What's new

Diaoyu Islands News and Updates

Hey, if you don't like it, take it up with Xinhua and the Global Times, i'm only passing along their messages.

Again, If China is willing to threaten war over the mere mention of warning shots, it would at the very least make a big fuss about the action of a weapons radar locking on to its ships, so the most compelling evidence that it hasn't happened is that China has not raised the issue.

You are obviously trolling though, this is for the benefit of others, not much more to say.

what is trolling? saying japan did not do something without witnessing is trolling. i hardly see china get fussy like what japan did. the true is that japan is threatened by china make you, vietnamese, got fussy! i dont know why vietnamese guys got fussy not for their issue. it is funny and trolling :chilli:i hope next time, china fire real missile at japan, i will see how fussy you are, hahaha:yahoo:

this is the genocide crime of japanese:
nanking_massacre_11911575.jpg

That is illogical, and essentially is asking me to prove a negative with no evidence to use. Can you prove fairies do not exist? You have no evidence disproving it!

to my knowledge, not even Chinese officials have accused Japan of locking weapons radars onto Chinese ships.

As I said, my biggest reason for believing Japan has not done so is because China would most definitely raise a fuss over it if it is willing to raise a fuss over things like Warning shots.

No evidence?

Are you sure?

Japan is a big liar.

a) In 1937, they lied about a soldier was missing in NE China and their railroad was sabotaged (presumably by the Chinese), so they launched a full-scale invasion of China.

b) Japanese awarded friendship medals to U.S. military personnel, then they launched Pearl Harbor attack. President Franklin D. Roosevelt proclaimed December 7, 1941, "a date which will live in infamy".

Those are not fairytale. Japan is a big liar. And they attempt to lie again.

For the moment, they use Senkaku (Diaoyu) islands situation to change their constitution to nurture their own forces. Later, they will use that force to launch second pearl Harbor attack.

To the Japanese, the Chinese never defeated them. Rather, it is American who dropped the only atomic bomb on Japanese to cause their defeat. The target for their ultimate revenge is USA, not the China that they think they already conquered.

Only fools don't see this picture and still believe the Japanese.

Is China Mobilizing For A War With Japan? | Zero Hedge
Is China Mobilizing For A War With Japan?

We don't know if it merely a coincidence that a story has emerged discussing a Chinese mobilization in response to the ongoing territorial feud with Japan over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands (and the proximal massive gas field) the very week that China celebrates its new year (and days after news that a Chinese warship was very close to firing on a Japanese destroyer). We don't know how much of the story is based in reality, and how much may be propaganda or furthering someone's agenda. What we do know is that the source of the story: offshore-based, Falun Gong-affiliated NTDTV has historically been a credible source of information that the China communist party desperately tries to censor, such as breaking the news of the SARS epidemic in 2003 some three weeks before China publicly admitted it. Its motto is "to bring truthful and uncensored information into and out of China." If that is indeed the case, and its story of major troop movements and mobilization of various types of military vehicles and artillery into the Fujian and Zhejian provinces, bordering the East China Sea and closest to the Diaoyu islands, is accurate, then hostilities between China and Japan may be about to take a major turn for the worse.
Uh oh.

As well as for you and your family!
How about new year in Germanry!? I really don't know but I think I will miss Tet in Vietnam so much if I was in oversea!

P/S: Japan was say they will show proof about incident... just wonder How about respond from China at now!
I spent my last Christmas in Saigon. I miss Vietnam very much.

PS: About the incident, Japan may release data proving Chinese radar incident: media

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/09/us-japan-china-idUSBRE91801B20130209

No evidence?

Are you sure?

Japan is a big liar.

a) In 1937, they lied about a soldier was missing in NE China and their railroad was sabotaged (presumably by the Chinese), so they launched a full-scale invasion of China.

b) Japanese awarded friendship medals to U.S. military personnel, then they launched Pearl Harbor attack. President Franklin D. Roosevelt proclaimed December 7, 1941, "a date which will live in infamy".

Those are not fairytale. Japan is a big liar. And they attempt to lie again.

For the moment, they use Senkaku (Diaoyu) islands situation to change their constitution to nurture their own forces. Later, they will use that force to launch second pearl Harbor attack.

To the Japanese, the Chinese never defeated them. Rather, it is American who dropped the only atomic bomb on Japanese to cause their defeat. The target for their ultimate revenge is USA, not the China that they think they already conquered.

Only fools don't see this picture and still believe the Japanese.

what is trolling? saying japan did not do something without witnessing is trolling. i hardly see china get fussy like what japan did. the true is that japan is threatened by china make you, vietnamese, got fussy! i dont know why vietnamese guys got fussy not for their issue. it is funny and trolling :chilli:i hope next time, china fire real missile at japan, i will see how fussy you are, hahaha:yahoo:

this is the genocide crime of japanese:

None of what you posted about WW2 has anything to do with the claims against China and the claims which grandmaster seems to be leveling against Japan, you are trying to raise a strawman. If you can't argue my point, then don't bother trying to deflect things back to WW2, a bygone age.

:puts on the kid gloves:
Again grandmaster, for the third time, you are the one who has accused Japanese ships of locking on to Chinese navy ships with weapons radar over the most current dispute.

You are the one, not China, not anyone else, you. So provide evidence.

Vehicles and artillery have no place in a dispute where the Airforce and the Navy are the players. I'm skeptical.

If Japanese ships actually locked their own weapons radar onto PLA ships,...
without any evidence, it is very biased when you said you believed JP had not done so. that is why whatever you told us is just BS and hypocrisy. we never believe in such biased person.
Here is why, on a purely technical basis, Japan's accusation is more credible than China's denial...

China denies putting radar-lock on Japanese warship - CNN.com
Hong Kong (CNN) -- China on Friday denied accusations by Japan that a Chinese navy vessel had put a radar-lock on a Japanese warship near a group of disputed islands at the heart of a bitter feud between the two Asian nations.

First...

em_wavelengths.jpg

The above is not to scale, of course. It is meant to illustrate the difference in wavelengths.

Second...

radar_pulse_example.jpg

In order to have target resolutions and updates of these resolutions:

- Altitude
- Speed
- Heading
- Aspect angle

We must uses pulses as in the second illustration. It does not matter if the target is at ground level or at 100,000 ft. Most radar systems will produce altitude resolution anyway, especially if weapons systems such as missile that flies above sea/ground level, depends on target altitude, even if it is zero, as guidance through data links. And since the missile flies above sea/ground level, its perspective will be different than that of the ship that is providing said guidance. So it will need altitude information about the target.

Each pulse has two timestamps: pulse start and pulse end. This is called 'finite pulse length'.

The longer the duration between these two timestamps, the less fine grain target resolution updates. It make sense because the leading edge of the transmitted pulse will also be the leading edge of the returned (echo) pulse, and if the duration between the return pulse leading edge and trailing edge is long, it will take longer for the radar computer to assess where is that target regarding those four main resolutions. Timing is everything in radar detection.

So if we want high resolution updates, even for a ship moving far slower than an aircraft, we must use shorter pulses. This in turn will make the inter-pulse periods, those 'silent' or no energy pauses, also shorter. It is the 'pulse repetition freq' (PRF) or some would call it 'interval' (PRI). The PRF is usually measured from leading edge to leading edge, or from trailing edge to trailing edge.

To resist countermeasures (ECM), we usually transmit in pulse trains, which is like 100 pulses with uniform finite pulse length and equally uniform PRF. Then we pause and transmit another pulse train of another 100 pulses. Except this time we change this pulse train with regards to amplitude, freq, and PRF. On the next pulse train of 100 pulses, we change those three pulse characteristics again. And again. And so on...

RADAR *PULSE *CHARACTERISTICS
PULSE REPETITION FREQUENCY(PRF).—PRF is the rate at which pulses are transmitted (per second). It controls a radar’s maximum effective range by dictating the duration of its listening time. Increased PRF speeds the rate at which targets are repeatedly radiated. This increased sampling results in greater target detail, but the maximum range of the radar is reduced because of the shorter periods between pulses. The WSR-88D can emit anywhere from 318 to 1304 pulses per second. It has a maximum range of approximately 250 nautical miles (nmi).
Not only that, if it is a moving target, we must sweep our beam, but not in a 360 deg or 180 deg or even 90 deg. We sweep or 'paint' the target only within its dimensions, which we established with the initial scan. In other words, if the ship is 50 meters long, we sweep our beam in approximate to that electrical length. There is no need to overscan the ship. So what this mean is that our scan or 'paint' of the target will be rapidly back and forth.

The problem for China's denial is that the Japanese Navy is fully capable of analyzing any radar scan of its ships and such analysis is completely automatic to distinguish general volume search transmissions, which would be long duration between 'hits' and probably with longer wavelengths, from targeting transmissions, which would be high PRF and with shorter wavelengths, and because of the necessity of high target resolutions update, those 'hits' will be quick in between.

All typical characteristics of weapons targeting radar transmissions.

Japan considers disclosing evidence on China radar lock ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
TOKYO —
The Japanese government said on Saturday it was considering disclosing evidence to bolster its claim that a Chinese frigate locked its weapon-targeting radar on a Japanese ship, after Beijing rejected the charge.

Japan SHOULD NOT reveal those technical data. Japan have nothing to gain and much to lose in terms of revealing vital technical capabilities to the PLA. The military and engineering communities, which includes China, know that Japan's accusation has valid technical merits. It is within these communities, not the public, that Japan should focus her attention and they do not need to see those data.

To all the Chinese members here, you can get away with being China's mouthpieces and support that denial elsewhere on the Internet.

But not here.

Published on Feb 12, 2013
Neither China nor Japan is backing down in the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands dispute. Could there be an armed conflict? Could it turn into full-out war? What is at stake? How do the Chinese and Japanese navies compare in strength? And who would pay the heaviest price if there were a conflict?

Two experts, Senior Fellow on Asian Military Affairs at the International Assessment and Strategy Center, Mr. Richard Fisher, and Senior China Analyst at New Tang Dynasty Television, Heng He, give their analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's at stake? The sovereignty of Japan from an ever-assertive threat of Chinese domination. The Pacific should be peaceful but China want's an monopoly.

Liuqiu Islands(what the Japs call Okinawa)。

Tanks, one by one, moving along a main road in
China’s coastal Fujian province. Driving up
speculations that the Chinese military may be
warming up for war. Local residents took these pictures between
February 3 to February 6. At times, the line of
tanks and artillery blocked traffic for several
miles. And it wasn’t just in Fujian province. These
military vehicles were spotted further up the
coast, in neighboring Zhejiang province.
According to dissident website, molihua.org,
these tanks in Hubei province are being
transported from a military base to the coast. The troop movements come after months of
escalating tensions between China and Japan
over the disputed territory of the Diaoyun, or
Senkaku islands and they’re known in Japan. It’s
caused international worries that the two
countries may be on the cusp of war. Both sides have scrambled jets and warships in the region.
In January, during naval exercise near the
disputed waters, Chinese warships reportedly
directed their targeting radar at a Japanese
vessel. On February 7, State-run Global Times published
this article saying there is a “serious possibility” a
military conflict may flare up between China and
Japan. It continues to say that fewer and fewer
people are hopeful for a peaceful resolution to the
Diaoyu Island crisis. Are we in a countdown to war between China
and Japan? NTD will continue to keep you posted
as the situation develops.

http://www.ntdtv.org/en/news/china/2013-02-11/chinese-troop-movements-signal-war-.html

Of what use are tanks and artillery against Japan?

Maybe they are beefing up their border with North Korea.

Back
Top Bottom