation of kuridstan entity, to create new allies for themselves, the writer of this article forgets the fact that kurds by definition are iranian and yet they do exist!

@Sinan @xenon54 @BronzePlaque some advocating creation of state of kurdistan bros? whats ur take on this?
Mate, we hear such news since 10 years, do i believe? No
Do i care? No

Last edited:
And Somalia. And Mali. Everywhere the shariaists contest for power sovereignty crumbles apart.

Sharia and stone age tribalism are one and the same. Thus you see 1000 times more deaths within short span of time in countries like Rawanda or DRC.

Sierra Leon used to be a $hithole but it is improving.

This is only recent, we can go back to horrors in the hand of commie/marxist philosophies in places like Commie Russia, and China.

Cambodia and Khamer were in the list too.

Thus the world is in terrible $hit when terrible tribal philosophies take over a large group of otherwise normal looking people such as:

1. Slave owners in American south during civil war
2. israeli Settlers committing horrible crimes in the West bank
3. Commie Marxists fro old China and Russia
4. Khmer rule in Cambodia
5. Hutus Tutsi struggle in Rawanda
6. DRC civli wars
7. Sierra Leon

And the list goes on

Thus modern day Islamist terror is in fact tribal terror that is more or less other terrors sanctioned by many other religions and regions.

Hope this helps.

Power comes and goes, borders change all the time

You have high points and low points, the article is very shallow as it dosent take historic realities into account

you must be talking about electricity supply in my city :D

Back
Top Bottom