What's new

Discrimination against Baloch to be eliminated: PM

Ahmad

Reaction score
QUETTA: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Monday stated that the government was making all possible efforts to eliminate the sense of alienation found among the people of Balochistan.

Addressing the Staff College in Quetta, Gilani said he will visit the province’s most deprived areas during his next visit and will make sure that discrimination against the Baloch people is eliminated.

“Extremism and terrorism are the main challenges for the government at this point. The terrorists want Pakistan to become a failed state but their designs will be fought through democracy,” he added.

He further said that the restoration of levies was a provincial issue in which the federal government will not interfere.

Regarding Pakistan’s relations with its neighbours, Gilani said that “Pakistan enjoys peaceful relations with its neighbours, including India…a sovereign Afghanistan is in the interest of Pakistan.”

This is news to me!
Present Baloch govt. does not hier non Balochi in any sort of jobs. They do not grant equal rights to non Baloch as they do enjoy in rest of Pakistan.
Since recently, Baloch govt. is also challenging the center in taking over issues of national importance.
Baloch govt. has no right in denyin firing range to PAF and treating Pak army as an army of another state while hijacking projects of national level.

Since when Afghan got so interested in Balauch affairs? historically it is indians and israelis!

Yes exactly BATMAN, baloch Govt is acting like afghan govt. Extremely bad attitude to even people even from N.W.F.P
I was surprised to hear PPP govt started funding bugti family for the gas, its a national asset not baloch asset, tomorrow punjab or Sindh will stop supply of certain resources under the pretext of provincial person assets this is really bad sign for a nation its like everyone is on their own.

Yes exactly BATMAN, baloch Govt is acting like afghan govt. Extremely bad attitude to even people even from N.W.F.P
I was surprised to hear PPP govt started funding bugti family for the gas, its a national asset not baloch asset, tomorrow punjab or Sindh will stop supply of certain resources under the pretext of provincial person assets this is really bad sign for a nation its like everyone is on their own.

Then where is Provincial Autonomy ?

This is what is cooking in all of the provinces. Provincial autonomy is a big fat debate, but i would still stress Federal Govt must keep a check and have share of it for the rest of provinces. Now imagine tomorrow Baluchistan says gawadar and its profits only for baloch people even though the massive investment is done by federal govt. This goes for all the provinces that is federal govt has to keep a check.

Since when Afghan got so interested in Balauch affairs? historically it is indians and israelis!

What a pathetic statement from you!! Havent you all discused everything about my country? havnet most of you even irresponsibly bashed different ethnics of my country for no reasons? Havent most you publicly supported violence in my country? Not many of you have even expressed sorrow for the deaths of my people by the Taliban, all you could do was to score a point if there was any death due to the Nato fire power. This is a public forum, i am a member of this forum just like you and we have both the same rights to discuse anything we want.

I would dare to object with respect.

This punjabi chauvinism has to end so that all federating units can prosper.

The natural resources of Balochistan only and only belong to Balochs and nobody else. They must have every right to charge whatever prices they like for supply of these resources to other provinces.

And; don't forget that the founding fathers of Pakistan had clearly declared that that Pakistan would not have strong federal control; instead Pakistan would be a federal republic with only loose control.

I think that the debacle of 1971 has taught us no lesson whatsoever. We are still neck-deep in NAIVETY.

Pakistan is not to be centered on a few government ministries located only in Islamabad/Rawalpindi. Every one is STAKEHOLDER and DECISION MAKER.

The concept of UNITY OF COMMAND is only and only appropriate for the military. Countries can't be run like military organizations. It is doomed to fail as it did in 1971.

It is always easy to have a DICTATORIAL and CENTRAL CONTROL but such a system will never be sustainable.

I know that COLLECTIVE DECISION MAKING is always going to be more difficult.

Having said that, we are talking about our country and we need to run it by the MOST APPROPRIATE WAY rather than the the EASIEST WAY.

The correct way is always going to be more difficult. No SHORT-CUTS

SS..The natural resources of Baluchistan only and only belong to Balochs and nobody else. They must have every right to charge whatever prices they like for supply of these resources to other provinces.

Than other provinces would do the same and than enjoy the 71" situation. Federal Govt will keep things in check and in every project of national interest and national level automatically Federal Govt would have the share for rest of the provinces and for Pakistan. I am not saying Fed Govt takes over the projects and control of provincial resources instead Fed Govt would be part of it to save guard. You may not agree with me but at this time there is no immediate solution resolution to what balouchistan wants neither can all demands be fulfilled.

And nobody is saying those people in control of govt should make money out of it for themselves, i and you and others want fair election with a best governance delivered to Pakistan.

SS..The natural resources of Baluchistan only and only belong to Balochs and nobody else. They must have every right to charge whatever prices they like for supply of these resources to other provinces.

Than other provinces would do the same and than enjoy the 71" situation. Federal Govt will keep things in check and in every project of national interest and national level automatically Federal Govt would have the share for rest of the provinces and for Pakistan. I am not saying Fed Govt takes over the projects and control of provincial resources instead Fed Govt would be part of it to save guard. You may not agree with me but at this time there is no immediate solution resolution to what balouchistan wants neither can all demands be fulfilled.

And nobody is saying those people in control of govt should make money out of it for themselves, i and you and others want fair election with a best governance delivered to Pakistan.

You know Sir, when the word "NATIONAL INTEREST" is abused in the favor of an ethnic majority, it creates HATRED against:
1. That particular majority
2. The state
3. The different institutions of the state including the Armed Forces

Lets be frank.
If I am exploited in the name of national interest; then, I will most certainly rebel against the very state and SEEK THE HELP OF ENEMIES.

In such a hypothetical scenario, you should not blame me for siding with RAW. (Research and Analysis Wing)

I may be declared a TRAITOR but remember that one's PATRIOTISM is contingent on PROTECTION OF ONE'S RIGHTS.

When was there any discrimination in the first place?

Theres no target killings in Punjab. Baloch are welcomed to work, study, and live all over Punjab as other citizens of Pakistan while if a Punjabi even visits Balochistan he is killed.

Baloch are the most racist people in Pakistan. Thank Allah Almighty that Baloch are the smallest ethnic group.

When was there any discrimination in the first place?

Theres no target killings in Punjab. Baloch are welcomed to work, study, and live all over Punjab as other citizens of Pakistan while if a Punjabi even visits Balochistan he is killed.

Baloch are the most racist people in Pakistan. Thank Allah Almighty that Baloch are the smallest ethnic group.

Why would there be target killings in Punjab? Punjabis are the majority and they control this country.

Sir, this is the real problem. We fail to recognize the PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES facing Balochs.

I once met a baloch and he told me that ALLAMA IQBAL is not my poet so whay we baloch are being forced to recognize him as a spiritual leader.

Though, his words were harsh but they were no doubt true. Baloch have a UNIQUE CULTURAL, LINGUISTIC, and RACIAL IDENTITY.

That identity must be respected and any attempt to erase it in the name of so-called NATIONAL INTEREST will back-fire.

We have a choice. Accept a baloch not accepting Allama Iqbal or a baloch killing a non-baloch.

Make your decision.

Please read the textbooks of organizational behavior.

There "was" a word "melting pot" which meant that all cultural and other differences were to be eliminated just like several substances would merge into a common substance when they are melted.

This word has been "replaced" by "A culture where such differences are respected and recognized by all".

Please, don't force people into the melting pot; it will never work.

The most BURNING QUESTION for me is "Who will define what is National Interest ?"

Is it going to be you, me, General Kiyani, civil bureacracy, politicians or someone else?

Or

Is it going to be decided with COLLECTIVE WISDOM while taking care of the MINORITY STAKEHOLDERS?

We all have to accept that we have a hardcore DICTATORIAL MINDSET which manifests itself in our homes, workplaces, discussion boards etc.

Democracy is not only a system of governance based on electoral process; it is a MINDSET, an IDEOLOGY and a WAY OF LIFE.

When we openly donot tolerate others, we should not accept the country to flourish.

We have to accept that real democracy is essential for a multi-ethnic society.

Balochs must be handed over not only the royalties but also the CONTROL-VALVES of the gas pipelines to encourage their participation in decision making and attachment to the state.

Back
Top Bottom