What's new

Did anyone get the email after the recent ID fiasco two days ago?

I won't sneak up on you, don't worry....
i-know-that-feel-240x180.jpg

Dear PDF member...Your Account has been compromised hahaha

Inbox
x

Charles Shobraj <Naradmuni.available@gmail.com>
Dec 27 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, xxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx

chutiyo. lo aur use karo pakistani defence forum. gand mein ghus hi gaya na ...
=====================================================================================
This was the email i got.

Can you forward me that email..

webmaster@defence.pk

We have not sent out any email and no data has been compromised. What happened two days ago was a simple case of cache issue where system was unable to recognize which user was loading the page hence gave different cache versions. No user was able to access PMs or post through another account. So one doesn't have to worry.

No but now I have many emails and conversaitions:

@al-Hasani
View attachment 179470

@Horus
View attachment 179471

:smitten::devil: :yu:

No PMs were accessible, why are you lying?

webmaster@defence.pk

We have not sent out any email and no data has been compromised. What happened two days ago was a simple case of cache issue where system was unable to recognize which user was loading the page hence gave different cache versions. No user was able to access PMs or post through another account. So one doesn't have to worry.

No PMs were accessible, why are you lying?
No mate I could acces to PMs too.

webmaster@defence.pk

Sent you the mail ,please check your inbox.

Sent you the mail ,please check your inbox.

We don't have such email in our database. You have provided that email on your own to some PDF member or registered on some other site where your email has been used to send you such message.

We don't have such email in our database. You have provided that email on your own to some PDF member or registered on some other site where your email has been used to send you such message.
Or hacker might have collected some registered emails and sent the email from outside pdf? cache overflow attack isn't new. Anyways, I am no expert, some one who logged in to different account might have seen the email and wanted to prank, may be..

I havent provided that email to anyone on PDF nor other sites.But it was strange that message was sent 2 days ago that i only checked my mail today to find out and i forwarded it to you, i dont even know who that guy is nor do i know the other two mail recepients who were sent the same mail as me.

Or hacker might have collected some registered emails and sent the email from outside pdf? cache overflow attack isn't new. Anyways, I am no expert, some one who logged in to different account might have seen the email and wanted to prank, may be..
perhaps that could be the case, he might have noticed the emails and might have sent a prank mail implying our accounts were hacked etc.

I havent provided that email to anyone on PDF nor other sites.But it was strange that message was sent 2 days ago that i only checked my mail today to find out and i forwarded it to you, i dont even know who that guy is nor do i know the other two mail recepients who were sent the same mail as me.

perhaps that could be the case, he might have noticed the emails and might have sent a prank mail implying our accounts were hacked etc.
Cache overflow attacks, to my knowledge, use same technique to ping server with DOS style and the server cache overflows resulting in unauthorized access. So, might be attacker or regular PDF user... Syslog should show if there is any unusual number of pings from some IPs.. but again, I am no expert in this matter...

The email associated to your account is wol... and the email he sent to that is not associated to the account and doesn't exist in our database is dr.arv

You and others need to stop providing email address to users who request them here on PDF if you really care about your email addresses.

The email associated to your account is wol... and the email he sent to that is not associated to the account and doesn't exist in our database is dr.arv

You and others need to stop providing email address to users who request them here on PDF if you really care about your email addresses.
I changed the email id to wol..... 2 days ago when i was experiencing issues of login and logging into others account.
Before that i was using the same email i forwarded the email i sent you.
No i havent given my old email id to anyone nor do i know any people here personally.

Cache overflow attacks, to my knowledge, use same technique to ping server with DOS style and the server cache overflows resulting in unauthorized access. So, might be attacker or regular PDF user... Syslog should show if there is any unusual number of pings from some IPs.. but again, I am no expert in this matter...
well i took the precaution that day of changing my email id associated with pdf when everybody was experiencing login issues, but not before someone checked out my old email id and sent me that mail, i have reset my mail passwords and set many user verificiation blocks.
So i am not worried.

For users who care about email address and DOB. They can request us and we will input it for their choice in our DB.

Back
Top Bottom