What's new

Dismantling Global White Privilege

Lots of Indians change their names in the West. Case in point, Nikki Haley or Sunny Leone etc.
Nikki and Sunny are Indian names also, only the spellings may be anglicised. You can count such names in fingertips, but almost every single Chinese seem to take anglo names. This phenomenon is not seen even within other east Asian like Japanese or Korean.
Also you will see Indians comfortably sporting saree or even dhoti abroad. Can you say the same for the other?

Nikki and Sunny are Indian names also, only the spellings may be anglicised.

May or may not be common Indian names (I wouldn't know) but the purpose of the name change is to gain better acceptance among Westerners and not sound like an alien immigrant. That's the same reason some East Asians adopt Western names.

May or may not be common Indian names (I wouldn't know) but the purpose of the name change is to gain better acceptance among Westerners and not sound like an alien immigrant. That's the same reason some East Asians adopt Western names.
Don't club East Asian. Japanese, Korea n, viets are much more comfortable with their identity. You just described White worship.
Do you see Muslims migrants rushing to take White names " To gain better acceptance " ? I don't

That's the point you are missing. There was no fight for independence. British left ALL their colonies after WW2, not only India, without any fight anywhere. It was the War (Germans & Japanese) that weakened the British, not Indians or people of other British colonies.

The point is Indians were fighting for partial independence since 1900s (before WWI) and complete Independence since 1930s.

Indian soldiers fought for the British in WWI as British promised Independence if Indian soldiers helped in WW I but British changed their stance after the WW I.

This was the reason why Indian Congress declared complete Independence movement in 1930,

Indians did not help British in WW II instead started Quit India movement with in India in 1942 and launched an attack on the British from the outside using Indian National Army with the help of the Japanese from 1942-1945.

After the WW II ended Indian naval soldiers started revolting in 1946.

The fact is many British colonies got their Independence 10-20 years after India gained her independence in 1947.

1946 naval mutiny: When Indian sailors rose in revolt against the Raj​

The 1946 naval mutiny came at a time when the Indian nationalist sentiment had reached fever pitch across the country.​

By: Explained Desk | New Delhi |
Updated: February 19, 2020 10:36:03 am
1946 naval mutiny: When Indian sailors rose in revolt against the Raj
1946 naval mutiny: It is estimated that over 220 people died in police firing, while roughly 1,000 were injured. (Twitter/@Advaidism)
Seventy-four years ago on this date, on February 18, 1946, some 1,100 Indian sailors or “ratings” of the HMIS Talwar and the Royal Indian Navy (RIN) Signal School in Bombay declared a hunger strike, triggered by the conditions and treatment of Indians in the Navy. A “slow down” the strike was also called, which meant that the ratings would carry out their duties slowly.
Infuriated, the commander of HMIS Talwar, F M King, reportedly addressed the naval ratings as “sons of coolies and bitches”, which inflamed the situation further.

1946 naval mutiny: Strike and demands​

The morning after February 18, somewhere between 10,000-20,000 sailors joined the strike, as did shore establishments in Karachi, Madras, Calcutta, Mandapam, Visakhapatnam, and the Andaman Islands.

While the immediate trigger was the demand for better food and working conditions, the agitation soon turned into a wider demand for independence from British rule.
The protesting sailors demanded the release of all political prisoners including those from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s Indian National Army (INA), action against the commander for ill-treatment and using insulting language, revision of pay and allowances to put RIN employees on a par with their counterparts in the Royal Navy, demobilisation of RIN personnel with provisions for peacetime employment, release of Indian forces stationed in Indonesia, and better treatment of subordinates by their officers.
The headline of Hindusthan Standard on February 22, 1946. (Twitter/@Advaidism)
📢 Express Explained is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@ieexplained) and stay updated with the latest

1946 navy mutiny: Upsurge of nationalism​

The RIN strike came at a time when the Indian nationalist sentiment had reached fever pitch across the country. The winter of 1945-46 saw three violent upsurges: in Calcutta in November 1945 over the INA trials; in February 1946, also in Calcutta, over the sentencing of INA officer Rashid Ali; and, in that same month, the ratings’ uprising in Bombay.
In his short book, ‘The Indian Naval Report of 1946′, Percy S Gourgey, a former lieutenant of the Royal Indian Naval Volunteer Reserve, wrote that the chain of events led to the “mounting fever of excitement affecting the whole political climate”.
One of the triggers for the RIN strike was the arrest of a rating, BC Dutt, who had scrawled “Quit India” on the HMIS Talwar. The day after the strike began, the ratings went around Bombay in lorries, waving the Congress flag, and getting into scraps with Europeans and policemen who tried to confront them.
Soon, ordinary people joined the ratings, and life came to a virtual standstill in both Bombay and Calcutta. There were meetings, processions, strikes, and hartals. In Bombay, labourers participated in a general strike called by the Communist Party of India and the Bombay Students’ Union. In many cities across India, students boycotted classes in solidarity.
Opinion | The RIN mutiny did not fit into any blueprint for the future; the pity of it is that the blueprint has even less space for such acts of insurrection now
The response of the state was brutal. It is estimated that over 220 people died in police firing, while roughly 1,000 were injured.
HMIS Akbar. (Source: Wikipedia)

Significance of the events​

The RIN revolt remains a legend today. It was an event that strengthened further the determination among all sections of the Indian people to see the end of British rule. Deep solidarity and amity among religious groups was in evidence, which appeared to run counter to the rapidly spreading atmosphere of commuanal hatred and animosity.

However, communal unity was more in the nature of organisational unity than a unity among the two major communities. Within months, India was to be devoured by a terrible communal conflagration.

Don't club East Asian. Japanese, Korea n, viets are much more comfortable with their identity. You just described White worship.
Do you see Muslims migrants rushing to take White names " To gain better acceptance " ? I don't

I'm not defending the name change, I don't have any opinion on it. Just showing you the mirror, it's not like Indians don't do the same.
I knew a guy called Suraj who identified himself as Sarge because Suraj sounds like cancer to Western ears.

Indian soldiers fought for the British in WWI as British promised Independence if Indian soldiers helped in WW I but British changed their stance after the WW I.

This was the reason why Indian Congress declared complete Independence movement in 1930,

That's nonsense hogwash. Why then did Indian soldiers fight for British to crush the 1867 Mughal led rebellion? Promise of independence? For Indians it was always an honor to serve the British army. Their families and villages were proud of the boys fighting for gora Queen.

1946 naval mutiny: When Indian sailors rose in revolt against the Raj​

There were numerous mutinies even after India's independence. A munity is not a war, it's just an uprising of disgruntled soldiers against their superiors for lack of pay/food/whatever. Now you are truly clutching at straws!

Last edited:
I would say, on the ground level Indians are more proud of their religion, culture, civilisation and language than the average Chinese. So it would be a good thing for Chinese to be more humble on this.
Just for example, Indians in the West whether floor moppers Or CEOs of mega companies invariably keep their Indian names. Chinese rush to give themselves Western names. For that matter even Chinese in their own land will trade their culture for financial considerations eg Sabrina Wangzhou, Jack Ma, Jet Li, Jacky Chan. You won't find a single Indian in India renaming themselves this way even though they be mired in poverty.
Indians who settled as coolies abroad in the past, in South America, Caribbean, SEA, still maintain their own names, religion and language. Chinese coolies who settled abroad have forsaken everything and today are barely recognisable .
You see the profile pic of member @ hamartia antidote which he deliberately put to spite you? You will never find a website or any organization within ( or without) India that openly solicits whites to dally, and hopefully marry, Indian girls.( such shameful ads are seen in Thailand and Philippines also).
Similarly re dress, culture, tradition Chinese have copied the Whites way more than the Indian.
This is not meant to say Indians doesn't have this weakness. Just that pots shouldn't call the kettle black.
I find this comment very.... western pov.

Why would you measure chinese based on immigrants? all immigrants tries to fit in the foreign land where they migrate. Indian ceos has Indian names because it's a legal hassle to change their old Indian origin names and they are too desi and shy to adopt foreign names,and there's factor of religion,their children however might be different ,or not. Jack Ma isn't a legal name ,simply foreign adoption. There are plenty of Chinese in a foreign place with Chinese name,more will be in the future as Chinese nationalism and pride rises.

You say India doesn't have sites or websites to solicit whites,but India is a backward religious nation, no whites or blacks are coming therein to solicit anybody.
Hamartia antidote is just a sezpentza fanboy , what else did you expect?He likes to live in his bubble.

You say Chinese have copied the Whites way more than the Indian in dress, culture, tradition ,which is quite misleading .
China has kept their language,food ,confucian social system and vehemently opposed any form of occupation or superimposition by the British or any foreign entities ,meanwhile India conformed and accommodated to the British and turned an ally of the west.India is anglicized to the brim. Indians view world from a western lens ,chinese view the world from a completely different lens,in a confucian version of world.

Last edited:
I find this comment very.... western pov.

Why would you measure chinese based on immigrants? all immigrants tries to fit in the foreign land where they migrate. Indians ceos has Indian names because it's a legal hassle to change their old Indian origin names and they are too desi and shy to adopt foreign names,and there's factor of religion,their children however might be different ,or not. Jack Ma isn't a legal name simply foreign adoption. There are plenty of Chinese in a foreign place with Chinese name,more will be in the future as Chinese nationalism and pride rises.

You say India doesn't have sites or websites to solicit whites,but India is a backward religious nation, no whites or blacks are coming therein to solicit anybody.
Hamartia antidote is just a sezpentza fanboy , what else did you expect?He likes to live in his bubble.

You say Chinese have copied the Whites way more than the Indian in dress, culture, tradition . Which is quite misleading .
China has kept their language,food ,confusion social system and vehemently opposed any form of occupation or superimposition by the British or any foreign entities ,meanwhile India conformed and accommodated to the British and turned an ally of the west.India is anglicized to the brim. Indians view world from a western lens ,chinese view the world from a completely different lens,in a confucian version of world.

Very well said.

If white privilege was real, Pakistani's in America wouldn't have a higher median income than white people in America

Nikki and Sunny are Indian names also, only the spellings may be anglicised. You can count such names in fingertips, but almost every single Chinese seem to take anglo names. This phenomenon is not seen even within other east Asian like Japanese or Korean.
Also you will see Indians comfortably sporting saree or even dhoti abroad. Can you say the same for the other?
Just look at LinkedIn for any western engineering company. Most Chinese from China have Chinese names. It is true that many Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, Malaysians and Singaporeans have English names though. Jacky Chan is HKer, Jet Li is Singaporean. Only Jack Ma from your list is mainland Chinese, but he was an English teacher before becoming a CEO.

Btw is Bobby as in Bobby Jindal a traditional Indian name straight out of Vedic scripture?

And how come many Indians speak English to each other in everyday life despite it being a second language for both?

Just look at LinkedIn for any western engineering company. Most Chinese from China have Chinese names. It is true that many Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, Malaysians and Singaporeans have English names though. Jacky Chan is HKer, Jet Li is Singaporean. Only Jack Ma from your list is mainland Chinese, but he was an English teacher before becoming a CEO.

Btw is Bobby as in Bobby Jindal a traditional Indian name straight out of Vedic scripture?

And how come many Indians speak English to each other in everyday life despite it being a second language for both?
Most Chinese are born with Chinese names and Chinese government insists on using the PinYin version of them on Chinese passports. That will remain until they change their nationality, which may take many years. By then, their lives would have been fully established and changing names would seem to be an unnecessary hassle. Even then, many of them use unofficial English names in their work places.

Most Chinese are born with Chinese names and Chinese government insists on using the PinYin version of them on Chinese passports. That will remain until they change their nationality, which may take many years. By then, their lives would have been fully established and changing names would seem to be an unnecessary hassle. Even then, many of them use unofficial English names in their work places.
Uh yes, that does not change anything I said. The end result is the same. Thanks for agreeing with me.

It also isn't unique.

Taiwanese government doesn't write out romanized Chinese names? Singaporean? Hong Kong? Malaysian?

Do you use English name?

Which doesn't make sense because an average Saudi or UAE looks like Indian from Uttar Pradesh.

More Pakistani/Afghani than Indian or Bengali, but i have seen some Emiratis look Indian but that's because they have Indian ancestry

can you show me what a typical person from uttar pradesh looks like ?

More Pakistani/Afghani than Indian or Bengali, but i have seen some Emiratis look Indian but that's because they have Indian ancestry

can you show me what a typical person from uttar pradesh looks like ?

1643829192346.png

1643829390897.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom