What's new

DI Khan central jail under attack !

This is what happens when you allow drone strikes.

It may take a bit of critical thinking. Don't worry. You've got all day.

Oh yea, it is never our fault.

Our loadshedding is because the jews have increased the prices of oil.
Our schools are bad because our media take money from advertisers.

Of course our jails should be attacked in DI Khan because there are drone attacks with our governments partnership in FATA.

Humaari koi zummaydaari nahi hey. Kissi cheez kee bhi nahi.

these ttp fellows are making mockery of pak army.what shame!pakistanis give a lot of value to their army and ISI but they are of very low standards.it is absolutely shameful for any country tht a bunch of terrorists attack a jail,take out the people whom they want and escape without even getting injured.cant be more shameful.
but this incident definitely makes a very good action movie.i dont have any sympathies for ttp but their bravery is commendable.go into the den of the enemy and beat them there itself

these ttp fellows are making mockery of pak army.what shame!pakistanis give a lot of value to their army and ISI but they are of very low standards.it is absolutely shameful for any country tht a bunch of terrorists attack a jail,take out the people whom they want and escape without even getting injured.cant be more shameful.
but this incident definitely makes a very good action movie.i dont have any sympathies for ttp but their bravery is commendable.go into the den of the enemy and beat them there itself

yea just like any LET can cross LOC and attack IA bases or couple of teens can control your biggest city for 2 days...

Go away troll

yea just like any LET can cross LOC and attack IA bases or couple of teens can control your biggest city for 2 days...

Go away troll

there is a big difference between fighting in a guerilla method by hiding behind a cover and attacking a jail tht is highly protected.the number of militants who attacked the jail is around 100.that is even more shameful.you pakistanis might have got used to such things but for outsiders it is a big surprise

how can 100 people in 18 cars reach a jail where dangerous militants are kept?it is simply beyond me.i can understand 2 to 3 militants doing tht but 100?tht too in 18 cars.aah i would have loved to watch it.no action movie matches this

Army is not there to protect jails dumbass!

And there is no confirmed number of attackers(terrorists) who wore police uniforms.. although 2 have been killed.

And intel agencies had warned of attacked 2 days back.

DERA ISMAIL KHAN:
Grenade wielding gunmen battled Pakistani security forces during a sophisticated midnight attack on a major prison holding hundreds of Taliban and other militants, the police said on Monday.

Fighting continued into the early hours of Tuesday and security forces said they had imposed a curfew on Dera Ismail Khan.
Up to 40 gunmen wearing police uniforms launched their attack by blowing up the electricity line to the prison and detonating heavy explosions that breached the outer walls, said provincial prisons chief Khalid Abbas.

“It’s completely dark in there. We don’t know what’s going on but there is fighting,” he said.

The militants fought their way inside using rocket propelled grenades and machineguns, district police chief Sohail Khalid said.
DI Khan Commissioner Mushtaq Jadoon said dozens of prisoners had escaped. “The Taliban have loudspeakers and they are calling the names of their friends,” he said.

The gunmen also took over a nearby house and hospital, holding the residents hostage as they fired on the police from the rooftops and laid ambushes for reinforcements.

Constable Gul Mohammed said he was rushing to the scene when he was challenged by two young boys holding rifles.
“They told me to stop. I told them I am a policeman, and that’s when they opened fire,” he said. Mohammed was shot three times. Police said there were other small groups of gunmen in the streets leading to the prison.

The number of casualties was unclear because the fighting was ongoing. Police said they had called for military reinforcements.
The prison houses around 5,000 prisoners. Around 250 of them are Pakistani Taliban and members of banned sectarian groups such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ).

Last week, militants stormed the headquarters of the Pakistani military intelligence service in the southern town of Sukkur. Over the weekend, around 40 people were killed in twin bombings in the town of Parachinar.

Pakistani militants have launched successful raids on prisons several times before. Last year, nearly 400 prisoners were freed when the Taliban attacked a prison in the northern town of Bannu.

After that attack, militants told Reuters they were helped by insiders in the security services.An inquiry later found there were far fewer guards on duty than there should have been and those who were there lacked sufficient ammunition.

The attack comes the day before Pakistan’s lawmakers are due to choose a president and two days before a major Shi’ite festival, which security officials have warned could be attacked.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 30th, 2013.

around 150 people attacked the jail

Some sources are sayin 60 of them are suicide bombers?

DERA ISMAIL KHAN:
Grenade wielding gunmen battled Pakistani security forces during a sophisticated midnight attack on a major prison holding hundreds of Taliban and other militants, the police said on Monday.

Fighting continued into the early hours of Tuesday and security forces said they had imposed a curfew on Dera Ismail Khan.
Up to 40 gunmen wearing police uniforms launched their attack by blowing up the electricity line to the prison and detonating heavy explosions that breached the outer walls, said provincial prisons chief Khalid Abbas.

“It’s completely dark in there. We don’t know what’s going on but there is fighting,” he said.

The militants fought their way inside using rocket propelled grenades and machineguns, district police chief Sohail Khalid said.
DI Khan Commissioner Mushtaq Jadoon said dozens of prisoners had escaped. “The Taliban have loudspeakers and they are calling the names of their friends,” he said.

The gunmen also took over a nearby house and hospital, holding the residents hostage as they fired on the police from the rooftops and laid ambushes for reinforcements.

Constable Gul Mohammed said he was rushing to the scene when he was challenged by two young boys holding rifles.
“They told me to stop. I told them I am a policeman, and that’s when they opened fire,” he said. Mohammed was shot three times. Police said there were other small groups of gunmen in the streets leading to the prison.

The number of casualties was unclear because the fighting was ongoing. Police said they had called for military reinforcements.
The prison houses around 5,000 prisoners. Around 250 of them are Pakistani Taliban and members of banned sectarian groups such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ).

Last week, militants stormed the headquarters of the Pakistani military intelligence service in the southern town of Sukkur. Over the weekend, around 40 people were killed in twin bombings in the town of Parachinar.

Pakistani militants have launched successful raids on prisons several times before. Last year, nearly 400 prisoners were freed when the Taliban attacked a prison in the northern town of Bannu.

After that attack, militants told Reuters they were helped by insiders in the security services.An inquiry later found there were far fewer guards on duty than there should have been and those who were there lacked sufficient ammunition.

The attack comes the day before Pakistan’s lawmakers are due to choose a president and two days before a major Shi’ite festival, which security officials have warned could be attacked.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 30th, 2013.

Your souce says 40 militants... again the number is unconfirmed.. 40-100-150... nothing confirmed...

This is what happens when you allow drone strikes.

This is what happens when you fight the war of superpowers .

It may take a bit of critical thinking. Don't worry. You've got all day.

while interrogation recover 200 KG explosive from jail?????

So , now these Taliban will just march on to any place in the country whenever they feel like it , plant explosives , kill people , injure some , mutilate a few , blow up buildings , free prisoners and then leave ! What do we pay the forces for then ?

Back
Top Bottom