What's new

Discrimination against Baloch to be eliminated: PM

Pak Army determined to promote education in Balochistan: Kayani

QUETTA, June 7 (APP) - Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani said here on Monday that Pak Army was wholeheartedly assisting Balochistan government to promote education in the province.He was talking to the parents of the students during his visitat a Chamalang boy’s hostel established by Pak Army for the youth ofBalcohistan Commander Southern Command Lieutenant General Javed Zia and other officials were also present on the occasion.

“Keeping in view the backwardness of the Balochistan, Pak Army is determined to help out the province by providing assistance in various fields including education”, he said.
He noted that measures were being placed for the boost up of the education sector of the province, adding army was providing all possible financial support to the poor competent youth hailing from far-flung areas of Balochistan for studying in standard educational institutes in the country.
About 350 students are currently housed in the Chamalang boy’s hostel so far and Army would incur all expenditure for the completion of their studies, Army Chief maintained.

He urged the parents to cooperate with the Army and send their children in such institutions which would yield positive result on the overall development of the province, besides it would also improve the life standard of the people of Balcohistan.

Discrimination against Baloch
I think Baloch would be the last people in Pakistan who face discrimination.
Pakistanis have a bad habit. We cannot think above ethnicity. I am from Quetta. I have not seen the "Ethnics Differences" like in Quetta any where else in Pakistan. Mostly, Punjabi are at the receiving end. And in there dictionary, who ever is not Balochi is Punjabi (that includes Kashmiri and Urdu Speaking people as well)

Back
Top Bottom