What's new

Diplomat arrest: US has no plans to drop charges against Khobragade Washington

then i must say that you are mere speculating on the fact that she might have committed a crime knowingly or unknowingly just like those buffoons of the Hindustan Times......

don't bother with Hindustan times , their comment section is heavily controlled , they don't authorize comments which support the diplomats case ....

@Mike_Brando ^^^ I wouldn't call the posters on Hindustaintimes buffoons. After all, these are your countrymen. At least Hindustan Times is much much much more reliable than say India Times?

India has hundreds if not thousands of more capable and honest Public Prosecutors who are much more qualified and hardworking than Mr.Bharara.....

Yeah, right. You wish. It ain't so Mr. Brando. Just ask all the women who are raped and left at the side of the road by Indian justice.

Preet barara is boot licking Bstrd... Leave about the case aside.. He commented against Indian Judiciary system and Laws.... US is becoming moron day by day... by tapping every one calls and emails etc... and now they directly involved to escape Sageetha husband while the charges against her filed months ago....

@Mike_Brando ^^^ I wouldn't call the posters on Hindustaintimes buffoons. After all, these are your countrymen. At least Hindustan Times is much much much more reliable than say India Times?

Buffoon is you... and for underpaying maids, what is the need to do cavity search... isn't that atrocity...
Yeah, right. You wish. It ain't so Mr. Brando. Just ask all the women who are raped and left at the side of the road by Indian justice.

Well you should ask millions of souls then....who been killed by US war mongering...

Coming from a country who is top rank when it comes to Rapes . you love to blame others but hate it when your own bubbles are blown .
Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Every 2 minutes, another American is sexually assaulted.

Here's the math. According to the U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey --there is an average of 237,868 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year.

There are 525,600 minutes in a non-leap year. That makes 31,536,000 seconds/year. So, 31,536,000 divided by 237,868 comes out to 1 sexual assault every 133 seconds, or about 1 every 2 minutes.[

1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).1

17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.1

9 of every 10 rape victims were female in 2003.

Children

15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.3
29% are age 12-17.
44% are under age 18.3
80% are under age 30.3
12-34 are the highest risk years.
Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.

jailed-rapists.jpg

46% of rapists who were released from prison were re-arrested within 3 years of their release for another crime.4
18.6% for a violent offense.
14.8% for a property offense.
11.2% for a drug offense.
20.5% for a public-order offense.

84767 rapes happened in 2010 in America compared to 22172 in India , now do take a notice the population difference between America and India . and no....More rapes are also reported in India than America

Pathetic Ignoramus narrow minded Americans love to laugh at the troubles of another country but don't bother looking at the rape fest which happens in their own country

in my opinion, the US did the worst thing, the maid incident at most is a personal dispute, it's serious but more on a personal side of things. Did the Americans not know their diplomat was gay and didn't know Indian law?

This is America I know, they look down on everybody, the Indian diplomat was wrong, but was it that wrong, and was there a danger of flight? They couldn't have just took the maid into custody and then summon the diplomat for some questions later?

A more serious question would be, if this had been a American businessman, would they have done the same?

They had to make a scene.

Even if it was murder, certain things are different, diplomats are not a person, they represent a country. Even if the country was New Zealand you can't just humiliate them like that.

But then again, they know nobody could do anything to them economically, or militarily. America impose sanctions, it doesn't receive it.

The problem is that the west is united, whether it is US or Europe, Asians are not. I am seeing in many threads that you are asking for cooperation & friendship between India & China, it is a very good idea, in fact such friendship should have happened naturally, since we both were victims of the similar oppression by the west. But unfortunately the stronger China is becoming, the more it is behaving like USA, same bullying, same arrogance. At least we don't share a disputed border with US.

After seeing many American members posts... I find one thing...double standard... The guy Raymond who killed two innocent people got full immunity... and US never let pakistan take action... But for underpay allegation they did cavity search.. How come the criminal Raymond got immunity...

Seems this was all due to a spat of India not agrreeing to grant visa to gay partners of us diplomats.
IFS officer denies visa to spouse of gay American diplomat, moved out - Indian Express

A senior IFS officer was shifted from the MEA's passport and visa division this week for refusing a visa to the spouse of a gay American diplomat on the ground that such marriages are not legal in India.

Incidentally, the officer, Neena Malhotra, who was joint secretary in the division, was fined $1.5 million by a New York court in 2011 in a controversial maid abuse case when she was a counsellor in the Indian consulate there. She has appealed against the verdict but has not been travelling to the US.

MEA sources said the American diplomat, who was posted with USAID in Islamabad, applied for a diplomatic visa for his spouse following his transfer to New Delhi.

Malhotra, they said, refused to clear the visa application as gay marriages are not legal in India and the diplomat's spouse could not be IFS officer denies visa to partner of gay diplomat, is moved out granted a diplomatic visa and recognised as a spouse in India.

A senior official in the MEA's Americas division suggested that although there is no rule in India to give visa to a gay couple, the diplomat's partner could be given visa as a family member as it had been done in the past.

Special secretary in-charge of Administration, P S Raghavan, is said to have supported this and wrote to Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh seeking her intervention.

When it was suggested the diplomat couple be given an entry visa, Malhotra is said to have agreed saying the visa application should be referred to the home ministry and she would give her no-objection letter.

With the issue making no headway, Malhotra was shifted out to the relatively low-key archives and record management division.

MEA officials, however, denied any link between the transfer and the visa case.

After seeing many American members posts... I find one thing...double standard... The guy Raymond who killed two innocent people got full immunity... and US never let pakistan take action... But for underpay allegation they did cavity search.. How come the criminal Raymond got immunity...

US can't prosecute her also after the transfer, they are getting to taste their own medicine, but apology is a must.

US can't prosecute her also after the transfer, they are getting to taste their own medicine, but apology is a must.

But i don't see chances getting full diplomatic immunity???

But to get full Immunity she needs permission from state department..

Now the gove has come to a point where it cannt return back, and also i dont think US will want to spoil a relationship for this,i thought their foreign policy makers are great,

Now the gove has come to a point where it cannt return back, and also i dont think US will want to spoil a relationship for this,i thought their foreign policy makers are great,

Still need UN permission later they forward to US state department...

Back
Top Bottom