What's new

Diplomat arrest: US has no plans to drop charges against Khobragade Washington

The longer this goes on, the more it showcases India's societal faults of elites v/s underprivileged, and how the government itself becomes an accomplice for the elites in harassing the poor.

It is a matter of record that, despite repeated notices by US authorities, the Indian government completely ignored the labor law violations and, instead, helped the abusive consul harass the maid.

Indian media and government are completely on the wrong side of history and, the longer this goes on, the bigger the stain on India's reputation.

I'm not South Asian origin and not too family with the India culture, all I learned India still practice caste system to marginalize the lower caste, this is a form of discrimination and practice of enslavement still going strong in India, geared it ugly head in the US and India deputy consulate think she a above the US law that brought this humiliation and criminal charge upon her. US labor law to prevent such slavery practice be prosecute to the full extend of the law allow.

2hs18y0.png

"Employer retaliation is a major risk when workers try to complain"

Ain't that the truth!

Not just the direct employer, but the whole Indian establishment has gone bonkers retaliating against the poor maid.

US might send forces to rescue them. Like what Israel did in Uganda

Operation Entebbe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are you serious!!!!:woot: Why are you comparing Indo-US relation with Israeli-Ugandan relations? India is not Uganda first of all. As far as American reaction is concerned they would never send forces. We share a multi layered diplomatic relationship with USA which sorts out each and every friction develops between the two countries. Comparing it with Israeli-Ugandan relation is simply comical :crazy:

US media can react all they want, what russia did is right,same is the case with india, anti-gay law.

I'm not disputing whether is right or wrong. but how it will be perceived here. And how Americans will react if an American is put in jail for being gay.

I'm not South Asian origin and not too family with the India culture, all I learned India still practice caste system to marginalize the lower caste, this is a form of discrimination and practice of enslavement still going strong in India, geared it ugly head in the US and India deputy consulate think she a above the US law that brought this humiliation and criminal charge upon her. US labor law to prevent such slavery practice be prosecute to the full extend of the law allow.

amen, amen, amen to your wonderful post.

The longer this goes on, the more it showcases India's societal faults of elites v/s underprivileged, and how the government itself becomes an accomplice for the elites in harassing the poor.

It is a matter of record that, despite repeated notices by US authorities, the Indian government completely ignored the labor law violations and, instead, helped the abusive consul harass the maid.
That so called elite is from the parts of so called "Dalit" fraction. That underprivileged maid didnt not even make 1/3 in India. So its a harassing to take her to Us will 300% pay !!!
RIP logic !!!!
Update yourself
- Maid is absconding with diplomatic passport.
- So she is illegally staying in US and US DA is helping her in that. What a law abiding nation !!!!
- letters published showed non US response on complaint of missing maid
- a law suit is under progress in India. So harbouring a criminal and aiding accuses to flee is a good faith !!!!

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with caste per se.

This is purely a matter of wealth/connections on one side, and a poor person on the other. The castes can even be reversed in some instances.

This happens in many societies around the world but India is digging a hole for itself by being on the wrong side of history.

So you are ready to host Russian subs in India. I thought you said that India would not allow foreigners to put bases in India. I think you should offer Americans bases in India and we might let your diplomat go.
Hahaha i was replying your imagination dumass . Wasn't it was supposed to counter delta invasion of India !!! Why am I replying you :woot: you already know that.

I don't care what India do. But you don't want the west to label India as a pariah state, would you?
Yeah go ahead do that, call us a pariah state, do we care?As if we live on the mercy of the west, whatever needed to sustain our people is grown right here in India not in west.Sorry the world has moved on from West dictating terms to other countries.

Like it said stop watching Hollywood and Rambo movies.Otherwise you will face reality as in Black hawk down in Somalia.Why am i even replying to you.:hitwall:

Operation in India is no different than operation in Panama in 1989. My question is still what could India do if we rescue our diplomat? Can India send its special force to rescue your criminal diplomat?

That so called elite is from the parts of so called "Dalit" fraction. That underprivileged maid didnt not even make 1/3 of what she got in India. So its a harassing to take her to Us will 300% pay !!!
RIP logic !!!!
Update yourself
- So she is illegally staying in US and US DA is helping her in that. What a law abiding nation !!!!
- a law suit is under progress in India. So harbouring a criminal and aiding accuses to flee is a good faith !!!!

Like I wrote, caste has nothing to do with this case.

The consul has more wealth and/or connections than the maid; she has the Indian establishment behind her.

As for the maid absconding, you need to read the NY DA's statement. The consul allegedly made up a second contract which specifically violated US labor laws. The contract was illegal and thus null and void to start with. How can a maid break a contract that was null to begin with?

P.S. John Kerry calls Shivshankar Menon to express regret about Devyani's treatment; defends US laws | Page 12

Ms. Khobragade, as the Complaint charges, created a second contract that was not to be revealed to the U.S. government, that changed the amount to be paid to far below minimum wage, deleted the required language protecting the victim from other forms of exploitation and abuse, and also deleted language that stated that Ms. Khobragade agreed to “abide by all Federal, state, and local laws in the U.S.”

Yeah go ahead do that, call us a pariah state, do we care?As if we live on the mercy of the west, whatever needed to sustain our people is grown right here in India not in west.Sorry the world has moved on from West dictating terms to other countries.

And Indian rupee do not agree with your statement. Your economy would be in gutters if you guys are labeled as a pariah state. Are you going to give up all these years of progress such to be stubborn and throw everything away.

That so called elite is from the parts of so called "Dalit" fraction. That underprivileged maid didnt not even make 1/3 of what she got in India. So its a harassing to take her to Us will 300% pay !!!
RIP logic !!!!
Update yourself

US immigration office can grant immigrant asylum base on political or religion prosecution one faced in their homeland. A Indian maid and her family in their US are consider legal resident under the immigrant law. She and her family not in the US as an illegal immigrant and she come in the US through the proper channel.

Back
Top Bottom