What's new

Diaoyu Islands News and Updates

I padded on the backs of our African and Pakistani friends! Does your face look like the backs of Pakistanis?
You take it wrong, kid!
grandmaster and some guys insult other like Vietnamese and Filippinos when we spoke at here whom he consider not involve disputed between China and Japan.
Now you padded your claim on others back, so your voice not strong enough that you must brought it to others spoke for you!?

From that point, you just slapped on each in everyone of you. :P

China carrier's permanent base in Qingdao: reports

BEIJING -- China's first aircraft carrier has docked at its new permanent base in the northern port of Qingdao, where it will be responsible for operations in waters surrounding Japan and the Korean Peninsula, media reports said Wednesday.

Speculation has swirled over where the ship, christened the Liaoning, would call home. It officially entered service on Sept. 25 amid a series of maritime disputes between China and its neighbors, particularly Japan, with which it is engaged in a tense standoff over disputed islands in the East China Sea.

Qingdao is home to China's Northern Fleet, which is responsible for operations in the Yellow Sea, the Sea of Japan, parts of the East China Sea and the Bohai Gulf, about 150 kilometers (93 miles) from Beijing. Qingdao offers the country's longest breakwater to guard against catastrophic storms, and remains ice-free year-round.

The official Xinhua News Agency and Global Times newspaper reported that the carrier left its temporary base in the northeastern port of Dalian on Tuesday for the first sea trials of the year following a three-month refitting. Xinhua said weapons systems were tested during the voyage to Qingdao, but gave no details.

The Liaoning is a refurbished Soviet-era carrier purchased from Ukraine that China has described as an experimental model. China is believed to have plans to use its experience with the Liaoning to build four or more carriers of its own, one or more of which will be based at the southern island province of Sanya, which faces the South China Sea. China's claim to ownership of the entire South China Sea and its island groups is contested by Vietnam, the Philippines, Brunei and Malaysia.

While the Liaoning doesn't yet have an aircraft complement or battle group, the carrier program has been the most eye-catching element of China's comprehensive naval buildup, which also includes ballistic missile submarines, modern destroyers and a new generation of stealth missile frigates, the first of which was launched Monday at Shanghai's naval shipyard.

The navy conducted landings on the Liaoning in November using J-15 carrier fighters based on Russia's Su-33.

China carrier's permanent base in Qingdao: reports - The China Post

Hoàn C

According to a report on Sankei newspaper (Japan), Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has instructed the Japanese Navy to keep a minimum distance of 3km to Chinese warships in the East China Sea.

In my opinion, the Japanese snatch the Diaoyu Islands, and is near to death.The Chinese people and the Chinese army, we will let the Japanese regret.Still hope that the Japanese honest

In my opinion, the Japanese snatch the Diaoyu Islands, and is near to death.The Chinese people and the Chinese army, we will let the Japanese regret.Still hope that the Japanese honest

I personally don't blame Japan. I heard that a Japanese man owned the land and sold to Japanese government. I think China will regret, since Japan has America. A war with Japan is not even worth it. Cooperation is.

It's surprise to me when I see you said like that, Fsjal. :coffee:

I personally don't blame Japan. I heard that a Japanese man owned the land and sold to Japanese government. I think China will regret, since Japan has America. A war with Japan is not even worth it. Cooperation is.

No no no! My friend,you must know if the USA had entered the war, will cause a third world war. The USA has continued to provoke other countries. If USA help Japan,world order must be changed. World is no longer peace

No no no! My friend,you must know if the USA had entered the war, will cause a third world war. The USA has continued to provoke other countries. If USA help Japan,world order must be changed. World is no longer peace

Fuxing, by definition if China and Japan go to war, the world is no longer at peace, so what you say has no merit. China has already in that scenario brought about a third world war through its belligerence, and is without a doubt the main antagonist.

To demand the US not help Japan in that case is to demand we destroy the current world order ourselves, as it is based in large part on our alliances and their perceived reliability.

You in effect argue that either the US should destroy the current world order, or China will try.

This wasn't the case of a brave pilot, but a poorly trained pilot who couldn't fly straight.

That pilot, or Chinese fighter pilots in general, are so poorly trained that they can't even fly straight, and that fighter jet collided with the US spyplane while flying along as per the normal interception protocall. It's not just the Americans who complain about the poor quality of Chinese pilots, but the Japanese ASDF pilots who routinely intercept Chinese planes complaining about the same thing; the Chinese pilots can't fly straight!

Pakistan could repay some of its debt to China by offering to train Chinese combat pilots.
I find that I can even simply judge one's level through the flags under their images. Just compare the normal speed of JH-7 and Ep-3 and you'll find a task like this is dangerous at the beginning. BTW, SK's pilots got only about 140 hours training time while China's record is 200 hours. Which one is lacking of training?

Fuxing, by definition if China and Japan go to war, the world is no longer at peace, so what you say has no merit. China has already in that scenario brought about a third world war through its belligerence, and is without a doubt the main antagonist.

To demand the US not help Japan in that case is to demand we destroy the current world order ourselves, as it is based in large part on our alliances and their perceived reliability.

You in effect argue that either the US should destroy the current world order, or China will try.
I am afraid what you said is correct. A rising China will inevitably challenge US ruled World order, no matter whether it is willing to do that you know. Therefore there must be mutual compromises between US and China to guarantee the world peace. And without US support, Japan is incapable to fight alone against China. So it will have no choice but quit Diaoyu Island and there will be no wars.

Ma christens two ships to patrol Diaoyutai Islands

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- President Ma Ying-jeou yesterday christened two Coast Guard cutters that will patrol the waters over the disputed Diaoyutai Islands.Hsin Bei (新北艦) and Hsun Hu No. 8 (巡護8號) will be based in Keelung Harbor (基隆港) and deployed to waters peripheral to the Diaoyutais, an island chain at the center of a regional territorial dispute.

The Coast Guard Administration (海岸巡防署) chose Cijin District (旗津) of Southern Taiwan for the ship's christening ceremony, in the interest of minimizing friction with Japan, Taiwan's neighbor to the northeast, according to military authorities.

Onboard the Hsin Bei, Ma reiterated the government's determination to enforce Taiwan's claim over the Diaoyutai Islands.

“We will not concede one step,” said Ma during opening remarks at the launch ceremony.

But Ma renewed his call for the Coast Guard to refrain from aggression in accordance with his East China Sea Peace Initiative.

Taiwan “won't evade, provoke or concede” to other claimants in the defense of Diaoyutais sovereignty and protection of fishing rights, Ma told the crew.

The ship launch comes at a time of continued maritime conflict over the Diaoyutais, an island chain controlled by Japan but claimed also by Taiwan and mainland China.

Ma has adopted a relatively low-key approach to defense, but has also stepped up the visibility of Coast Guard patrols in the surrounding waters. Last September, Taiwan and Japanese clippers exchanged water cannon fire near the disputed waters.

The new patrol ships, Hsin Bei and Hsun Hu No. 8, are part of a NT$24 billion project to add 37 vessels to the Coast Guard by 2018.

The 2,000-ton Hsin Bei is the Coast Guard Administration's first clipper fitted with 40-mm cannons and machine guns. It will join a fleet of smaller ships to patrol Taiwan's side of the temporary law enforcement line and defend the operations of Taiwanese fishermen.

After the commissioning ceremony, Ma inspected a Coast Guard fleet drill that featured the ships on their maiden run.

Earlier this month local media reported that the Coast Guard also invited Premier Jiang Yi-huah (江宜樺) and New Taipei City Mayor Eric Chu (朱立倫), but Ma presided at the ceremony without either.

Ma christens two ships to patrol Diaoyutai Islands - The China Post

BEIJING: Japan has inked an agreement with Taiwan to allow Taiwanese vessels to fish within 12 miles from the disputed Diaoyu Islands in a surprise deal that has shaken China.

The deal threatens Beijing's campaign to reclaim the disputed area in East China Sea from the Japanese control with Taiwan's help. China had received encouraging signals from Taiwan after a group of Taiwanese activists visited Diaoyu to protest Japan's occupation in January.

Observers believe the US, close to both Taipei and Tokyo, may have brokered the deal, which has angered China particularly due to its territorial claims over Taiwan.

"China's position on Taiwan's foreign exchanges is clear and consistent. We are extremely concerned about Japan and Taiwan discussing and signing a fishing agreement," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.

The deal comes after 17 years of negotiations and strengthens Japan's claim over Diaoyu.

Japan's chief cabinet secretary Yoshihide said the deal was about the protection of maritime resources in the East China Sea, while maintaining that Diaoyu Islands "are inherently our national territory" and "therefore no issues are being shelved here''.

Japan lets Taiwan boats fish near disputed islands - The Times of India

Japan and Taiwan have signed a deal allowing Taiwan to fish near a group of disputed islands, prompting China to express "extreme concerns".

The agreement allows Taiwan to fish within 19km (12 miles) of the islands, known as Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China.

China and Taiwan both claim the island chain, which is controlled by Japan.

China claims sovereignty over Taiwan, which does not have official diplomatic relations with Japan.

The deal comes after 17 years of negotiations between Japan and Taiwan, local media has reported.

The islands offer rich fishing grounds and are thought to contain oil deposits.

They have been at the heart of considerable diplomatic tension between China and Japan, most recently in January when Japan said a Chinese frigate put a radar lock on a Japanese navy ship near the islands - something China disputes.

In January, a boat of Taiwanese activists also tried to reach the islands, but were forced back by the Japanese coastguard.
'Special partnerships'

"These negotiations are about the protection of maritime resources in the East China Sea," Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said on Wednesday.

He added that the deal had no relation to the territorial dispute. "The Senkaku islands are inherently our national territory. Therefore there are no issues being shelved here."

Liao Liou-yi, Chairman of Taiwan's Association of East Asia Relations, said that relations on both sides were at the "highest positive level" and that Taiwan and Japan had "special partnerships".

Many analysts believe that Japan agreed to the deal to prevent China and Taiwan from presenting a united front against it over any territorial dispute.

China has expressed opposition to the agreement. It claims sovereignty over Taiwan, and insists that nations cannot have official relations with both China and Taiwan.

"China's position on Taiwan's foreign exchanges is clear and consistent," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said on Wednesday.

"We are extremely concerned about Japan and Taiwan discussing and signing a fishing agreement."

BBC News - China anger at Japan-Taiwan disputed island fishing deal

Back
Top Bottom