What's new

Diplomat arrest: US has no plans to drop charges against Khobragade Washington

I agree with the Indians that the US will find some way to dilute the charges and the consul will escape punishment.

The India-US relationship is too important (for the US) to let this matter affect it.

The maid and her family are now free, so that will be some consolation.

I think India government miscalculation will cause the defendant to stand on trail and clear her name, India government turn this case into a world new, no one can easily back down from the case. US justice department already declared no charge drop on this case.

The maid and her family will remain permanently in the US.

We will see about that :rofl:
Its really premature to say something about it right now. So lets wait till the first half get over.Let diplomat come out then we will see what will happen. Maid is going to be pay for this.
Somebody will go to the court for contempt litigation and she will have to be returned. :rofl:

Agree. We will not allow our diplomat to be in harms way. At least when we have a strong leader. Under Obama, India might be able to get away with murdering Americans.

believe me you, Obama don't want another Libya take place under his watch and not respond with full force.

nhi crissis main mujhy adha to clear lag raha hai . because she is indian its not mean we close eye on her fault . USA is bullying i agree but lady is the one who start this mess . i think after job done india bring her home and kick her from this high value job . choti si baat ka itna bara panga bana diya
She is likely to get the worth as well but not now not here. Now is Indian face. She will face some lower value postings

You seem hell bent on proving her innocense, let me just clarify a few facts for you...

Under Bush administration U.S passed a law stating that all employers must inform the employees of minimam wages in U.S and provide them that wages, the maid obviously was not informed.

We are not discussing the actions of a maid, who is just a citizen...i am highlighting the attitude of an official who is a representative of a nation.

Her family was brought to india because there was a threat to them.
Hahaaha you kidding. Read my earlier posts - unfaithfulguy posts and you get the idea.

Right or wrong is not a question here. If she is guilty she will face things in India.
-DA violates SOP for diplomats Accepted by State department whats why regret.
- one law suit is already in india. No reason to have american court for indian crime on indian land. (contract breech )
- who the fu@k is DA to evacuate people from other countries. India isn't so barbaric kingdom where people are stoned.
- wait even DA will pay;)

What can the Indian government or particularly Congress even do in this situation, they are rendered powerless.
If they can get mileage on this issue relations with US is shit for them or anybody in power.
Now its ego-pride matter. One has to back down. And it will be the one who needs other the more. Lets see.

Last edited:
if this news is true govt must act swiftly now

this shit has been going for far too long now

What can the Indian government or particularly Congress even do in this situation, they are rendered powerless.

US military will use all mean necessary to free any US diplomat in harm way all wrongfully prosecuted after all the diplomacy front exhausted to free the US personal abroad.
Military :rofl: again !!! I thou it was faithful guy only ;)

US military can do shit till US president order them the evacuation. And last time they didn't do well in Iran did they !!!!

Wrongly !!! Its a indian law. Law of the land. And that doesn't concern if US think its wrong.
Yu live in a world of macho !!!! Its not possible. And you can run away like Pak. They didn't have power to shoot down OBL raiding party. But in this case your deltas will be attacking Indian prison. Alot of guns will open fire ;)

Military :rofl: again !!! I thou it was faithful guy only ;)

US military can do shit till US president order them the evacuation. And last time they didn't do well in Iran did they !!!!

Wrongly !!! Its a indian law. Law of the land. And that doesn't concern if US think its wrong.
Yu live in a world of macho !!!! Its not possible. And you can run away like Pak. They didn't have power to shoot down OBL raiding party. But in this case your deltas will be attacking Indian prison. Alot of guns will open fire ;)

I don't know what power trip you accused me off, all I stated US have the military mean to bring anyone safely out of danger zone.

I don't know what power trip you accused me off, all I stated US have the military mean to bring anyone safely out of danger zone.
Yes they have it now and they have it back then when they attempt to rescue Iran embassy ;) But have they power to break free the leagally jailed american from a fully funtional state !!! Do you even understand the meaning of that !!!
Did you miss the resent NSA spying episode and the reaction over the wrold. Wasnt that enough humiliation !!!

And. Whatever result it might be. You earn a potent enemy in the region where you already have a bigger enemy. Good luck with that :tup:

Yes they have. But have they power to break free the leagally jailed american from a fully funtional state !!! Do you even understand the meaning of that !!!
Did you miss the resent NSA spying episode and the reaction over the wrold. Wasnt that enough humiliation !!!

And. Whatever result it might be. You earn a potent enemy in the region where you already have a bigger enemy. Good luck with that :tup:

I'm not a military man, I don't know what kind of method the US military will use to rescue and free the US personal in foreign land, I'm sure they will do whatever need to get the jobs done right.

US immigration office can grant immigrant asylum base on political or religion prosecution one faced in their homeland. A Indian maid and her family in their US are consider legal resident under the immigrant law. She and her family not in the US as an illegal immigrant and she come in the US through the proper channel.
She has diplomatic passport. And if the said contact is said to be controversial then so is maids enrty in US.

I'm not a military man, I don't know what kind of method the US military will use to rescue and free the US personal in foreign land, I'm sure they will do whatever need to get the jobs done right.
Right !!! They are the only military in the world.

read the letter i posted in another new thread

nhi crissis main mujhy adha to clear lag raha hai . because she is indian its not mean we close eye on her fault . USA is bullying i agree but lady is the one who start this mess . i think after job done india bring her home and kick her from this high value job . choti si baat ka itna bara panga bana diya

Nhi Imran Bhai....ab toh jung honi hi hai.......

Nirupama Rao on this

1. My take on #Devyani case: firstly, the treatment meted out to her was wrong, disproportionate, and shocking in extreme. Condemnable.

Second: since she was an accredited diplomat, Embassy should have been informed about impending move to arrest her. Stealth was ill advised.

Third, the incident has created a deep crater in the bilateral relationship and we in India have reason to protest as we have done.

Fourth, the legitimate question we ask is did not the US weigh the disastrous consequences of their moves in this case?

Fifth: was the much vaunted defining partnership btw the two countries so inconsequential that US decided to treat whole case as routine?

Sixth: the relationship is now in ER. The trauma surgeons need to wake up.

Seven: we need cool thinking on both sides to defuse the situation. Tit for tat butter for fat cannot solve matters.

Eight: diplomacy can't be conducted in an amphitheater. Neither government's hand should be seen to be forced. Say no to hyperventilation.

Back
Top Bottom