What's new

Do India's Space Program and Mars Mission Make Sense?

I am sorry,but this one got on my nerves.

Can I open a 'Do Pakistan's nuclear weapon development Make Sense?' thread @moderators

It got to my nerves and I am Pakistani. There is a long trail of counter arguments if you had seen the prior posts.

So it is OK. It is a forum

No need to do good ole Pak-Ind $hit shoveling.

There are plenty of Pakistani posters who have already done what you tried to do today.

Either way

Eid Mubarak.

Enjoy your day.

atleast he has the guts to tell our weakness.. Not like you who hides weaknesses and pretend to be a nation that is even better than USA.
And hey idiot..! Do you know a nuclear missile can be used from moon to destroy our enemy?
And for that a country has to get those technology by experimenting not by comparing..
We are doing experiments over experiments and you are doing comparisons over comparisons..

jaaanay do yaraa

Why are you all hell bent on reviving a dead thread?

Must you see a lock before stop posting?

" (British minister of international development) Alexander contrasted the rapid growth in China with India's economic success - highlighting government figures that showed the number of poor people had dropped in the one-party communist state by 70% since 1990 but had risen in the world's biggest democracy by 5%"

"However, there is growing political pressure to end aid to a country that boasts its own space programme and spends 70 billion pounds a year on poverty alleviation, dwarfing the Britain's contribution," the daily said.

UK preparing to end aid programme to India: Report - Rediff.com India News

We spend billions of dollars every year for improving rapid transit facilities in our cities.Riaz Haq wouldn't notice this and would claim India spends more money for space research than in infra projects :omghaha:

you just can't admit that india simply wanted to do this mission to portray a false image of its progress to the world lol.

Idiot,the world already know we are progressing.

Last edited:
We spend billions of dollars every year for improving rapid transit facilities in our cities.Riaz Haq wouldn't notice this and would claim India spends more money for space research than in infra projects :omghaha:

Both these create pain in the backside for such people.

Though it is something which has just nothing to do with them. Its a travesty and a tragedy that people spend all their lives in such pathetic hatred for someone who doesn't give a damn. ;)

It's a shame that our "babus" will never get that. There is no shortage of people to deliver, only if few illiterate ministers can get their head out of their arses and do something for the nation.

I know about SUPARCO, you don't need to educate no one here. They are just a bunch of statisticians / data scientists trying to pretend as rocket scientists. Most of the rocket research is locked up with other capable organization, which I know, and know for a fact that they can launch a fully capable PSLV within few months. Then again, if the retarded babus wake up.

That will be quite great if they can do that.

I remember that India struggled for more than a decade with the ASLV (Augmented satellite launch vehicle), with many failures, before perfecting that and moving on to PSLV which turned out to be great success in space history of the world, not just India.

Has Pakistan tested and perfected the technology for ASLV kind of vehicles?

Last edited:
Total R&D spending in India is very low.

Don't want to say it but is it lower than even Pakistan? If not, where do you think you should really focus?

Research community really suffers when it is starved of funds while the lion's share of it is spent on building a few booster rockets and satellites. So India's Mars mission hurts the badly needed research in crucial areas like improving nutrition, health, education and infrastructure.

We know what it really hurts. ;)

No use of pretending.

We spend billions of dollars every year for improving rapid transit facilities in our cities.Riaz Haq wouldn't notice this and would claim India spends more money for space research than in infra projects :omghaha:.

If others are burning in jealousy, then the joy of having mars mission becomes double. :omghaha::omghaha:

If others are burning in jealousy, then the joy of having mars mission becomes double. :omghaha::omghaha:

Exactly!!!

If all the nations, I would have taken this suggestion a bit more seriously if it had come from a country which had done a little more about its own citizens and moved forward (a la China)! But coming from Pakistan? It can only mean jealousy!!!

I am sorry but I do not agree with the article's assertion.Exploring the unknown, questioning the myths and penetrating the unresolved have always been the usual characteristics of a vigorous mind. To withdraw oneself from scientific research just because one have its other constraints and problems to resolve is not only stupid but signature of a regressive, pessimist mindset just as the article concludes.

I find this notion utterly absurd and frivolous that India should have concentrated on improving its human development index instead of spending such a huge sum of money in futile space research. While this is true that the budget allocated for projects like NREGA, Integrated Rural development Program etc is not sufficient enough but this is equally hilarious to assume that poverty eradication programs get hampered by the the funneling of money for its space missions.

Does Indian Mars Mission adds something extra ordinary to the world of space exploration? I am afraid not much. US of A or the European Space Agency are thousand yards ahead in terms of technological superiority, pay load capacity and quality advancement. But as a third world country in Asia, this is indeed an achievement. It opens up new opportunities for space commerce for ISRO. A space mission that costed less than a hollywood movie but over shadowed its predecessor's efforts (like the Japanese, American and Chinese) deserves much applause for the determination, tenacity and the ambition of its people. As Amitabha Ghosh, a planetary geologist working in NASA puts it," India's expedition will never be a failure even if it does not succeed."

Befitting reply..............................

Just unnecessary mission , nothing new proven all the items were already known to modern science about mars complete waste of money , even the NAVIGATION was done by NASA
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

India is a superpower, the development of space technology is the best proof, space technology can benefit all human sense.
Ummm, you sport a Kuomintang flag :D

There's no better example of stupidity than Indians' pretensions and delusions of grandeur in a nation with the world's largest population of poor, hungry and illiterates.
What to say? We are like this, I guess. :) And will remain so, inspite of your concern for our fellow Indians.

A quick fat-check would show no Adsense
True. AdSense Blacklisted due to illegal clicking activity. If you want you can fix that, I can help. But then only if you accept assistance from an illiterate 'slum dog'.

India-Space-NYTimes.jpg

Haq's Musings: Can Superpoor India Become a Superpower?
image.gif

3 times a day........

Back
Top Bottom