What's new

Diaoyu Islands News and Updates

When did Vietnam became part of this dispute?

Just because China has disputes with other countries does not mean you intervene into their dispute with a DIFFERENT nation.

Japan demands apology from China over weapons-linked radar - Telegraph
Japan demanded a formal apology from China yesterday for a "one-sided provocation" after its navy targetted a Japanese destroyer patrolling the disputed Senkaku Islands with weapons-linked radars.

Shinzo Abe, the prime minister, angrily rejected Chinese denials that it had engaged military radars in the area as the escalating dispute between Tokyo and Beijing forced the Japanese foreign ministry call in the Chinese ambassador for a dressing down.

Statements issued in Beijing flatly denied its forces had engaged the offensive radar systems, dismissing the Japanese claims about the incident, which took place last month, as "against the facts".

"We wish China to acknowledge it, apologise for it and make efforts to prevent it from recurring," he said. "We have confirmed visually and by photographs and other means such details as whether the radar was directed this way."

Mr Abe told parliament that China's increasing aggression in the East China Sea around the Senkakus was forcing his government to adopt a "robust diplomatic response".

But China said that Japanese complaints about two incidents was inflammatory. "Japan again deliberately spread false information to smear China's image and play up the China threat," Hua Chunying, a Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said. "This has created tension and misled international opinion. We cannot help but ask what is Japan's true intention."

The uninhabited islands, called Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan, lie in an area rich in fish, oil and natural gas. Japan's purchase of three of the islands in September prompted violent protests in China that damaged Japanese businesses.

Satoshi Morimoto, who stepped down as Japanese defence minister in December, predicted a further series of provocations from China, claiming Beijing had drawn up plans to land a helicopter-borne force on the island and other measures. "It is conceivable that it may even try to ram Japan Coast Guard cutters and arrest Japanese crew members," he said. "I am worried that China will keep prodding Japan in the hopes of getting a rise from the Abe administration."

Alessio Patalano, an expert in East Asian naval forces at King's College, warned that the dangers of a confrontation spilling over into clashes was real as the sophisticated Japanese navy struggles to cope with a Chinese counterpart that is a relatively unknown quantity.

The Japanese navy boasts a surface fleet twice the size of the Royal Navy dedicated to keeping Japan's sea lanes unimpeded.

Do not apologize to Japan. Japan is not as important or influential as it thought it was. Don't apologize to a thief who took your Chinese land when you were very weak.

Japan demands apology from China over weapons-linked radar - Telegraph
Japan demanded a formal apology from China yesterday for a "one-sided provocation" after its navy targetted a Japanese destroyer patrolling the disputed Senkaku Islands with weapons-linked radars.

Shinzo Abe, the prime minister, angrily rejected Chinese denials that it had engaged military radars in the area as the escalating dispute between Tokyo and Beijing forced the Japanese foreign ministry call in the Chinese ambassador for a dressing down.

Statements issued in Beijing flatly denied its forces had engaged the offensive radar systems, dismissing the Japanese claims about the incident, which took place last month, as "against the facts".

"We wish China to acknowledge it, apologise for it and make efforts to prevent it from recurring," he said. "We have confirmed visually and by photographs and other means such details as whether the radar was directed this way."

Mr Abe told parliament that China's increasing aggression in the East China Sea around the Senkakus was forcing his government to adopt a "robust diplomatic response".

But China said that Japanese complaints about two incidents was inflammatory. "Japan again deliberately spread false information to smear China's image and play up the China threat," Hua Chunying, a Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said. "This has created tension and misled international opinion. We cannot help but ask what is Japan's true intention."

The uninhabited islands, called Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan, lie in an area rich in fish, oil and natural gas. Japan's purchase of three of the islands in September prompted violent protests in China that damaged Japanese businesses.

Satoshi Morimoto, who stepped down as Japanese defence minister in December, predicted a further series of provocations from China, claiming Beijing had drawn up plans to land a helicopter-borne force on the island and other measures. "It is conceivable that it may even try to ram Japan Coast Guard cutters and arrest Japanese crew members," he said. "I am worried that China will keep prodding Japan in the hopes of getting a rise from the Abe administration."

Alessio Patalano, an expert in East Asian naval forces at King's College, warned that the dangers of a confrontation spilling over into clashes was real as the sophisticated Japanese navy struggles to cope with a Chinese counterpart that is a relatively unknown quantity.

The Japanese navy boasts a surface fleet twice the size of the Royal Navy dedicated to keeping Japan's sea lanes unimpeded.

it is shameful on Japan. japanese facists killed millions of people in the past in east asia. until now, Japan hasnt acknowledged their crime and said no apology to any east asia country. however, with his wicked face and nasty mouth, Abe is wishing china to apologize japan for nothing. that is wicked nature of Abe! Abe has no right to ask for apology. he and japan dont deserve that even if china did intentionally

Just because China has disputes with other countries does not mean you intervene into their dispute with a DIFFERENT nation.
Again, OMG, This false flag is still so funny :rofl:
I will answer to you by Question:

_ When did Vietnam became part of this dispute?
_ When did I bring SCS dispute in here, Tro.ll clown!?
_ If I am here was intervention, so what about you jumping like a clown in many topic about Vietnam, China, Japan...!?

You have a problems with your brain! :what:

P/S: ahhh... yeah! New year coming in today! So funny!

without any evidence, it is very biased when you said you believed JP had not done so. that is why whatever you told us is just BS and hypocrisy. we never believe in such biased person.

That is illogical, and essentially is asking me to prove a negative with no evidence to use. Can you prove fairies do not exist? You have no evidence disproving it!

to my knowledge, not even Chinese officials have accused Japan of locking weapons radars onto Chinese ships.

As I said, my biggest reason for believing Japan has not done so is because China would most definitely raise a fuss over it if it is willing to raise a fuss over things like Warning shots.

similar to you, as a ordinary people, I don't really know what will our army do in that case...
"screaming it from the rooftops" ? I hope they do so, but I'm not sure.

I certainly don't see what they'd gain from keeping such actions silent, this is as much, if not more, a media battle as anything.

I am not mean that...

your US Forces is still the best stabilizer of the world

most Chinese people don't want to be the "police" or "referee" or "judge" ...
they usually concentrate on domestic affairs (that's our culture) ...
... unless feel "they are invading us!" (mainly the territorial disputes according to 1949 map)
or "our ally is in danger! " (during the Korean War ... right or wrong? not sure )

8757fe0e9c9372b4b071e81587d7d36c.gif

Well that is the crux of the conflict isn't it. Without getting into which side is right, both side's people's evidently feel their sovereignty is being encroached upon, and as we have seen, the tensions have escalated to the point where both sides military's are rubbing up against each other.

I could honestly care less who owns these little islands, I care that the US has a defence treaty with Japan that has been stated to cover these islands, Japan is a major US ally in the Pacific, and the repercussions of not following through on the treaty are not acceptable, and this same view is held as implied by the administration's confirmation (at several levels) that the Islands fall under the treaty. It is further confirmed by Congress' unanimous approval of billing reiterating the US' commitment to Japan's defense.

My primary concern is that conflict doesn't break out, and the US isn't put into a situation where it has been perceived as not fulfilling its treaty duties, especially to a country like Japan.

Again, OMG, This false flag is still so funny :rofl:
I will answer to you by Question:

_ When did Vietnam became part of this dispute?
_ When did I bring SCS dispute in here, Tro.ll clown!?
_ If I am here was intervention, so what about you jumping like a clown in many topic about Vietnam, China, Japan...!?

You have a problems with your brain! :what:

P/S: ahhh... yeah! New year coming in today! So funny!

Hahahaha. So funny.

But seriously, why? Also calling me a false flagger is childish. My brain is OK, you?

Apologize to japs??? apologize their @sss!!!

I think the Japanese had enough. They want peace, they get peace.

That is illogical, and essentially is asking me to prove a negative with no evidence to use. Can you prove fairies do not exist? You have no evidence disproving it!

to my knowledge, not even Chinese officials have accused Japan of locking weapons radars onto Chinese ships.

As I said, my biggest reason for believing Japan has not done so is because China would most definitely raise a fuss over it if it is willing to raise a fuss over things like Warning shots.

wihout witnessing, then you should not say "pretty sure japan did not do that". if you are not a witness then shut your nasty mouth up.

besides, only japanese PM behaves like a bad person when he got fussy for such small incident. china is not japan. the fuss you said about is only right when you mention japan!:china:

P/S: Can you answer my comments one by one for straight, Princess !? (Dare you!?)
Can you show me where did my post was trolling anything or provocation!? I say it with really.
He turn around with theory, and you respected him!? How funny! :rolleyes:

You respect him with this!? Are you know what he meaning!? You should never return Vietnam!
Bro, pls calm down. If you read my post again, then you will understand, I mean ironic. @Princess repeated many times the word "respect", so I used it for a ironic response.

When I wrote "troll", I think in general, not you in particular. Here on PDF, everyone trolls, me included.

Do you see any Japanese members here on PDF? You are right, we do not claim the Senkakus.

Last edited by a moderator:
wihout witnessing, then you should not say "pretty sure japan did not do that". if you are not a witness then shut your nasty mouth up.

besides, only japanese PM behaves like a bad person when he got fussy for such small incident. china is not japan. the fuss you said about is only right when you mention japan!:china:

Hey, if you don't like it, take it up with Xinhua and the Global Times, i'm only passing along their messages.

Again, If China is willing to threaten war over the mere mention of warning shots, it would at the very least make a big fuss about the action of a weapons radar locking on to its ships, so the most compelling evidence that it hasn't happened is that China has not raised the issue.

You are obviously trolling though, this is for the benefit of others, not much more to say.

Bro, pls calm down. If you read my post again, then you will understand, I mean ironic. @Princess repeated many times the word "respect", so I used it for a ironic response.

When I wrote "troll", I think in general, not you in particular. Here on PDF, everyone trolls, me included.

Do you see any Japanese members here on PDF? You are right, we do not claim the Senkakus.
Well, Is that so!? Fine...
Just something before new year,... new year came now! Let pass these stupid troll clown...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I know Mr Abe is tough. But demanding a sorry from China?

Happy new year! Wish you and your familiy "All the best, good health and prosperity!"
As well as for you and your family!
How about new year in Germanry!? I really don't know but I think I will miss Tet in Vietnam so much if I was in oversea!

P/S: Japan was say they will show proof about incident... just wonder How about respond from China at now!

Back
Top Bottom