What's new

Discuss best ways to develop Bangladesh

Rabindranath threw his Knighthood back to the British!

How is Ek Ratri a tribute to the continuation of the British Raj?

Thakur claimed that he gave this up KNIGHT title after the Jalianwalabagh killing but his books published after that date were seen with SIR title in front of Rabindranath Tagore : Link

Thakur claimed that he gave this up KNIGHT title after the Jalianwalabagh killing but his books published after that date were seen with SIR title in front of Rabindranath Tagore : Link

You again! Last time you claimed Tagore referred Muslims as Yaban, Mlechchho; little did you know it was actually Bankim who did that in his novel Anondomoth. What do you have against Rabindra Nath Tagore? :/

And google search isn't considered as valid source!

Tagore was anti Muslim; those who deny this are in a state of denial. :hitwall:

Hindus led by Rabindranath Tagore opposed establishment of Dhaka University from 1911-1921 but failed :yahoo:

In his own words, "Musulman ra chasha bushar jat, tader abar universitiir dorkar ki?" :sick:

Tagore vehemently opposed the creation of a university at Dhaka. He also opposed the Partion of Bengal during 1905 and 1911 which was in favor of Muslims.

He opposed the idea of a university in East Bengal as this would educate his Muslim projas, who would one day question the highhandedness of the Hindu zamindar-bhadralok-mahajan classes.

He attended a meeting at Garer Math (Calcutta) and by put his signature on a petition to the Government to drop the idea of establishing a university in Dhaka.:tdown:

The main reason for his opposition to a separate province of Eastern Bengal & Assam because he feared losing out his zamindari estates in East Bengal, legal profession and jobs eventually to the majority Muslim community.

Calcutta based babu did not want another High Court in Dhaka, let alone another university to produce East Bengali Muslim graduates to compete in the shrinking job market, legal profession and in the arena of politics.

You again! Last time you claimed Tagore referred Muslims as Yaban, Mlechchho; little did you know it was actually Bankim who did that in his novel Anondomoth. What do you have against Rabindra Nath Tagore? :/

And google search isn't considered as valid source!

Off-topic:
mmm...You know Kazi Nazrul Islam was not exactly a Bangladeshi, but actually an Indian. The man was made the national poet of Bangladesh for reasons.

The man used to live in a tiny room back in Culcutta, with no savings and little food. He was on the verge of poverty.

When he came to Bangladesh, things turned out rather well for him. A big house with a large garden, good food, nice car, etc.

I barely ever hear of the man in Zee Bangla or any Indian media for that matter. Yet a lot about Tagore. And that explains quite a lot.

And if you lot were honest, ye would not consider Kazi Nazrul Islam as an icon in India. He really wasn't and isn't. So please, save us from the propaganda, and really just forget about him as your folks really did abandon him. He is OUR icon.

Even though I am not a great fan of Bengali literature, poetry and music, I am glad a talented and deserving man like Kazi Nazrul Islam got what he deserved in the end :tup:

Not being a pushover, just stating the truth.

Bangladesh

Population
below poverty line 30%

Unemployment 5.1%

India

Population
below poverty line 37%

Unemployment 9.4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you to quote an irrelevant magazine?
We could have written an article on how US is another failed state
for bringing the world almost at the corner of extinction.
Though that does not count isn't it.....

And the also the fact about state sanctioned riots in India,
doesn't look at all gr8 to me..

Never mind this troller. He's been trolling and spewing hatred towards every neighbouring country. Going thru his previous posts, I don't think we should take him very seriously.

"Musulman ra chasha bushar jat, tader abar universitiir dorkar ki?"

He really said that?

That apart:

I agree that not all and sundry can understand the books of Tagore.

It sure requires education and a feel of the then contemporary times.

Bhutan that wasteland is no.50?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
A satellite/client state of India with with no resources
Bunch of illiterate tribals flying kytes
no infrastructure to speak of
that would make it barely civilized :tdown:
That list is complete BS

Have you been to Bhutan?

Wasteland?

Barely civilised?

I think you should visit in your next reincarnation!

Tagore was anti Muslim; those who deny this are in a state of denial. :hitwall:

Hindus led by Rabindranath Tagore opposed establishment of Dhaka University from 1911-1921 but failed :yahoo:

In his own words, "Musulman ra chasha bushar jat, tader abar universitiir dorkar ki?" :sick:

Tagore vehemently opposed the creation of a university at Dhaka. He also opposed the Partion of Bengal during 1905 and 1911 which was in favor of Muslims.

He opposed the idea of a university in East Bengal as this would educate his Muslim projas, who would one day question the highhandedness of the Hindu zamindar-bhadralok-mahajan classes.

He attended a meeting at Garer Math (Calcutta) and by put his signature on a petition to the Government to drop the idea of establishing a university in Dhaka.:tdown:

The main reason for his opposition to a separate province of Eastern Bengal & Assam because he feared losing out his zamindari estates in East Bengal, legal profession and jobs eventually to the majority Muslim community.

Calcutta based babu did not want another High Court in Dhaka, let alone another university to produce East Bengali Muslim graduates to compete in the shrinking job market, legal profession and in the arena of politics.

Thank you for the post. :)

Unfortunately pride less Bangladeshi still consider him Guru. I despise them fools. His work should be banned and "amar Sonar Bangla" should be replaced with a song that only represent Bangladesh and it's culture. I believe it will be done sometime in future InshAllah.. :tup:

I think the only way Bangladesh can find a suitable anthem to change it national anthem is from a poem from Kazi Nazrul, who is now taken as their Poet Laureate.

But then some people might find it offensive because he was born an Indian and lived an Indian but loaned to Bangladesh to give it some status and sheen!

Have you been to Bhutan?

Wasteland?

Barely civilised?

I think you should visit in your next reincarnation!

The guy is just hallucinating if he thinks that Bhutan is just a wasteland. Parts of Bhutan can even give Switzerland some serious competition. Alas,too much Phensedyl can cause serious problems.

He really said that?

It's a very well known Tagore quote in Bangladesh
We learned it in our school and our teachers confirmed it

If you don't wanna believe, read the bold part below
It reflects the perception Calcutta babus had of east Bengali Muslim = chasha bushar jat

From Banglapedia

Many Hindu leaders were not happy with the government's intention to set up a university at Dhaka. On February 16, 1912, a delegation headed by advocate Dr Rash Bihari Ghosh, met the viceroy and expressed the apprehension that the establishment of a separate university at Dhaka would promote 'an internal partition of Bengal'. They also contended, as was recorded in the Calcutta University Commission report later, that "Muslims of Eastern Bengal were in large majority cultivators and they would benefit in no way by the foundation of a university".

Banglapedia is the Gospel?

I wonder if the quote is pure Moonshine!

Newly independent countries require to reinvent history to give them a background.

As time passes, distortions become the truth!'

Nothing unusual.

These Babus were complete loosers. All of them owned (by licking british boots) Jamindari in Estern Bengal and having a lavish life in Calcutta. They were always afraid of Muslim rennassaince in Estern Bengal and eventually loosing their free money.

I am glad that they were treated well after 1947 and kicked out of the land that they never deserve.

Thank you for the post. :)

Unfortunately pride less Bangladeshi still consider him Guru. I despise them fools. His work should be banned and "amar Sonar Bangla" should be replaced with a song that only represent Bangladesh and it's culture. I believe it will be done sometime in future InshAllah.. :tup:

@ The situation and circumstances under which "Amar Sonar Bangla" was written was completely different. Once British partitioned the Bengal province making Dacca as cipital it was not at all liked by the Hindu Babu of Calcatta. Moreso since the Zamindary of Tagore was located in East Bengal(Atri area-Nator) he was afraid that if might be in danger. That is why while visiting at Atri he wrote this poem probably in 1906 /1907. Soon he gave support to two terrorist organisation called , "Onushilon and Jugantar" and it was believd that some of the money he got from Nobel prize was donated/transfered to these two organisation. Khudiram was the member of these "Onushilon and Jugantar". Once the "Boro Lath" was visiting at Bogra this Khudiram exploded bomb at Bogra but unfortunately the some British District officials died and as such he was caught and hanged. And soon the famous song, " Ekbar bidai de ma ghure ashi" was written and widely publicised in Bengal.

@ I am not saying that our National Anthem should be changed at once but it should be widely discussed under what circumstances it was made our National Anthem and what was its invisible aim. Who proposed it and who implemented it. Was it made to inspire the theme of "Apar Bangla-Opar Bangla" ? Does the Indian Central Govt understants the inner vision of it or just to insper the people of Bangladesh to join with West Bengal and be part of greater Indian union ?

Back
Top Bottom