What's new

‘Cousin marriage’ doubles gene risk for babies: Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being pseudo man. Learn to be balanced in life about what others do and feel. Stop being judgmental. Concentrate on your own home and leave others to do what they want.

Because if you poke your nose in other's business, one day you will find them inside your house. Showing you where you really stand. Best to be cool.

No. Their boobs don't look half as good. I see you are from Australia. Near a sheep ranch by any chance? Or are kangaroos more your idea of the ideal date?

Unlike u I'm not into unnatural sex.. ur sisters, aunts, mother.. all have boobs too..

Ghonchoo bhai bahan ka pyaar kaun laya pehle yahan?

Pappu yar kardi gadho wali gal..... Bhai sun hum toh apni cousine ko bhi apne hi bhai bahan k tarah dekhte hai par teri Prajaati alag hai or vaise hamare yha aise ptajati ke liye kuch special word use karte hai jo pdf me ban hai... chal bar bar is thread pe logo ko jor jor se mat bta ki tu kon hai.....

Unlike u I'm not into unnatural sex.. ur sisters, aunts, mother.. all have boobs too..

Yes but I draw the line at cousins. Unlike the sanctimonious ones who go around the countryside tying rakhis and coming back home to rape their moms and sisters and daughters and nieces.

Pappu yar kardi gadho wali gal..... Bhai sun hum toh apni cousine ko bhi apne hi bhai bahan k tarah dekhte hai par teri Prajaati alag hai or vaise hamare yha aise ptajati ke liye kuch special word use karte hai jo pdf me ban hai... chal bar bar is thread pe logo ko jor jor se mat bta ki tu kon hai.....

Loudu, kam se kam rakhi baandhne ka natak to nahin karta hun koi aur mili nahin to .....

dost let him be.... we evil hindoos have some hindi words for such species.... u know wat I mean.... seeing boobs temptes him so much that he cant think beyond this...

dost let him be.... we evil hindoos have some hindi words for such species.... u know wat I mean.... seeing boobs temptes him so much that he cant think beyond this...

We have lots of words for sex starved hypocrites too, who go through life with one hand and one hole.

Yeah. Like bad apples in every basket, we got a few perverted people in our communities too..

Yeah. Like bad apples in every basket, we got a few perverted people in our communities too..

Based on the magnitude of incest in India, it must be more than just a few. Unless they are going around door to door deflowering the mothers and sisters of the virtuous.

Based on the magnitude of incest in India, it must be more than just a few. Unless they are going around door to door deflowering the mothers and sisters of the virtuous.
U r absolutely rite u must check the same first from ur home .... by ur symtomps I mean gentic one can bring some unpleasement surprises....

I read this somewhere in Social Science books long ago that evolution can take place only once people marry outside their family and yes there is Gene impact as well.

In my personal opinion, I find it hard to swallow to marry cousins as those are the one with whom we grew. When we are together we are treated as son/daughter of our parents/uncles and suddenly when grew then we marry them. Moreover, I find it difficult from emotional and value point of view.

Cousin marriages are disgusting practise. How can anyone see another person as a s3x partner with whom they have spent the childhood with. Often cousins are the first best friends. They understand you better than anyone else when you are kids..

Well that is the whole point...You see, I live abroad, NEVER grew in a joint family system coz most of my cousins are spread around the world...So, for me they are equal to friends with whom you play with WHEN YOU GO TO THEIR HOUSE...otherwise you dont see them something like strangers as well...
@shuntmaster According to your post marriage is only for sex and NEVER marry someone who UNDERSTANDS YOU BETTER than others? VERY LOGICAL indeed :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Research study seems interesting......

Just to put things in perspective.... for Hindus of south India, cross-cousin marriages are part of the social norm for the last few millennia. Parallel cousins and those parallel to your parallel cousins are all equivalent to one's own siblings. Cross cousins are not considered siblings in this part of the country .

What is cross cousins and what is parallel cousins? :unsure:

I think the Indians here who are going on and on about cousin marriage being disgusting are being pretty hypocritical frankly. Yes, its not allowed. Yes its culturally incongruent for us. Yes its good science. But disgusting? Please man. There are a TON of Hindu and Sikh Indians who make out with their cousins. Make out = sexual intercourse. It goes on all the time. Everywhere. Lets not be sanctimonious just because we want to rub the faces of our neighbors here. :)
Kid you are very blunt! :undecided:

Can you contemplate marrying your own sibling?
The culture and the environment of my upbringing makes it disgusting for me to even contemplate sleeping with a cousin with whom I spent some very best times of my childhood. The cousin is like a best friend who is also a relative. There are no hidden secrets.

Sooo even in OZ you live in the same house as your cousins?

What are the advantages of cousin marriage?

Fair enough, the risk of congenital disease only goes up from 1.5% to 3%, but is it worth the risk? Cousin marriage that is. That 1.5% could mean life full of pain and handicap for a kid, should we be knowingly putting someones life at risk that?

Well same case can be brought up if your "chosen" partner is also a carrier of the same "disease" you may be trying to avoid....

carrier x carrier = 50% chance of having an offspring with that disease...

Moreover NOT all cousins will have 50% the same genetic makeup as you coz you are cousins because 1 of your parent is a sibling to your cousin's.....the other parent is still somewhat foreign so it is not as significant as the study shows...

BUT if done more than frequently like you married a cousin, your sibling married a cousin of the same lineage (as in both of you married your paternal or maternal cousins) and then your child married your sib's child making 2 generations of PURE inbreeding...then YES you should be worried IF there is a disease that MAY be difficult.....

However if you marry a cousin (maternal side) and your sibling married a cousin (paternal side) and then your child and your sibling's child marry the chances of passing on some genetically disturbing disease doesnt increase in the same proportion as the 1st case I mentioned...

Whatever the case if someone is soo crazily freaked out about this then they should just go for genetic testing...

Can you contemplate marrying your own sibling?
I cannot contemplate marrying a man too, but the world has started to think its okay for men to marry men. Marrying a cousin does not equal to marrying a sibling. The biological mother and father have to be different.

Why are you rubbing your own sense of morality on to others? Imagine some guy calling all women who don't do pardah as disgusting or worse...? That would apply to the women of your family, of your culture and the ones you love...?

Being an *** is not a nice thing to be. Try to avoid being one when possible.

The culture and the environment of my upbringing makes it disgusting for me to even contemplate sleeping with a cousin with whom I spent some very best times of my childhood. The cousin is like a best friend who is also a relative. There are no hidden secrets.

Nobody is lining up rishtas for you of your cousins. The topic of discussion here was genetic abnormalities among children. You can easily keep your disgust to yourself. You don't need to be disgust police for everyone.

What are the advantages of cousin marriage?

Fair enough, the risk of congenital disease only goes up from 1.5% to 3%, but is it worth the risk? Cousin marriage that is. That 1.5% could mean life full of pain and handicap for a kid, should we be knowingly putting someones life at risk that?

One of the main advantage is access. It is taboo to go on dates and get to know each other in Muslim circles. Cousins are at your house or you're at theirs all the time. These days cousins are increasingly even falling in love (although the overall rate of cousin marriages seems to be going down - in urban societies).

For the most part you know the girl and the guy are getting into serious relationships only and not fooling around with each other as well as families can get involved. It provides security for the girl too, to open up to a guy. 99.99% of the boys she might have access to (school, uni, work) elsewhere are after one thing only. Even the serious ones that do get into a relationship and it breaks up for whatever reason, ends up destroying the reputation of the girl at least (if not of both), rendering them unmarryable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom