What's new

Dhaka urges Islamabad to join int’l efforts to ensure Rohingya repatriation

Kolkata is Hindu. BDians got their country because they are Muslims, Rohingya are Muslims too. If you people want to save Rohingya, then absorb them in your country. They can never be safe in Burma. Their ethnicity will not allow Burmese to absorb them ever.
Ask Mamta Didi, she know how many Muslims live in Kol kata.

i am just too much fed up with this Bagladeshis attitude towards my country
:-) I understand bro! For sometime I had the similar feeling, I grew up knowing Bangladesh as fellow Muslim majority country - the one that was part of our own body as country but our arch-enemy split us into two pieces - but anyway, it was always like feeling of lost brother whenever we discussed or recalled Bangladesh. I couldn't know more about it from community around or never felt I need to know more. By the time I started interaction with people of Bangladesh, I found such immense of hatred towards us and towards Pakistan, I dug deeper into history, interacted more and even started detesting them. What I've learned in my life is that hatred only multiplies and gives birth to more hatred, and personally I don't think we want to hate them. We, all, make choices - they made theirs. So, cannot we just leave 'em alone and let them live their lives in their way? Why not we just remove this chapter from our life book?

PS: I personally believe Bangladesh shouldn't have been the part of Pakistan at first place - founding fathers of our nation were also aware of differences between us and them but that was only way and they had to swallow the soar pill. However, our forthcoming leadership failed to recognize some ground facts, realities and history - they should have given the independance to this region much earlier.

Last edited:
:-) I understand bro! For sometime I had the similar feeling, I grew up knowing Bangladesh as fellow Muslim majority country - the one that was part of our own body as country but our arch-enemy split us into two pieces - but anyway, it was always like feeling of lost brother whenever we discussed or recalled Bangladesh. I couldn't know more about it from community around or never felt I need to know more. By the time I started interaction with people of Bangladesh, I found such immense of hatred towards us and towards Pakistan, I dug deeper into history, interacted more and even started detesting them. What I've learned in my life is that hatred only multiplies and gives birth to more hatred, and personally I don't think we want to hate them. We, all, make choices - they made theirs. So, cannot we just leave 'em alone and let them live their lives in their way? Why not we just remove this chapter from our life book?

PS: I personally believe Bangladesh shouldn't have been the part of Pakistan at first place - founding fathers of our nation were also aware of differences between us and them but that was only way and they had to swallow the soar pill. However, our forthcoming leadership failed to recognize some ground facts, realities and history - they should have given the autonomy to this region much earlier.

that is what we want and we are doing but they dont on any given chance they & their bark against my country just to please their dear indians and when they get kick from indians their sudden love for lost brother Pakistan wake up. that is what annoying what their govt is doing for the last years against Pakistan be it sports or politics they should be ashamed to ask Pakistan help on the first place.....its really easy to say see we didnt do anything its just our govt. most of these Bangladeshis who are dying in love for Pakistan were totally different before indians kicked them.

that is what we want and we are doing but they dont on any given chance they & their bark against my country just to please their dear indians and when they get kick from indians their sudden love for lost brother Pakistan wake up. that is what annoying what their govt is doing for the last years against Pakistan be it sports or politics they should be ashamed to ask Pakistan help on the first place.....its really easy to say see we didnt do anything its just our govt. most of these Bangladeshis who are dying in love for Pakistan were totally different before indians kicked them.
Hmm! But why would we care about what they say or think about us? Is it that important to us now? They'll reap what they've sown - for me, I'll just read the news and move on.

By this logic, the whole world should be cheering Rohingya Muslims getting slaughtered because of the evil actions of ISIS and Al Qaeda. :coffee:
Isis and Aq if they were operating there I think you would be seeing blown up Burmese monks and army

Isis and Aq if they were operating there I think you would be seeing blown up Burmese monks and army
That has nothing to do with my reply but if that thought makes you happy go ahead.

Rohingya are bengalis. Both Rohingya and Bdians look the same where Burmese look east asian
Kolkata, Assamese, Tripura and surrounding regions people look Bengali. Heck Indians, bengalis and Pakistanis on average look very similar. So your point really proves infutile.

Bangladesh asks Pakistan to convince Myanmar on Rohingya issue
Special Correspondent
met01.jpg

Bangladesh HC called on Pak PM in Islamabad.
Bangladesh has called upon Pakistan to join the international community in convincing Myanmar to take back the Rohingya people.

High Commissioner Tarik Ahsan made the request to new Prime Minister of Pakistan Shaid Khaqan Abbasi in Islamabad on Tuesday during an audience, the Bangladesh High Commission in Islamabad said in a statement.

“He requested the prime minister to join international community to impress upon Myanmar to ensure a speedy repatriation of all their forcibly displaced nationals back to their homes in Myanmar,” the statement reads.

The Pakistani prime minister lauded the role played by Bangladesh in the face of the challenges posed by the influx of more than half a million additional forcibly displaced Myanmar nationals in Bangladesh.
He remarked that Myanmar should shoulder its responsibilities for the protection of all its nationals, particularly the minorities.

The high commissioner thanked the prime minister for the expression of solidarity with Bangladesh in tackling the humanitarian crisis.

He conveyed the best wishes to the newly elected prime minister who took office on Aug 1.
Welcoming the high commissioner, Prime Minister Abbasi recalled the visit of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to Lahore in 1974 for taking part in the second OIC Summit, immediately after the beginning of Bangladesh-Pakistan diplomatic relations.

He called for strengthening the bilateral relations by “removing all misgivings through dialogue”, in an apparent reference to the strained relations.

He attached particular importance to further enhancing trade and economic relations as well as promoting people-to-people contact between the two countries.

As regards foreign-secretary level consultations, the high commissioner indicated that Bangladesh is open to hold the consultations at any mutually convenient time in Dhaka.
http://www.weeklyholiday.net/Homepage/Pages/UserHome.aspx?ID=3&date=0#Tid=14883

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom