What's new

Do Pakistani Muslims avoid first cousin marriage as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, I was quoting a post which apparently tried to assume a moral high ground.

Morality is variable between cultures, its better to respect others for their differences and move on.

Birth is not a problem these days. There are many ways to give birth. New inventions........
New treatment...............................
Successful inventions.................... :D
Successful treatment...........
Successful ways..............
genetic defects are expensive to cure, and we are still not there yet for majority of genetic disease...

Why would Muslims in India do cousin marriages to please Hindus? Makes no sense.

Hindu (as a religion) is strictly against family marriages like cousins/sisters etc, and the scientific proof of doubling the chances of birth defects is a pretty damn good reason. There are villages in N India where you are not allowed to marry a girl in the same village even because there s a thinking that if you go far back enough, everyone from the same village may have once been one family.

Its good for them. In Pakistan first cousin marriage is widely practiced, and in some soci -o- economic quarters of our population it is the first choice.

Morality is variable between cultures, its better to respect others for their differences and move on.

I don't disagree with you, why don't you say the same thing to your countryman too whose post I quoted.

I don't disagree with you, why don't you say the same thing to your countryman too whose post I quoted.

This is an open board,where everyone sees the writing on the wall.

I think the query has been answered.

The issue has been discussed multiple times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom