What's new

Do Indians consider themselves Middle Eastern or Asian?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

It is the short form for Tamil Brahmin, though he interchanged that.

And Brahmins used to be hated a lot by other communities till some time back. Now it is becoming a little mellow.

It is the short form for Tamil Brahmin, though he interchanged that.

And Brahmins used to be hated a lot by other communities till some time back. Now it is becoming a little mellow.

Ah thanks, now I see what he was trying to say.

In my view and all people know,there are two kinds of people,"round-eye people"&"line-eye people".East Asian are "line-eye people",others are "round-eye people".

indians aren't Aryans, they are dravidians so they must consider themselves as south asian indians.

See one more theory surfacing up... I think you need to read

Do you know Charlie Chaplin's ancestors were Indian???

Look at this
Romani people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word Aryan was defined in India only, so how can one say that Indians are not Aryans???

The term Aryan originates from the Sanskrit
Sanskrit
Sanskrit , is a historical Indo-Aryan language and the primary liturgical language of Hinduism and BuddhismBuddhism: besides Pali, see Buddhist Hybrid Sanskrit...

word ārya, in origin an ethnic self-designation, in Classical Sanskrit meaning "honourable, respectable, noble".
In the 18th century, the most ancient known Indo-European languages
Indo-European languages
The Indo-European languages are a family of several hundred related languages and dialects, including most major languages of Europe, the Iranian plateau, and South Asia, and historically also predominant in Anatolia and Central Asia...

were those of the Indo-Iranians' ancestors. The word Aryan was adopted to refer not only to the Indo-Iranian people, but also to native Indo-European speakers as a whole, including the Albanians
Albanians
Albanians are a people from southeast Europe who live in Albania, Kosovo and neighboring countries. They speak the Albanian language. Roughly half of Albanians live in Albania, with other large groups residing in Kosovo, the Republic of Macedonia and Montenegro...

, Kurds, Armenians
Armenians
Armenian people or Armenians are a nation and ethnic group native to the Caucasus and the Armenian Highland.The largest concentration is in Armenia having a nearly-homogeneous population with 97.9% or 3,145,354 being ethnic Armenian, the highest percentage in Europe and the Caucasus.Because of...

, Greeks
Greek language
Greek , an independent branch of the Indo-European family of languages, is the language of the Greeks. Native to the southern Balkans, it has the longest documented history of any Indo-European language, spanning 34 centuries of written records...

, Latins
Latin Europe
Latin Europe is a loose term for the region of Europe with an especially strong Roman cultural heritage. The term has been used by some authors like Rogelio Pérez-Perdomo and Lawrence Friedman...

, and Germans. It was soon recognised that Balts, Celts, and Slavs also belonged to the same group. It was argued that all of these languages originated from a common root—now known as Proto-Indo-European
Proto-Indo-European language
The Proto-Indo-European language is the unattested, reconstructed common ancestor of the Indo-European languages, spoken by the Proto-Indo-Europeans...

—spoken by an ancient people who must have been the original ancestors of the Europe
Europe
Europe is one of the world's seven continents. Comprising the westernmost peninsula of Eurasia, Europe is generally divided from Asia to its east by the water divide of the Ural Mountains, the Ural River, the Caspian Sea, the Caucasus region and the Black Sea to the southeast...

an, Iranian
Iranian peoples
The Iranian people or Iranic peoples are a historical ethnic-linguistic group, forming a branch of Indo-European peoples, living mainly on the Iranian plateau and beyond in central, southern, and southwestern Asia and southeastern Europe...

, and Indo-Aryan
Indo-Aryans
Indo-Aryan is an ethno-linguistic term referring to the wide collection of peoples united as native speakers of the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-Iranian family of Indo-European languages. Today, there are over one billion native speakers of Indo-Aryan languages, most of them native to South Asia,...

peoples. The ethnic group composed of the Proto-Indo-Europeans
Proto-Indo-Europeans
The Proto-Indo-Europeans were the speakers of the Proto-Indo-European language , a reconstructed prehistoric language.Knowledge of them comes chiefly from the linguistic reconstruction, along with material evidence from archaeology and archaeogenetics...

and their modern descendants was termed the Aryans.

The Aryans migrated from India to all over world.. he he he :yahoo: :yahoo::police:

Good read

Aryan race: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

Sachar committee report says " Most of the Muslim converted from lower Hindu cast, They inherited the poverty, so they required privilege of Reservation"

and the above article says that Upper caste of Hyderabad have closer DNA matching to INDO-europian Aryans... Than lower caste.. So if Any muslim says that They are aryan, read these two lines in conjunction...

Regs

I am from Pakistan. My country is located in the continent of Asia, so when I am asked this question I reply with Asia. Asia has always been the most diverse continent in terms of races at least. I mean there are over two thousand languages spoken in the African continent, but that's a different matter. Asia has had Sycthians, Huns, Mongols, Turks, Cossaks,Chinese, Persians, ect. On the topic of the word Orient, I believe all of the countries that include the Silk Road would be referred to as the Orient.

I am from Pakistan. My country is located in the continent of Asia, so when I am asked this question I reply with Asia. Asia has always been the most diverse continent in terms of races at least. I mean there are over two thousand languages spoken in the African continent, but that's a different matter. Asia has had Sycthians, Huns, Mongols, Turks, Cossaks,Chinese, Persians, ect. On the topic of the word Orient, I believe all of the countries that include the Silk Road would be referred to as the Orient.

Agree with you, But after these many years all the races have mixed in such way, that its impossible to define one as of any particular race...

Isn't it....

Whats up with this Aryan race thing? I see discussion on the race on every other thread now.

Whats the Charm? Did Aryans flew? Did they have four eyes? Two D**ks? Whaat?

Whats up with this Aryan race thing? I see discussion on the race on every other thread now.

hahahaha....Exactly.

Even I am not getting this Aryan fixation among some people even after reading a dozen thread and more than 300 pages of discussion. :frown:

Its a lame attempt to prove they are better than others because of their birth lineage and not by what they do now.

Back
Top Bottom