What's new

Do Pakistanis have the concept of jhootha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikki

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I couldnt find an equivalent word for jhootha in English ..so i used hindi word...in India I have found Muslims generally drink with their glasses by putting it into their mouths...the same glass is used by other family members without washing that glass...and they serve water even to guests with that jhootha glass.
Although many north indians put the glass in their mouths ,they wash it and would not give water with the sam4 glass to the guests(we south indian hindus are very particular abt it and we consider it sin to give water to a guest in a glass which is jhootha...to be honest hindus in south generally drink water by lifting the glass).
How different is Pakistan?Are they same like Indian muslims in this regard?

I couldnt find an equivalent word for jhootha in English ..so i used hindi word...in India I have found Muslims generally drink with their glasses by putting it into their mouths...the same glass is used by other family members without washing that glass...and they serve water even to guests with that jhootha glass.
Although many north indians put the glass in their mouths ,they wash it and would not give water with the sam4 glass to the guests(we south indian hindus are very particular abt it and we consider it sin to give water to a guest in a glass which is jhootha...to be honest hindus in south generally drink water by lifting the glass).

This word is jootha jhoota means liar
And this is not cultural thing every family is different even different members of a family do not have same habits
I personally do not eat or drink in any jotha glass or plate or anything

This word is jootha jhoota means liar
And this is not cultural thing every family is different even different members of a family do not have same habits
I personally do not eat or drink in any jotha glass or plate or anything
Sorry..my bad..poor at hindi

in Canada its very common for people to share their drinks, like hey you want to try my drink yes here you can taste mine. As far as how we do it in Pakistan, people commonly rinse the glass before using but if it was last used by a non-muslim then they wash it. I personally don't even use the glass without rising even it was uses by my kids or parent...its a personal thing basically.

in Canada its very common for people to share their drinks, like hey you want to try my drink yes here you can taste mine. As far as how we do it in Pakistan, people commonly rinse the glass before using but if it was last used by a non-muslim then they wash it.
You wash it if it was used by non muslim?I thought there is no such discrimination in Islam

@Vikki ... it depends more on the family members approach to hygiene... sharing the glass is normal, the glass is not jhoota, the liquid inside it is jhoota. So we just throw the remaining liquid and refill the glass for ourself. And no we dont give the “jhoota glass” to guests. Actually we don’t have a single glass at table while eating. Usually 2-3 glasses.

But, as per our religion, we are required to not throw the remaining water of a person instead drink it first and refill if you want to drink more. That way you don’t waste water. It may also have other reasons which i don’t know.

You wash it if it was used by non muslim?I thought there is no such discrimination in Islam

its cultural thing, Muslim of Hindustan learned to discriminate from Hindu...its like tit for tat
Dont always bring religion into every discussion, neither you neither we use religion in our everyday life.

@Vikki ... it depends more on the family members approach to hygiene... sharing the glass is normal, the glass is not jhoota, the liquid inside it is jhoota. So we just through the remaining liquid and refill the glass for ourself. And no we dont give the “jhoota glass” to guests. Actually we don’t have a single glass at table while eating. Usually 2-3 glasses.

But, as per our religion, we are required to not throw the remaining water of a person instead drink it first and refill if you want to drink more. That way you don’t waste water. It may also have other reasons which i don’t know.
Suppose you went to someones house...they gave you water...would you lift the glass and drink it without touching your lips or drink it by putting in mouth?

in Canada its very common for people to share their drinks, like hey you want to try my drink yes here you can taste mine. As far as how we do it in Pakistan, people commonly rinse the glass before using but if it was last used by a non-muslim then they wash it. I personally don't even use the glass without rising even it was uses by my kids or parent...its a personal thing basically.
By drinking in jootha class you can get flue or some other disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom