What's new

Did Ancient Pakistanis Defeated The Mighty Alexander The Great.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
MBQ is our pride, he came and liberated the people of Geographic Pakistan from darkness to light, pride in our ancestors and pride in our current civilization is not a zero sum game. Just as a religious Egyptian can be proud of his civilization, or a Persian can be a Muslim and also be proud of Cyrus the Great, or a modern day Christian Greek be proud of the ancient Hellenic civilization of Homer etc. :bunny::bunny::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I don't know about bringing form light into darkness or vice-versa.

But from knowledge the territories conquered by MBQ encompass Baluchistan to Khyber Pakhunwala ,i.e in other words Pakistan attains statehood for the first time.

Von Hölle;1255660 said:
See you are again making joke out your self as I said before you can not Have your cake and eat it too !!

Again who has appointed indians to decide what or who we are, are you going to stop a Persian claiming Cyrus because he was'nt Muslim :P :bunny:

As i said earlier, the guy who was busy doing the paperwork of cutting the nation into 2 parts could easily place the nation anywhere in the whole of India , which was under their control. They chose the present area and people started to move after that according to religion..

so everything doesnt make sense about this nation debates.

Nobody "chose" anything. There was nothing random about the border or the location of Pakistan. Pakistan provinces were majority Muslim well before the partition and there are still millions of Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan today. The migrant population from India was tiny compared to the existing native population of Pakistan. But today we are all Pakistanis and your use of the partition history to justify claim on ancient history is illogical.

This map should topple your entire argument. I didnt make it btw.
britindianempirereligio.jpg

indus.jpg

i am horrified with this thread..

What if some how Pakistan setups and remote base on mars and luckily finds some artifacts of some ancient Martian civilization who lived there...would they call them as ancient Pakistanis (According to logic of My fellow Pakistanis that geographically the land is theirs and so does its history)

HELL NO!

Ridiculous argument. Pakistanis are native to Pakistan.

The people of Pakistan excepted the Islamic Creed of their own free will, just as the Greeks, Vikings excepted Christianity and Persians excepted Islam

Again who has appointed indians to decide what or who we are, are you going to stop a Persian claiming Cyrus because he was'nt Muslim :P :bunny:

Persians don't suffer from selective amnesia when it comes to their history.
They accept it entirely.

Honestly.. most Pakistanis don't care about history.. because we like to live realisticly. History is not going to help us today.

LoL:bunny: /Now you are just being silly, what we are trying to tell you, is our pre-Islamic Civilization was mainly independent of the Ganges River Civilization which the the modern state of india is based upon.

Yes our country is a mix there are people who claim Arab, Persian, Afghan, Turkish origin, and there are just as many who claim Jatt, Gujjar, Rajput, Kashmiri origin. :pakistan::pakistan:

By all means endorse it as your own, but you can have it only either way and not both..if you claim you that "you are pre islamic civilization" then you you have to accept that it is you who were invaded by islamic invaders from the West and then converted, you were infact invaded and not the invaders.

1) Indus flows through China,Pakistan,India.

Indus didn't Flow in India.

Kashmir is occupied by India not Part of India.

2)It originates from China.

The significance of river Indus in naming India is because historically it was used to specify India's location geographically.

Wrong wrong wrong.

The significance of INDIA is that this name was originated from word INDUS.

India never exists at that time.

How the word Indus can be named after India when the word INDUS born first and the word INDIA Born and originated from INDUS after a long long time??

The ganges civilization(Original civilization of modern day india)
Was the extension of Indus civilization.

Primarily centered along the Indus and the Punjab region, the civilization extended into the Ghaggar-Hakra River valley[7] and the Ganges-Yamuna Doab,
Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats why even the ancient Chinese called India: Yìndù - 印度

The word is YINDU not india.

The word India didn't even existed at those times.

The word India is never used in any ancient History.

The Persian/Arabs used the term Hind,i.e people beyond the Indus river.

You have clarified yourself.

Beyond the indus,means people living away from Indus.

So having no link with Indus.

Based on a river's course of flow,you are claiming possession of origin of cultures?

Not on river course of flow but on the ORIGINS or the Piece of land in which the civilization exist's.

And that part is modern Pakistan.

Even if we claim it on river flow base then still it is ours Because the Indus's flow is all along Pakistan.

B/w why I am claiming the thing which is mine??
The Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) was a Bronze Age civilization (3300–1300 BCE; mature period 2600–1900 BCE) which was centred mostly in the western part of the Subcontinent[2][3] and which flourished around the Indus River basin.[n 1] Primarily centered along the Indus and the Punjab

encompassing most of what is now Pakistan,

Recently, Indus sites have been discovered in Pakistan's northwestern Frontier Province as well.

More than hurting us,you"ll make a laughing stock of yourself.

Looks like it has already hurted you badly..:rofl: isn't it??

Wo wo stop it man.

I said that the history Of SIKH INVASION IN INDOPAK parts is mutually shared by both countries because it is present in both countries.

How can we share IVC with you when it is not present in India.?

Your Pin is still sticking in the same place.

Please leave this mentality that whole south asia is yours.

In this case it actually does,because for many Hinduism is culture as well.
Also our nations were formed on 2 nation theory.

Hinduism is not a culture.

the culture you are talking about is Ganges CV culture which is slightly different from IVC.

It is mixed with Hinduism which has nothing to do with it.Since it is Ganges Culture.The holy place of Ganges river in hinduism has spread this thinking that ganges culture is hindu culture.

Do you want to say that a hindu born and bred in Europe having no clue about ganges culture is not hindu because he does not follow the so called hindu culture which is actually a Ganges culture.?

Strange..

Last edited:

You can claim all you want, for all we care..but then you will be making a fool out of yourself..as both contradict each other.

Von Hölle;1255677 said:
By all means endorse it as your but you can have it only either way and not both..if you claim you that "you are pre islamic civilization" then you you have to accept that it is you who were invaded by islamic invaders from the West and then converted, you were infact invaded and not the invaders.

Do you realise how silly you sound LoL - you an indian is telling a Pakistani what we are and how we feel. hahaha - we except our identity in its entirety. We will have a cake and also eat it, what are you gonna do about it. How do like them apples. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Honestly.. most Pakistanis don't care about history.. because we like to live realisticly. History is not going to help us today.

Go through the entire thread, and many other such threads. If in anyway, the members on the forum represent a microcosm of today's Pakistani mindset, please tell me that the statement you made is the truth and in noway reflects what the majority of members here portray.

Whatever history one wants to selectively embrace while disowning other parts, its your call. But one thing is certain, there is no such thing as 'Ancient Pakistani'. Period. Please to be continue your inane arguments.

Do you realise how silly you sound LoL - you an indian is telling a Pakistani what we are and how we feel. hahaha - we except our identity in its entirety. We will have a cake and also eat it, what are you gonna do about it. How do like them apples. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Don't get emotional ..give a logical counter!!..for the rest refer to post above yours.

Whatever history one wants to selectively embrace while disowning other parts, its your call. But one thing is certain, there is no such thing as 'Ancient Pakistani'. Period. Please to be continue your inane arguments.

our people's are distinct - i dont think you can argue with me on that one.

if thats the case we can define ourselves as whatever we want to - because you certainly have no say in it.

People in Pakistan know who they are, a friend of mine is a lieutenant colonel in the Pakistan Army he is proud of being a Jatt, he is also proud of Pakistan's Islamic past, to him and most Pakistanis these are not mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom